X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gunzlingr
    • Jul 2002

Bobbie Williams Visits

Guard from the Eagles visits today. Billsdirect just reported, I will look for a link
    You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!
  • Devin
    The Octagon
    • Apr 2003

*waits for signing news*
    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

my vcoach had a quote from him. "it would be an honor to learn under jim mcnally".. or something close to that.
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Devin
        *waits for signing news*
        you and me both..
        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• The Spaz
          • Mar 2003

FREE-AGENT CHASE: The Bengals figure to be active for a right guard as well as a free safety in free agency now with no impact cornerbacks left. One of the agents for Eagles guard Bobbie Williams said his client is ready to sign, but is waiting to hear back from the club. Meanwhile, he is to visit Buffalo Wednesday, where he is

Comment

• The Spaz
            • Mar 2003

You guys have to hear th audio he sounds very excited almost exstatic about being a member of the Buffalo Bills that is very good to hear.

Comment

• Devin
              The Octagon
              • Apr 2003

indeed, that would be a hell of a line, I always write us up a notch or two extra for our coaching alone.
              http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• ryjam282
                Offical Billszone Starting QB
                • Mar 2003

I can't find much info on him. How is he? Better then Tucker and Pucillo?

If so, then we would be set at OL for now and I definitely would think a 2nd round pick of Grove, Snee, or something like that would be a great pick for the future.....

How is this guy overall though?

Ryan Withey
                Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ryjam282
                  I can't find much info on him. How is he? Better then Tucker and Pucillo?

If so, then we would be set at OL for now and I definitely would think a 2nd round pick of Grove, Snee, or something like that would be a great pick for the future.....

How is this guy overall though?

i did some scouting a couple nights ago to get more info on him.. i lived in philly for 6 years and my brother is still there... i called him and got some info and found some more on the philly message boards and articles.. this is a summary of what i have found..

he was the eagles second round pick three years ago, from arkansas.. he was a tackle in college for the most part, but played some guard too..

they tried him at tackle (philly did) but he was not so good there.. he was a back up his rookie year.. then they moved him to gaurd.. and he learned that position for a year.. he was a back up again his second year. in his third year.. he played well in the preseason, but the eagles had an established vet in front of him (i cant think of his name at the moment)... there was an injury and he came in and played the last 12 games or so..

he played very well. he was showing the athetic ability that got him drafted in the 2nd round... the eagles had a top rushing offense, and gave up very few sacks while he was in there..

he has a very bright future.. he has obvious talent which got him drafted.. he went through a position change and just couldnt unseat anyone.. but once he got in there.. he played well.. he also has great size at 320lbs.

i would say that on pure ability alone, he is ahead of pucillo and tucker easily.. and probably slightly ahead of sullivan... based on the way he played last year, compaired to those three.. that would also put him ahead of them as well.

if he signed.. i think he would compete and win the job at LG.

Comment

• The Spaz
                    • Mar 2003

Here is some info from the Eagles Website. Andy Reid made this statement last year.

On how G Bobbie Williams has improved: "He's a very physical player. In the run game, he mauls people. In the pass game, that's where he's shown the most improvement and needs to continue to improve. His overall understanding of the offense. Now he was a tackle in college and we moved him back inside to that guard position and that takes a little bit of adjusting. It looks like he's done that."

Comment

• ryjam282
                      • Mar 2003

T, I think it was John Wellborn that he was behind. He got injured and that is when he stepped in.

Ryan Withey

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• The Spaz
                        • Mar 2003

T, I think it was John Wellborn that he was behind. He got injured and that is when he stepped in.
                        It was Jermaine Mayberry.

Comment

• ryjam282
                          • Mar 2003

Thanks Spaz....I knew it was JOHN :)

Ryan Withey

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Tatonka
                            • Jul 2002

spaz got it.. my bad.
                            Last edited by Tatonka; 03-25-2004, 12:53 PM.

Comment

• Michael82
                              • Jul 2002

Howard Simon said that when the reporters asked him not to tip his hand, but what does he feel about coming to Buffalo. Williams WINKED and gave a nod to the media and they all laughed. Simon thinks that Williams will sign in Buffalo, I agree!

Comment

Working...
                              X