PDA

View Full Version : What will be the Draft Day Surprise

Aero II
03-26-2004, 06:21 AM
Since the Vikings don't pick till 19, their annual “Lets make the Draft more interesting and pick after the 15 min. are up” strategy won’t effect the Bills first pick, unless Minni trades up. What team do you think will most likely make a pick that will throw the entire first round into a tizzy, and make all these mock drafts look nothing like their eventual outcome and what do you think that pick might be?

The Spaz
03-26-2004, 06:22 AM
The Jets will **** up.

Aero II
03-26-2004, 06:24 AM
I like that one Spaz.

The Spaz
03-26-2004, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by Aero II
I like that one Spaz.

:evil::snicker:

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-26-2004, 07:31 AM
Tom Donahoe will draft Maurice Clarrett.

:snicker:

The Spaz
03-26-2004, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
Tom Donahoe will draft Maurice Clarrett.

:snicker:

Umm Suuurrreeee.....

Jan Reimers
03-26-2004, 07:40 AM
TD, all the while proclaiming that "Drew's the man," will trade up to pick Eli Manning.

The Spaz
03-26-2004, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
TD, all the while proclaiming that "Drew's the man," will trade up to pick Eli Manning.

He has stated that Drew is the man for this year the future is undecided.:up:

Novacane
03-26-2004, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by The Spaz

He has stated that Drew is the man for this year the future is undecided.:up:

PC way of saying Drew is out of here next year.:nana:

The Spaz
03-26-2004, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green

Did he deny that?

The Spaz
03-26-2004, 07:56 AM

Sounds good to me if Bledsoe fail this year!:up:

Aero II
03-26-2004, 07:59 AM
How did this turn into a bash Bledsoe thread?

Okay, new question, Who will be drafted in the 1st round that is obviously a later round pick, and who would pull the trigger.

Lets get back on course, shall we?

The Spaz
03-26-2004, 08:03 AM
How did this turn into a bash Bledsoe thread?

Okay, new question, Who will be drafted in the 1st round that is obviously a later round pick, and who would pull the trigger.

Lets get back on course, shall we?

Hey I was just agreeing that we could get a QB this year.:idunno:

Aero II
03-26-2004, 08:05 AM

Hey I was just agreeing that we could get a QB this year.:idunno:
Will us picking a QB in the first round be the Big Stunning Surprize of the draft?

The Spaz
03-26-2004, 08:06 AM

Will us picking a QB in the first round be the Big Stunning Surprize of the draft?

Moving up to take Manning would IMO.

Tatonka
03-26-2004, 08:06 AM

pc way of saying drew is out of here next year... unless he plays great this year.

my big surprise is that miami will go DL or LB... while all of us think they are going qb or wr or ol..

gonzo1105
03-26-2004, 08:10 AM
I'm gonna go with McClough or whatever the corner from the small school making it into the 1st round ...Sort of like Asomougha did last year

Aero II
03-26-2004, 08:12 AM
I REALLY don't wnat to argue here, too much of that goes on regarding Drew already. But, how does.........

Sounds good to me if Bledsoe fail this year!:up:
mean that the draft in 4 weeks will result in a surprise of us traiding up. I just don's get the statement based on this thread. Please enlightne me. :D

The Spaz
03-26-2004, 08:13 AM
I REALLY don't wnat to argue here, too much of that goes on regarding Drew already. But, how does.........

mean that the draft in 4 weeks will result in a surprise of us traiding up. I just don's get the statement based on this thread. Please enlightne me. :D

Well concidering Manning will be a top 5 pick with us trading all the way up to get him is surprising.:up:

Michael82
03-26-2004, 08:14 AM
Robert Gallery going #1 overall would change the top 10 picks drastically IMO.

Aero II
03-26-2004, 08:18 AM
Fine. That would be a blockbuster surprize, I agree.

DraftBoy
03-26-2004, 08:21 AM
DT Marcus Tubbs goes mid to late 1st, hes touted as a mid 2nd- early 3rd pick

DraftBoy
03-26-2004, 08:21 AM
OG Vernon Carey falls into round 2

Novacane
03-26-2004, 08:24 AM
Phillip Rivers falls to our pick in the second round

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-26-2004, 08:33 AM
San Diego will trade the #1 pick to the Giants for more picks and then they will trade the #4 pick and drop down again. They will still be in the top 10 and pick up a 2nd round pick, two extra 3rds, a 5th, and a young player or two. They will then proceed to draft Phillip Rivers. All of the fans of Buffalo that are craving this guy will all think that the Bills cannot possibly have a good draft since Rivers wasn't taken.

Tatonka
03-26-2004, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by Mikey82

oo.. that is a good one.. i could see that.. and it would just jack everything up..

Tatonka
03-26-2004, 08:37 AM

Originally posted by DraftBoy

i could see both of those too.

Ebenezer
03-26-2004, 08:38 AM
The Jets will **** up.

I thought he was asking for the Draft Day surprise...:D

I don't think there will be one but if I had to guess for some reason...

TH gets traded.

The Spaz
03-26-2004, 08:42 AM
I thought he was asking for the Draft Day surprise...:D

True!:snicker:

Michael82
03-26-2004, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
oo.. that is a good one.. i could see that.. and it would just jack everything up..

Imagine if that happens. Would Oakland take Manning or would they stick with Larry Fitzgerald? Arizona could also then take Eli Manning if Oakland takes Fitz. I could see the Giants grabbing Big Ben and thus, a lot of big named defensive players begin to fall, even some top WRs. Gallery at #1 would definitely screw up the top 15, IMO.

Michael82
03-26-2004, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by DraftBoy

If EITHER of these happen...I want TD to trade up into the top 5 of the 2nd round and grab Vernon Carey OR Phil Rivers. :D

Ebenezer
03-26-2004, 08:52 AM
Rivers will not make it to the 2nd round.

Devin
03-26-2004, 08:56 AM
I think the Bengals, aside from Palmer they have a history of screwing up drafts.

I love when Chris Berman breaks out his "Well what do you expect...its the Bengals."

They will come in and draft someone waaaay higher then they need or a position they dont need.

chubluv
03-26-2004, 09:36 AM
I think that Al Davis will draft a 3rd round quality player with the 2nd overall pick....

lol

Tatonka
03-26-2004, 09:49 AM
marice clarrett will have an incredible work out and go in the first round.

BigZ
03-26-2004, 09:50 AM
Bills trading down and getting the receiver and QB they "wanted anyway" with their 1a and 1b selections.

Probably wishful thinking.

How many weeks until the draft?

Ickybaluky
03-26-2004, 10:13 AM
The Bengals have done a pretty good job in the draft of late. In the last 3 years they have drafted the the following guys, all who are starters on key contributors:

Carson Palmer
Eric Steinbach
Kelley Washington
Dennis Weathersby
Jeremi Johnson
Levi Jones
Justin Smith
Chad Johnson
Rudi Johnson

That is 9 guys in 3 drafts who are either starters or will be soon. That isn't too bad in today's NFL.

If I had to pick one guy to throw a wrench in the draft, it will be Dennis Green in Arizona. He always seems to reach for players, and lots of times drafts offense while ignoring defensive needs.

I think the guy Green wants is Fitzgerald, but if he isn't there then there is no telling who he will pick.

The Spaz
03-26-2004, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by NE39
The Bengals have done a pretty good job in the draft of late. In the last 3 years they have drafted the the following guys, all who are starters on key contributors:

Carson Palmer
Eric Steinbach
Kelley Washington
Dennis Weathersby
Jeremi Johnson
Levi Jones
Justin Smith
Chad Johnson
Rudi Johnson

That is 9 guys in 3 drafts who are either starters or will be soon. That isn't too bad in today's NFL.

If I had to pick one guy to throw a wrench in the draft, it will be Dennis Green in Arizona. He always seems to reach for players, and lots of times drafts offense while ignoring defensive needs.

I think the guy Green wants is Fitzgerald, but if he isn't there then there is no telling who he will pick.

They followed Mel Kiper's player rankings to a T.:up:

Aero II
03-26-2004, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Mikey82
This is my favorite scenario, so far.