• Show
Clear All
  • Halbert
    I'm Not Normal
    • Jul 2002

Deceased Horse has Miraculous Stamina!

Time for the Bills to Move on to the Next #11
    March 24, 2004
    From the artist currently known as Tatonka Sr. …

The Bills seem to be stuck at #11 as the centerpiece of their offense. As such, it is high time for them to continue this game of QB11 musical chairs by making a move for yet another #11. It should be quite clear now that Drew Bledsoe is a perfectly known quantity. Yet, many, including those leading the Bills' organization apparently seem to dismiss the past six seasons and nine of Bledsoe's eleven total seasons as some sort of an anomaly as every excuse in the book has consistently been floated in support of Bledsoe's "less than stellar" play on every team that he has been on.

Obviously fans and media are quite within the realm of reason to challenge and question such notions and the wisdom behind Bledsoe's retention, especially given the present option on the table of releasing him with no strings attached. Nevertheless, NFL teams are just that, "teams", and as such need to be optimized as a team. The Bills can take the first step in doing so by releasing Bledsoe and signing another #11, Jeff Blake , for a savings of in the ballpark of $5 million which would then be freed up to fix both lines or other areas of the team needing repair or depth. There is no doubt that Blake could be signed for veteran minimum or very close to it.

• Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Halbert
    Time for the Bills to Move on to the Next #11
    March 24, 2004
    From the artist currently known as Tatonka Sr. …

i am hurt and insulted by your cruel remarks.. i am much funnier than wys.

it is odd though.. if you hate bledsoe.. you automatically get labeled as wys jr..

thing is.. we disagree on tons of other stuff.. in fact, we used to get into such heated debates that i had to put him on ignore 2 or 3 times because i couldnt take it..

issues like henry (who he didnt like at first), sam adams (we still dont agree on), pucillo (he likes him, i hate him), tucker (he hates him, i like him).. and numerous other things..

anyways.. i will try to take it as somewhat of a compliment.. because if nothing else.. wys would do everything he could to back his opinions.. and you may not agree with him.. and sometimes i didnt like his tactics.. but he was never short on opinions and ideas.

funny thing is... he just emailed me today.. he is coming to richmond, va to cook some wings at a draft party i am having at my house.. will be the first time i have met him.
    Last edited by Tatonka; 03-25-2004, 11:18 AM.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• The Spaz
      • Mar 2003

I didn't have a problem with wys per se but he just could never admit when he was wrong and that is the biggest issue I had with him.

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Spaz
        I didn't have a problem with wys per se but he just could never admit when he was wrong and that is the biggest issue I had with him.

he definately doesnt advertise it when he is wrong.. your correct on that.. but no one likes to be wrong.

i am fully ready to eat some serious crow this season if bledsoe plays well .. and if that means that the bills are winning.. i will be happy to (i'm stealing a quote from halbert) have drewberry pie all over my face.
        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

wys is still yapping about Blake.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
            wys is still yapping about Blake.
            because blake is still better...

Comment

• Halbert
              I'm Not Normal
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
              if you hate bledsoe.. you automatically get labeled as wys jr.
              j/k. I don’t really see you that way, I just know you’ve been labeled that here. It’s the classic stats versus situation thing. You both make a very compelling argument using stats, that’s all.

thing is.. we disagree on tons of other stuff.. in fact, we used to get into such heated debates that i had to put him on ignore 2 or 3 times because i couldnt take it.
              Yeah we used to aggravate the hell out of each other on spiritual philosophies, but we worked that out. He’s a smart guy and makes a great case for his beliefs, even though I couldn’t disagree more on many of his points. We argued a lot on football too, but that was just for fun.

he is coming to richmond, va to cook some wings at a draft party i am having at my house.. will be the first time i have met him.
              I have a great time every time I hang out with Mark. He’s a blast. And his wing sauce is like crack to me.

Comment

• helmetguy
                Touch the helmet for luck
                • Sep 2002

Like I said before, Tonk, you analyze, Wys editorializes. Therein lies the difference. Wys never even considers the other side of the arguement as even valid. To back up his own arguement, he often has to "invent" data, or sanitize the data such that it is only partially correct. Opinions are fine, but you can't "prove" an opinion, which is where he goes beyond the pale.
                Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
                And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• TigerJ
                  • Jul 2002

Your posts are too short and you don't make enough use of statistics to qualify as Wys' successor. If you can read a post without having to scroll, it's not worthy of Wys. LOL
                  I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

I never saw Tat as wys jr......maybe a quizlet jr.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Tatonka
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by helmetguy
                      Like I said before, Tonk, you analyze, Wys editorializes. Therein lies the difference. Wys never even considers the other side of the arguement as even valid. To back up his own arguement, he often has to "invent" data, or sanitize the data such that it is only partially correct. Opinions are fine, but you can't "prove" an opinion, which is where he goes beyond the pale.
                      thanks man...

Originally posted by TigerJ
                      Your posts are too short and you don't make enough use of statistics to qualify as Wys' successor. If you can read a post without having to scroll, it's not worthy of Wys. LOL

Comment

• Dozerdog
                        In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                        • Jul 2002

There always seems to be a "deamon" in his pieces. Weather it's Bledsoe, or Tom Donahoe trying to "Pull a fast one on the fans" or "trying to sell ticket holders on whatever ....." There is always some sort of ulterior motive on management's part instead of seeing things for what they are.

If he sticks to facts...great! But when he fills in the gaps with fiction or other people's "though process" when in a fact, he hasn't got a shred of a clue what or why things happen....

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                          I never saw Tat as wys jr......maybe a quizlet jr.
                          that stings, mr. bean.. than one really cuts deep.

Comment

• The Spaz
                            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka

that stings, mr. bean.. than one really cuts deep.

Comment

• kal123
                              Maybe?
                              • Oct 2003

Funny thing is alot of what he said has been posted in this forum by members like tonk, me, draftboy, etc. I guess he still lurks around here for good info.

Comment

Working...
                              X