PDA

View Full Version : Moore Leaves Hospital under His Own Power

SkateZilla
03-25-2004, 07:39 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=1766245

Ebenezer
03-25-2004, 08:31 AM
Was there ever any paralysis?? According to this article there was none. I am not being critical but if there was no paralysis then I am not surprised he walked out of the hospital other than the fact that hospitals generally do not let you "walk" out because of insurance.

pyrrhonist
03-25-2004, 12:14 PM
It's good to read that Moore is out of the hospital. It's refreshing to read some good news in this situation, instead of hearing someone who doesn't know hockey talk about how terrible Bertuzzi is. :rolleyes:

Ebenezer
03-25-2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by pyrrhonist
It's good to read that Moore is out of the hospital. It's refreshing to read some good news in this situation, instead of hearing someone who doesn't know hockey talk about how terrible Bertuzzi is. :rolleyes:

Bertuzzi did a terrible thing. There is no arguing with that.

pyrrhonist
03-25-2004, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
Bertuzzi did a terrible thing. There is no arguing with that.

While very true, it is being made out in the non-hockey media as if he pulled a gun and shot a fellow player, a la the move The Last Boyscout. He has his sentence to serve now, and there is no further need for an uninformed sports media outlet (Such as ESPN) to continue to beat a dead horse. I hope it didn't sound as if I condoned his actions. :ugly:

Ebenezer
03-26-2004, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by pyrrhonist
While very true, it is being made out in the non-hockey media as if he pulled a gun and shot a fellow player, a la the move The Last Boyscout. He has his sentence to serve now, and there is no further need for an uninformed sports media outlet (Such as ESPN) to continue to beat a dead horse. I hope it didn't sound as if I condoned his actions. :ugly:

The legal question is whether clubbing a player from behind (in a game where fighting is allowed) goes beyond the scope of the game. We can debate that forever but eventually a court will decide that (if not with this case with another some day). It's a game but it is also a business and such open to legal ramifications just the same as if somebody came up and slugged you from behind at your job.

pyrrhonist
03-26-2004, 10:32 AM
Alas, I did not mean to derail the thread! The great news is that Moore is recovering. That is of the utmost importance. :up:

ticatfan
03-30-2004, 04:11 PM
Well I have broke my neck and it was a lot worse than his,so by him saying he might not play again is bs,he is just hyping it up for the lawsuit.And I think he is acting a little child like,by not talking to bertuzzi.

qcsabresfan84
03-30-2004, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by ticatfan
Well I have broke my neck and it was a lot worse than his,so by him saying he might not play again is bs,he is just hyping it up for the lawsuit.And I think he is acting a little child like,by not talking to bertuzzi.

That has got to be the stupidest thing I've heard in a looooong time. Have a little respect.