PDA

View Full Version : 0-Line changes for 2004

bsullivan193
03-25-2004, 12:32 PM
Wondering what everybody predicts for the Oline this year,
assuming we land Bobbie Williams.....

My prediction: Trey Teague LT, Bobbie Williams LG, Jonas Jennings C, Chris Villarial RG, Mike Williams RT.

Maybe Marcus Price instead of Teague at LT.......

I just think LT much more natural position for Teague and Jennings was a better center than tackle...

Thoughts?:feedback:

The Spaz
03-25-2004, 12:37 PM
I really think Bobbie Williams will sign and can see him battling it out with Sullivan for the LG spot. I see Jonas staying at LT and hopefully we draft Jake Grove for center.

Tatonka
03-25-2004, 12:45 PM
the only thing that i know right now is that three spots are locked in..

LT - Jennings
LG -
C -
RG - Villarrial
RT - Williams

the coaches have said this much.

right now tucker and sullivan will be battling it out for LG and teague is definately our center, since he just got his bonus..

the only things i see changing..

if we sign Bobbie Williams, i think there is a good chance that he gets the LG spot... but even if he doesnt.. i will be happy, because the guy that gets it between tucker, sullivan, and williams will have worked his tail off and earned it to beat out the other guys.. and all under mcnally's teaching.

the only way i see teague not starting at center is if jake grove falls to us in the second round... td will only draft him i think if he is just the most talented guy there.. because he just paid teague 2 million extra for his bonus.. sooooo

that is what i think

ryven
03-25-2004, 12:49 PM
teague is a better center than jennings. I also wouldn't screw with the line unless we draft or pick up a center and then get rid of teague or keep him as a back up. I also would love to see williams he sounds very solid.

bsullivan193
03-25-2004, 12:59 PM
No offense intended here guys, and I don't know if I am right, but over the past two years I have heard a lot of football guys say that Teague is a more natural Tackle and Jennings a more natural center.....maybe these guys are misinformed but it seems like Jennings was a revolving door at Tackle last year and I think he played much better at center..

Has anyone heard these same things or am I just insane? I love both these guys, but I just want to see them in the best position to succeed......

The Spaz
03-25-2004, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by bsullivan193
No offense intended here guys, and I don't know if I am right, but over the past two years I have heard a lot of football guys say that Teague is a more natural Tackle and Jennings a more natural center.....maybe these guys are misinformed but it seems like Jennings was a revolving door at Tackle last year and I think he played much better at center..

Has anyone heard these same things or am I just insane? I love both these guys, but I just want to see them in the best position to succeed......

Teague played one year at LT at least as him startign that's it.