PDA

View Full Version : Ingtar...what do you think of Kordell?

Mr. Miyagi
03-25-2004, 08:33 AM
Your insight would be greatly appreciated. :miyagi:

Voltron
03-25-2004, 08:34 AM
I would have to guess he is VERY busy at this time of the year ;). I haven't seen him on in a bit.

eyedog
03-25-2004, 08:42 AM
Do you watch football ? What do you think of Kordell Miyagi ?
He is a good athlete, poor qb, not very bright, has trouble reading defenses, strong arm but erratic, can make plays out of the pocket, knows MM's offense, could be a serviceable backup but God help them if he has to start more than a couple of games.

justasportsfan
03-25-2004, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by eyedog
He is a good athlete, poor qb, not very bright, has trouble reading defenses, strong arm but erratic, can make plays out of the pocket, knows MM's offense, could be a serviceable backup but God help them if he has to start more than a couple of games. he wasn't asking you :snicker:

eyedog
03-25-2004, 08:49 AM
I know but I answered. He's only been in the league ten years I think we have a read on his abilities.

justasportsfan
03-25-2004, 08:51 AM
I was justa:jk:

Mr. Miyagi
03-25-2004, 09:11 AM

I know but I answered. He's only been in the league ten years I think we have a read on his abilities.
Sure I watch football, and yes I've witnessed his ability for 10 years, but it still doesn't give me the professional opinion of an NFL Scout. That's why I asked Ingtar.

Thanks for your input though eyedog. :up:

STAMPY
03-25-2004, 09:14 AM
kordell has in the past had a few good years, if he's cheap y not! He led a pretty good pitt team to afc champ game didn't he. albeit they lost.

TigerJ
03-25-2004, 12:22 PM
I'm not Ingtar but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. Not really, but here goes. Kordell Stewart has a good arm and ample athleticism. He lacks the ability you want in your QB to read sophisticated defences an know where to pass the ball. Drew Bledsoe can read defences. He just does it too slow to run the Gilbride offence. Under Gilbride, Stewart would have been an even bigger flop. I think Stewart has to run a fairly simple offence. If he's your backup, you need one playbook for your starting offensive lineup, and an abridged version of it for Kordell Stewart. If a team were to plan on Kordell Sewart as its starter, they would need to have superior athletes at every skill position, because you would have to rely on them outplaying their opposite in most matchups. Stick him in NE, where they have had average to below average running backs and average receivers nd he would be pitiful.

Tatonka
03-25-2004, 12:27 PM
hey tiger.. stewart WAS an even bigger flop than bledsoe under gilbride..lol.. gilbride was there the year before mularkey took over.

TigerJ
03-25-2004, 03:10 PM
Yup! I knew that. Honest I did , Tatonka.