PDA

View Full Version : Roethlisberger's Incredible Workout

BillsRockSOMUCH
03-25-2004, 09:31 PM
I'm a huge Ben fan and think if he falls to 10 we should move up and get him.

I always felt (even before today) that Ben was better than Eli. I feel he has more potenial and is more mobile.

For a the grand finale they got him to stand FLAT-FOOTED on his own 40yrd line and throw passes in 5 yrd increments to recievers that were starting on the opposing 30yrd line! They reckon by the end he was hit his recievers IN THE ENDZONE...thats 60yrds!!! ...Flat-footed!!! Unreal arm...

Ben Roethlisberger QB Roethlisberger's workout was scripted by Steve Clarkson, who is a former San Jose State QB and currently helps prepare quarterbacks for the NFL. Roethlisberger (6-4 7/8, 240) ran his 40s in 4.81 and 4.82. He had a 30-inch vertical, a 4.32 short shuttle and a 6.81 three-cone drill.

His positional drills were referred to as outstanding. They had him throw a lot of passes on the move, and threw about 80 passes total with very good accuracy. He threw to Grant Mattos, who was with the Chargers last year, along with Cal Murry, a running back at Miami, Ohio this past year and tight end Matt Brandt (no relation). They finished the workout by having him stand flat-footed on his own 40 and throwing to receivers in five-yard increments starting at the opposing 30-yard line. By the end of the drill, he was connecting to receivers in the end zone 60 yards away. One Giants personnel guy said to me, "I've seen enough," as in Roethlisberger can't get any better. Another person there said, "If Al Davis passes on him, he's making a big mistake."

Our QB of the future?

Devin
03-25-2004, 09:40 PM
Ben is quite good, he doesnt have Rivers accuracy but is very Mobile (not vick mobile but as Ing said like an Elway).

Hes strong, he doesnt have the field visibility Rivers has but his other intangibles are off the charts.

I personally prefer Rivers, but certainly would not pass on Ben.

The Spaz
03-25-2004, 09:49 PM
"Big Ben" is the man!:up:

STAMPY
03-25-2004, 09:54 PM
rivers isn't big ben's league

mypoorfriendme
03-25-2004, 10:01 PM
if either are available at 13, they better be bills

B-DON
03-26-2004, 04:23 AM
BEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aero II
03-26-2004, 06:24 AM
He has the size of a linebacker.
Where have we seen that before?

Jan Reimers
03-26-2004, 07:11 AM
I like the idea of taking a big time QB like Ben or Rivers in the 1st round, rather than a "project" in a bargain basement round. QB is still the key position on any football team. Why not draft the best?

Jan Reimers
03-26-2004, 07:22 AM
And if we have too many other needs this year to use a high pick on a QB, let's wait until next year. There are a few Ben and Rivers- quality guys coming out each year.

Pride
03-26-2004, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
And if we have too many other needs this year to use a high pick on a QB, let's wait until next year. There are a few Ben and Rivers- quality guys coming out each year.

Yeah, but next year, I dont expect to be picking so low in the first round! We do have to consider that...

Devin
03-26-2004, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
rivers isn't big ben's league

lol

THATHURMANATOR
03-26-2004, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Devin
Ben is quite good, he doesnt have Rivers accuracy but is very Mobile (not vick mobile but as Ing said like an Elway).

Hes strong, he doesnt have the field visibility Rivers has but his other intangibles are off the charts.

I personally prefer Rivers, but certainly would not pass on Ben.

I would MUCH rather get Rothesburger than Rivers. I think that no one discusses him because we are assuming that he wouldn't be available at our pick.

Ebenezer
03-26-2004, 09:41 AM
Top 5.

THATHURMANATOR
03-26-2004, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
Top 5.

Yes top 5.

I am liking Rivers less and less.

Especially after Ingtar's analysis

Tatonka
03-26-2004, 10:54 AM
ingtar has been wrong before.. he will say as much himself..

dont let your head convince your eyes of something else.

THATHURMANATOR
03-26-2004, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
ingtar has been wrong before.. he will say as much himself..

dont let your head convince your eyes of something else.

Oh I know that. I was kinda thinking the same things before Rivers went crazy in his bowl game and in the Senior bowl.