View Full Version : Whoa...say adios to Roy

Devin
03-25-2004, 03:43 PM
dont know if its been posted but some details from Roy Williams workout:

4.37-4.4 - 40 yard times

39 1/2 vert

11 ft long jump

3.97 in the shuttle drill

Faster then Fitz, jumped higher then fitz, and had a longer long jump then fitz. Significantly in all categories.

Three scouts who attended the workout, and were surveyed by ESPN.com, said their teams likely would still have Fitzgerald rated the top receiver prospect, but allowed that Williams was right there with him.

In a "pro day" workout attended by nearly 100 coaches, scouts and personnel department staffers, the Longhorns star firmly established himself as a top 10 choice next month and put himself neck-and-neck with Larry Fitzgerald of the University of Pittsburgh for the top wide receiver spot in the draft. A third contender, Southern California standout Mike Williams, won't audition for scouts until April 8, in Tampa.

Roy Williams stunned even himself, he acknowledged, with 40-yard times of between 4.37-4.44 seconds. No one felt that Williams, one of the several physically imposing (6-feet-2 ½, 211 pounds) receivers in the 2004 draft pool, would run so fast. There were recent reports that some teams might be skittish enough about Williams' past ankle and knee problems, none considered serious, to drop him on their draft boards.

Via Espn.com

Billzz
03-25-2004, 03:51 PM
That's pretty quick, they do it at the stadium on bermuda?

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-25-2004, 03:51 PM
I heard that Roethlisberger had a great workout too.

Devin
03-25-2004, 03:52 PM
Ben had an amazing workout.

Michael82
03-25-2004, 04:11 PM
Oh man! I really wanted him. Oh well, Reggie Williams looks just as good! :D

The Natrix
03-25-2004, 04:18 PM
No Reggie Williams!!!

If they insist on WR it better be Roy, Fitz or Mike.

The Spaz
03-25-2004, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by The Natrix
No Reggie Williams!!!

If they insist on WR it better be Roy, Fitz or Mike.

What's wrong with Reggie. The guy averaged 15.5 yards per catch average runs a 4.4 and is 6-4 225?

Devin
03-25-2004, 04:24 PM
as a certain NFL scout who frequents these boards puts it:

My listing of the WRs right now would be:
Larry Fitzgerald Pitt (think Marvin Harrison)
Roy Williams Texas (think Eric Moulds)
Reggie Williams Wash (think Keyshawn Johnson)
Lee Evans Wisc (think P.Price, though with better hands)
Michael Clayton LSU (sort of a lesser version of Roy Williams)

The Natrix
03-25-2004, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz

What's wrong with Reggie. The guy averaged 15.5 yards per catch average runs a 4.4 and is 6-4 225?

I don't care about stats. I watched him play a few times and I didn't see anything special in him. I think he'll be good, but not great. I don't see him ever deserving to be mentioned in the same breath as Moulds. I'm not big on going WR in round one as it is, but if they take Reggie Williams at #13 I'll :puke:.

The Spaz
03-25-2004, 04:26 PM
Reggie is faster than Keyshawn I can tell you that.

The Natrix
03-25-2004, 04:27 PM

if they take Reggie Williams at #13 I'll :puke:.

O, but TD knows what he is doing so I have nothing to worry about. :)

The Spaz
03-25-2004, 04:28 PM

O, but TD knows what he is doing so I have nothing to worry about. :)

:up:

Devin
03-25-2004, 04:29 PM
Reggie is faster than Keyshawn I can tell you that.

I dont think Ing is basing his assessment on speed alone Spaz, but watching him play I have to agree. He is very much a KJ type reciever. Having said that ill pass.

I wouuldnt do this half assed, if Roy doesnt fall which it appears he wont I doubt id take a WR, id likely try and snag Evans.

The Spaz
03-25-2004, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Devin

I dont think Ing is basing his assessment on speed alone Spaz, but watching him play I have to agree. He is very much a KJ type reciever. Having said that ill pass.

I wouuldnt do this half assed, if Roy doesnt fall which it appears he wont I doubt id take a WR, id likely try and snag Evans.

If Evans is available in the 2nd (highly doubtful) then I would be ecstatic.

Devin
03-25-2004, 04:35 PM
we agree on something!

Tatonka
03-25-2004, 04:39 PM
i like the way fitz and reggie are built the best..

roy is too tall and skinny.. and while his workout was great.. he still drops the ball alot.. too much for my liking.. especially for a top pick.

and that is what sets fitz apart and why he will be drafted first.. he catches EVERYTHING that is thrown anywhere near him.. roy cant do that.

THATHURMANATOR
03-25-2004, 04:47 PM

I don't care about stats. I watched him play a few times and I didn't see anything special in him. I think he'll be good, but not great. I don't see him ever deserving to be mentioned in the same breath as Moulds. I'm not big on going WR in round one as it is, but if they take Reggie Williams at #13 I'll :puke:.

Did you ever see Moulds play in college to make that comparison?

THATHURMANATOR
03-25-2004, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka

roy is too tall and skinny.. and while his workout was great.. he still drops the ball alot.. too much for my liking.. especially for a top pick.

and that is what sets fitz apart and why he will be drafted first.. he catches EVERYTHING that is thrown anywhere near him.. roy cant do that.

Agreed

Fitz has hands like glue!

The Natrix
03-25-2004, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka

Skinny? Roy is jacked!

The Spaz
03-25-2004, 04:51 PM

Skinny? Roy is jacked!

6-4 190 is jacked?

Tatonka
03-25-2004, 04:52 PM
Skinny? Roy is jacked!

are you kidding me.. he looks like todd pinkston's brother.

THATHURMANATOR
03-25-2004, 04:53 PM
I wouldn't go that far T but he isn't as built as Fitz.

Tatonka
i guess you think plaxico burress is jacked too?

andre johnson is jacked.. fitz and reggie williams are jacked..

roy williams is skinny..

The Spaz
Actually I'm wrong he's 6'2.5 and 211 Lbs. Still not big enough to be called jacked IMO.

Tatonka
03-25-2004, 04:55 PM
i want a receiver in the 220-225 range..

it wont matter.. that workout will make sure he is gone.. thank god.. i never wanted him in the first place..

he drops too many balls and gets hurt alot..

The Natrix
03-25-2004, 05:00 PM
Actually I'm wrong he's 6'2.5 and 211 Lbs. Still not big enough to be called jacked IMO.

I guess I think of big and jacked as different.

I think of big as more of a weight thing where I associate jacked with "ripped."

I just don't think there is anything about him physically to be concerned about. He looks like Moulds for Christ sakes. Would you consider Moulds skinny?

THATHURMANATOR
03-25-2004, 05:03 PM
You know what I just saw some picks on espn and he does look pretty ripped.

mypoorfriendme
03-25-2004, 05:03 PM
roy in the first or devery henderson/michael jenkins in the second.

Tatonka
03-25-2004, 05:05 PM
I guess I think of big and jacked as different.

I think of big as more of a weight thing where I associate jacked with "ripped."

I just don't think there is anything about him physically to be concerned about. He looks like Moulds for Christ sakes. Would you consider Moulds skinny?

i bet moulds has 10-15 pounds on him.. i just disagree.. unless he looks drastically different than college.. he is skinnier than moulds, no doubt.

doesnt matter.. he wont be a bill.

ShadowHawk7
03-25-2004, 05:52 PM
If we're gonna get a reciever (I don't want to in the first place) in the first round, I'd only take Mike or Roy. Both are doubtful to fall that far anyway. If not, I might take Rivers. I'm sorta torn on him, b/c of all his amazing stats and bios, but also we need a imediate impact player, and Rivers cud just be a high paid bust like ne other 1st round QB. I'm completely fine w/ our surrent DEs, and I don't think TD would address replaceing Kelsay, until round 3 at BEST. We have good, young talent there. We don;t have yound talent at DT. I think we need another DT. W/ Sam aging, and Pat maybe gone next year, we need a dominant DT that could even start instead of Sam. We could get Wilfork or that Tommy guy, and I'd be fine w/ it. Actually, I'd trade down, grab Carrey, then trade up in te 2nd w/ our two 2nd rounders (one for trade down in the 1st.) and grab Evans. But if we do get Bobbie Williams (whats the word on him?) I'd go w/ the previous choices. How is that for a draft?