PDA

View Full Version : Bobbie Williams Visits

Gunzlingr
03-25-2004, 11:23 AM
Guard from the Eagles visits today. Billsdirect just reported, I will look for a link

Devin
03-25-2004, 11:30 AM
*waits for signing news*

Tatonka
03-25-2004, 11:31 AM
my vcoach had a quote from him. "it would be an honor to learn under jim mcnally".. or something close to that.

Tatonka
03-25-2004, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Devin
*waits for signing news*

you and me both..

The Spaz
03-25-2004, 11:36 AM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41642

The Spaz
03-25-2004, 11:37 AM
You guys have to hear th audio he sounds very excited almost exstatic about being a member of the Buffalo Bills that is very good to hear.:up::beer:

Devin
03-25-2004, 11:39 AM
indeed, that would be a hell of a line, I always write us up a notch or two extra for our coaching alone.

ryjam282
03-25-2004, 12:20 PM
I can't find much info on him. How is he? Better then Tucker and Pucillo?

If so, then we would be set at OL for now and I definitely would think a 2nd round pick of Grove, Snee, or something like that would be a great pick for the future.....

How is this guy overall though?

Tatonka
03-25-2004, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by ryjam282
I can't find much info on him. How is he? Better then Tucker and Pucillo?

If so, then we would be set at OL for now and I definitely would think a 2nd round pick of Grove, Snee, or something like that would be a great pick for the future.....

How is this guy overall though?

i did some scouting a couple nights ago to get more info on him.. i lived in philly for 6 years and my brother is still there... i called him and got some info and found some more on the philly message boards and articles.. this is a summary of what i have found..

he was the eagles second round pick three years ago, from arkansas.. he was a tackle in college for the most part, but played some guard too..

they tried him at tackle (philly did) but he was not so good there.. he was a back up his rookie year.. then they moved him to gaurd.. and he learned that position for a year.. he was a back up again his second year. in his third year.. he played well in the preseason, but the eagles had an established vet in front of him (i cant think of his name at the moment)... there was an injury and he came in and played the last 12 games or so..

he played very well. he was showing the athetic ability that got him drafted in the 2nd round... the eagles had a top rushing offense, and gave up very few sacks while he was in there..

he has a very bright future.. he has obvious talent which got him drafted.. he went through a position change and just couldnt unseat anyone.. but once he got in there.. he played well.. he also has great size at 320lbs.

i would say that on pure ability alone, he is ahead of pucillo and tucker easily.. and probably slightly ahead of sullivan... based on the way he played last year, compaired to those three.. that would also put him ahead of them as well.

if he signed.. i think he would compete and win the job at LG.

The Spaz
03-25-2004, 12:41 PM
Here is some info from the Eagles Website. Andy Reid made this statement last year.

On how G Bobbie Williams has improved: "He's a very physical player. In the run game, he mauls people. In the pass game, that's where he's shown the most improvement and needs to continue to improve. His overall understanding of the offense. Now he was a tackle in college and we moved him back inside to that guard position and that takes a little bit of adjusting. It looks like he's done that."

ryjam282
03-25-2004, 12:46 PM
T, I think it was John Wellborn that he was behind. He got injured and that is when he stepped in.

The Spaz
03-25-2004, 12:49 PM
T, I think it was John Wellborn that he was behind. He got injured and that is when he stepped in.

It was Jermaine Mayberry.

ryjam282
03-25-2004, 12:49 PM
Thanks Spaz....I knew it was JOHN :)

Tatonka
03-25-2004, 12:50 PM

spaz got it.. my bad.

Michael82
03-25-2004, 01:06 PM
Howard Simon said that when the reporters asked him not to tip his hand, but what does he feel about coming to Buffalo. Williams WINKED and gave a nod to the media and they all laughed. Simon thinks that Williams will sign in Buffalo, I agree! :up:

Michael82
03-25-2004, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
Here is some info from the Eagles Website. Andy Reid made this statement last year.

On how G Bobbie Williams has improved: "He's a very physical player. In the run game, he mauls people. In the pass game, that's where he's shown the most improvement and needs to continue to improve. His overall understanding of the offense. Now he was a tackle in college and we moved him back inside to that guard position and that takes a little bit of adjusting. It looks like he's done that."

Another mauler!??! Sweet! That's just what our OL needs, an attitude! :up:

The Spaz
03-25-2004, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Mikey82
Howard Simon said that when the reporters asked him not to tip his hand, but what does he feel about coming to Buffalo. Williams WINKED and gave a nod to the media and they all laughed. Simon thinks that Williams will sign in Buffalo, I agree! :up:

Make it so TD!:miyagi:

ryjam282
03-25-2004, 01:12 PM
Sounds OK by me

ryjam282
03-25-2004, 01:16 PM
Just wanted to update you guys....I have a Philly fan here at work and he is saying he would be "sad to see him go cause he brings an attitude to the line. He said he would remember countless times where there would be a pile on the RB after a play and Bobby would be the one there ripping the other teams players off of his guy and helping the RB up."

I like that a lot

Michael82
03-25-2004, 01:19 PM
Just wanted to update you guys....I have a Philly fan here at work and he is saying he would be "sad to see him go cause he brings an attitude to the line. He said he would remember countless times where there would be a pile on the RB after a play and Bobby would be the one there ripping the other teams players off of his guy and helping the RB up."

I like that a lot

Me too! He already would beat out Pukecillo and Tucker, IMO. Sign him up and let him compete with Marques Sullivan for the LG spot.

The Spaz
03-25-2004, 01:19 PM

I like that a lot

Sign him now!:snicker::beer:

StanMarino13
03-25-2004, 01:26 PM
One thing that makes me wonder about this guy is he tried out for miami a couple weeks ago and i dont think we even offered him anything. And we all know how bad miami needs to fill up the oline...I guess they could have some other plan or something but just something to think about.

The Spaz
03-25-2004, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by StanMarino13
One thing that makes me wonder about this guy is he tried out for miami a couple weeks ago and i dont think we even offered him anything. And we all know how bad miami needs to fill up the oline...I guess they could have some other plan or something but just something to think about.

Well if you listen to the audio at BB.com then you wll hear he is really interested in a coach who can help him and the Bills have McNally.

Michael82
03-25-2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
Well if you listen to the audio at BB.com then you wll hear he is really interested in a coach who can help him and the Bills have McNally.

He didn't seem interested in Miami.

The Spaz
03-25-2004, 01:42 PM

That too!:evil:

ryjam282
03-25-2004, 01:45 PM

Who would? :) Feely and Fiedler...Sounds like some 2 bit car repair shop:biggrin:

Michael82
03-25-2004, 01:58 PM
Who would? :) Feely and Fiedler...Sounds like some 2 bit car repair shop:biggrin:

You forgot about the new bald Ricky. :snicker:

Tatonka
03-25-2004, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by StanMarino13

stan.. i heard on espn radio, that his contract demands were not what miami was willing to pay..

or maybe he just wasnt a fit from your end or his end.. so tough to tell..

we just had bannister in for a visit.. we could really use a wr just like him..and a special teams player.. but we have not offered him a contract.. it doesnt make alex bannister any better or worse of a player.

ryjam282
03-25-2004, 02:02 PM

You forgot about the new bald Ricky. :snicker:

not to mention the fact that they have a 250 pound WR

Originally posted by Tatonka

stan.. i heard on espn radio, that his contract demands were not what miami was willing to pay..

or maybe he just wasnt a fit from your end or his end.. so tough to tell..

we just had bannister in for a visit.. we could really use a wr just like him..and a special teams player.. but we have not offered him a contract.. it doesnt make alex bannister any better or worse of a player.

Good point T, I couldn't have said it better myself.

Devin
03-25-2004, 02:04 PM
Well one thing to keep in mind he loves the area.

But there is no two ways about it hes a rapidly improving player, and under the right coaching if we sign him, we have a wall of a line in front of Bledsoe and our beast running backs.

I hope something can get hammered out.

StanMarino13
03-25-2004, 02:40 PM
Ur probably right tatonka he probably didnt fit into our plans or he wanted too much cash.

Throne Logic
03-25-2004, 03:28 PM
If he does sign with Buffalo, the draft situation will get even more interesting for the various NFL Draft prognosticators.

Devin
03-25-2004, 03:28 PM
thats very true, this year gets more interesting by the day.

Dantheman1280
03-25-2004, 04:55 PM
lets get him im in for it!! now we just need to get rid of sorry as tt. but hes here for atleast another year.

ShadowHawk7
03-25-2004, 05:59 PM
Great move TD!! :clap: our O-line is reely shaping up now.

BuffaloRanger
03-25-2004, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by ShadowHawk7
Great move TD!! :clap: our O-line is reely shaping up now.

Nothing is official yet though, right?

Tatonka
03-25-2004, 07:39 PM

i just listened to the audio of this guy.. he seriously wants to be here.. they said "you spoke with cincy and miami.. what are your thoughts on that?"

he responded with "they're alright.. but i want to go to a place where the coach is a key ingredient.. and mcnally can take me to another level easily.. "

they asked him if he had any other visits planned.. he said "None... this is it"..

they asked him if he minded coming in and competing at the LG position with several other guys.. he said he had no problem with that at all and that he is all about the competition and the team...

i really like him..

modrak drafted him as well.

The Spaz
03-25-2004, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka

i just listened to the audio of this guy.. he seriously wants to be here.. they said "you spoke with cincy and miami.. what are your thoughts on that?"

he responded with "they're alright.. but i want to go to a place where the coach is a key ingredient.. and mcnally can take me to another level easily.. "

they asked him if he had any other visits planned.. he said "None... this is it"..

they asked him if he minded coming in and competing at the LG position with several other guys.. he said he had no problem with that at all and that he is all about the competition and the team...

i really like him..

modrak drafted him as well.

Right on T and did you also hear the media say don't tip your hat or anything and Bobbie Williams started laughing and what you don't see is him winking as if to say he will be a Buffalo Bill.:up:

saviorbledsoe
03-25-2004, 08:35 PM
According to Billsreport.com we are going after James Thrash too.....we like them Eagles I guess.

The Spaz
03-25-2004, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by saviorbledsoe
According to Billsreport.com we are going after James Thrash too.....we like them Eagles I guess.

On WNSA TD denied that but who knows.

saviorbledsoe
03-25-2004, 08:36 PM
He sucks doesnt he?

Bert102176
03-25-2004, 08:39 PM
it would be awesome to sign him

saviorbledsoe
03-25-2004, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Bert102176
it would be awesome to sign him

Williams or Thrash?????????

I meant that Thrash sucks..........for the record.

ShadowHawk7
03-25-2004, 09:13 PM
O pleeze no! NOT THRASH! He didn't even have 50 catches as the Eagles #1 last year! He sux, and is part of one the worst WR corps in the NFL, (I reely believe thats wut stopped em from the SB) Wait till the draft, or get Bannister, or stick w/ our guys! ANYTHING but sign this guy! Thank goodness TD denied it on WSNA...