PDA

View Full Version : To anyone who is getting a spam from billsaddiction

Forward_Lateral
03-25-2004, 10:41 AM
I appologize a million times. I sent an email to spam the user who spammed his radio show to me, and accidently sent it to everyone in the list he sent. Now somehow, the email keeps being resent over and over, it has caused me a huge headache, and I am very very sorry. It was not intended to do this, please try to accept my appolgies. I hate spam, and I would never do such a stupid thing on purpose.
Again, I'm sorry, I had my hotmail account shutdown in hopes of stopping this madness, but it seems that one of the people in the original sent list's email address is the culprit. I hope this will be stopped soon. Please, if you have any concerns, let me know.

Mr. Miyagi
03-25-2004, 10:44 AM
This entire thread is :spam:.

:jk:

LtBillsFan66
03-25-2004, 10:45 AM
Yeah, I'm getting it. I had to leave my spam filter running on my computer at home just to block out the e-mails. I would say it's up to about 250 by now.

What exactly did you do to get it to keep repeating itself?

Pride
03-25-2004, 10:46 AM
Nice to see that people feel that spamming someone back is equal retribution.

You should have just contacted his ISP and been done with it.

LtBillsFan66
03-25-2004, 10:52 AM
Do you know the names of all the people on the list?

There are about 20 or so. Try contacting them one by one to try to get to the bottom of it.

Tatonka
03-25-2004, 11:03 AM
is there some kind of email spam blocker out there ?

i get junk from companies all the time.. but i dont want to change my email address.. i have had it for a while and i like it..

i tried using the "block sender" feature.. but with spam mail.. they change the email address they are sending it from just slightly.. so it still comes in.

sucks.

Dozerdog
03-25-2004, 11:06 AM
I knew Brian H had to be involved in this somehow...LOL

LtBillsFan66
03-25-2004, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
is there some kind of email spam blocker out there ?

i get junk from companies all the time.. but i dont want to change my email address.. i have had it for a while and i like it..

i tried using the "block sender" feature.. but with spam mail.. they change the email address they are sending it from just slightly.. so it still comes in.

sucks.

That's what I have. In this case, I have to leave my computer on at home and have it running 24/7 for it to work (or else I would get home to hundreds of e-mails). I use mailwasher. That e-mail account doesn't have features to block domains, so I needed the software.

Forward_Lateral
03-25-2004, 12:43 PM
Unfortunately, I've contacted the person who's email IP keeps resending it without any reply thus far. Again, I'm sorry, it was a stupid mistake. As for why it's resending itself, I have no idea

LtBillsFan66
03-25-2004, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
Unfortunately, I've contacted the person who's email IP keeps resending it without any reply thus far. Again, I'm sorry, it was a stupid mistake. As for why it's resending itself, I have no idea

Who is it? Maybe we can contact their ISP.

Forward_Lateral
03-25-2004, 01:08 PM
I won't give the address on here, if you email me, I will give you the email address of the person so maybe you can help me to. Any help you can give me is greatly appreciated, as I have inadvertantly caused a big problem.

LtBillsFan66
03-25-2004, 01:12 PM
Please e-mail me the info:

bfone@optonline.net

BADTHINGSMAN
03-25-2004, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog

Hahahaha!!!

SABURZFAN
03-26-2004, 06:00 AM
I appologize a million times. I sent an email to spam the user who spammed his radio show to me, and accidently sent it to everyone in the list he sent.

Originally posted by billsfanone
Yeah, I'm getting it. I had to leave my spam filter running on my computer at home just to block out the e-mails. I would say it's up to about 250 by now.

What exactly did you do to get it to keep repeating itself?

Originally posted by Dozerdog

:lolpoint: BF1

Brian H is messing with you.

SABURZFAN
03-26-2004, 06:02 AM
I won't give the address on here, if you email me, I will give you the email address of the person so maybe you can help me to. Any help you can give me is greatly appreciated, as I have inadvertantly caused a big problem.

Originally posted by billsfanone
Please e-mail me the info:

bfone@optonline.net

is it Brian H?