PDA

View Full Version : Audio and Video on BuffaloBills.com

mightyspaz
03-25-2004, 09:25 AM
BuffaloBills.com MultiMedia (http://www.buffalobills.com/multimedia/index.cfm?cont_id=232872)

March 24: Tom Donahoe Q&A Session 5:18 Audio
March 24: Drew Bledsoe Q&A Session 7:56 Audio
March 24: Travis Henry Q&A Session 3:34 Audio
March 24: Willis McGahee Q&A Session 2:21 Audio
March 24: Mike Mularkey Q&A Session 8:13 Audio
March 24: Practice Video 3:11 Video

Check it Out !

Tatonka
03-25-2004, 09:49 AM
did you hear henry?

"can you make it work with the two of you here?"

"it depends.. if we can make it work, i would like to."

hmmmm

juice
03-25-2004, 10:12 AM
Neither WM or TH seemed to be too thrilled with the thought of sharing the Limelight.. or carries.. or blocking for the other. I'm not sure about the Two back sets.. someone has to block.

I wanted to hear WM say he was 100% or 90%.. but he kind of danced around it.

The Spaz
03-25-2004, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
did you hear henry?

"can you make it work with the two of you here?"

"it depends.. if we can make it work, i would like to."

hmmmm

Sounded to me he was talking about the scheme. Before hand he was joking around about whow was going to be the lead blocker.

The Spaz
03-25-2004, 10:31 AM
Willis looked pretty good he didn't answer if he was 100% but I guess that's acceptable. He was at least out there runnign doing the stretches and agility drills running around cones Etc. That is a very good sign. He also didn't wear a knee brace.

The Spaz
03-25-2004, 11:03 AM
Missing: Cornerback Troy Vincent and defense end Chris Kelsay were excused from attending the mandatory veteran camp.

Red eye: Drew Bledsoe and Travis Brown could be easily spotted in their red jerseys during the team's first day of camp. The look was a bit different for the quarterback pair. Under the previous coaching staff Buffalo's quarterbacks wore white jerseys.

Highlight reel: During the afternoon session, Drew Bledsoe found Josh Reed deep down the right sideline for a 45-yard completion. Reed beat second-year cornerback Terrence McGee in man coverage and Bledsoe fit the ball in nicely over his outside shoulder.

Check that number: The Bills had a few number changes to report on Wednesday. Tight end Mark Campbell has switched to 83, the number previously worn by Dave Moore, and defensive tackle Lauvale Sape will now wear 99. Recent free agent acquisitions Daimon Shelton and Lawrence Smith have been assigned 31 and 72, respectively.

Visitor: Quarterback Kordell Stewart, in town on a free agent visit Wednesday, watched the majority of the team's morning workout in the FieldHouse. Stewart is familiar with Mike Mularkey and Tom Clements, having played for them in Pittsburgh.

"It helps a lot but at the time you want to be in a situation where you can land your feet somewhere where you can have an opportunity at some point in time," Stewart told the media during his visit. "This is obviously a situation that is somewhat of a no-brainer but there are other facets to this that take place."

Quote to note: "Being in March, it's always the toughest time because nobody really has their legs up on them. We worked out the last couple of months but all that goes to waste because you still don't have your legs up on you. It's fun to get out here, get into football, see the guys again and eventually get started full speed." - Wide Receiver Eric Moulds

Up next: The Bills will hold a pair of on-field workouts on Thursday. The first session will run 10:00-11:45 AM and the second will take place 2:45-4:30 PM. Both practices are closed to the public.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/index.cfm?cont_id=237278

ryjam282
03-25-2004, 12:28 PM
With the two of them on the field, it will kinda remind me of the movie THE PROGRAM when the freshman came in and they moved the senior over the FB and when he was supposed to block on the one play he "accidentally" tripped and the freshman got killed and fumbled. I hope that doesn't happen:hang: :lol!:

The Spaz
03-25-2004, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by ryjam282
With the two of them on the field, it will kinda remind me of the movie THE PROGRAM when the freshman came in and they moved the senior over the FB and when he was supposed to block on the one play he "accidentally" tripped and the freshman got killed and fumbled. I hope that doesn't happen:hang: :lol!:

STFU!:snicker::cheers:

BTW that was a pretty good movie.:up:

ryjam282
03-25-2004, 12:50 PM
Hey, can anyone post any of the transcripts of these Q and A's? I can't open them here at work...:(

The Spaz
03-25-2004, 12:57 PM
Hey, can anyone post any of the transcripts of these Q and A's? I can't open them here at work...:(

BB.com doesn't have the transcripts up yet.

The_Philster
03-25-2004, 03:15 PM
:lol: Great flick

Tatonka
03-25-2004, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by juice
Neither WM or TH seemed to be too thrilled with the thought of sharing the Limelight.. or carries.. or blocking for the other. I'm not sure about the Two back sets.. someone has to block.

I wanted to hear WM say he was 100% or 90%.. but he kind of danced around it.

i got the same impression from henry.. not from wm..

and the guy has wm if he was healthy.. wm said definitavely "MAN, IM HEALTHY!"

that says 100% to me.

eyedog
03-25-2004, 05:10 PM
I don't think both of these two {WM @ TH} are going to co-exist in that backfield for long. The **** is gonna hit the fan sometime this year as long as both are healthy. Thats just the impression I'm getting. As much as everybody wants it to work out, I think TD may have to make a move and I wouldn't be surprised if something goes down at the draft.

Tatonka
03-25-2004, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by eyedog
I don't think both of these two {WM @ TH} are going to co-exist in that backfield for long. The **** is gonna hit the fan sometime this year as long as both are healthy. Thats just the impression I'm getting. As much as everybody wants it to work out, I think TD may have to make a move and I wouldn't be surprised if something goes down at the draft.

i just dont see how something could happen by the draft.. but if he did.. he would have to just grab another back.. we HAVE to have a RB.. and we DONT know WM can do it yet..

eyedog
03-25-2004, 07:01 PM
Yes if something does happen they would have to draft a runner somewhere in the mid to late rounds.
I just think neither one of those guys is gonna be happy with 12-15 carries apiece. Especially with the incentives in WM's contract.

justasportsfan
03-25-2004, 07:14 PM
I don't think both of these two {WM @ TH} are going to co-exist in that backfield for long. The **** is gonna hit the fan sometime this year as long as both are healthy. Thats just the impression I'm getting. As much as everybody wants it to work out, I think TD may have to make a move and I wouldn't be surprised if something goes down at the draft. it hasent been a problem for the eagles with their RBC. The great thing about this is that, competition brings out the best in everyone and the bills running game will be good if MM takes advantage of it. This will also take the ball away from Drews hands or open things up for him.

I doubt MM will pull a Wade on the team. Well we can only hope.

The_Philster
03-25-2004, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
it hasent been a problem for the eagles with their RBC. The great thing about this is that, competition brings out the best in everyone and the bills running game will be good if MM takes advantage of it. This will also take the ball away from Drews hands or open things up for him.

I doubt MM will pull a Wade on the team. Well we can only hope.

The whole key is how Mularkey and Clements run this running back by committee approach. Like in Philly, it can be done correctly. It's also been successful in Pittsburgh and with the Bills when Thurman was the main back. But it can blow up as well...like back in 98 and 99

mypoorfriendme
03-25-2004, 07:23 PM
it should get interesting, although mcgahee had to sit the bench at miami and was slated to share carries with frank gore until he got put out for the season.

eyedog
03-25-2004, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by mypoorfriendme
it should get interesting, although mcgahee had to sit the bench at miami and was slated to share carries with frank gore until he got put out for the season.

That was before he signed a contract loaded with incentives and the only way to reach those is to carry the rock. Maybe I'm wrong and they can co-exist but thats not the impression I'm getting listening to the interviews.

Dantheman1280
03-25-2004, 07:39 PM
They better co-exist

The Spaz
03-25-2004, 08:06 PM

That was before he signed a contract loaded with incentives and the only way to reach those is to carry the rock. Maybe I'm wrong and they can co-exist but thats not the impression I'm getting listening to the interviews.

Did you hear the part where Henry and McGahee we're joking around about who would be the blocking back?:shakeno:

eyedog
03-25-2004, 08:26 PM
I heard it. I'm afraid it's gonna surface sooner than later. Somebody or both is not gonna be happy.

The Spaz
03-25-2004, 08:27 PM
I heard it. I'm afraid it's gonna surface sooner than later. Somebody or both is not gonna be happy.

Well if it does I'll worry about it then not now.

eyedog
03-25-2004, 08:29 PM
OK

The Spaz
03-25-2004, 08:32 PM
OK

:up:

B-DON
03-26-2004, 04:37 AM
whats the problem with willis blockin if hes supposed to be 240 and"chiseled"

eyedog
03-26-2004, 08:15 AM
The problem is he wasn't brought in to be a lead blocker for Travis and I doubt very much if he would want to take over the Sam Gash role.