PDA

View Full Version : Regier and Ruff will remain, Quinn says

Michael82
03-26-2004, 08:07 AM
Buffalo Sabres managing partner Larry Quinn has contended, contrary to popular belief, he never issued a make-the-playoffs-or-else ultimatum to his general manager and head coach.
Quinn's testimony will be proved without a doubt if the Sabres don't reach the postseason because he informed The Buffalo News on Thursday that Darcy Regier and Lindy Ruff will keep their jobs regardless of when Buffalo's season ends.

"I'm very proud of what we've accomplished to date," Quinn said. "I'm very happy with what management has done with this team. Very happy.

"It's hard to find fault with anything they have done."

The Sabres are eight points behind the New York Islanders for the Eastern Conference's final playoff berth, but time is running out. The Sabres have six games left in the regular season, including tonight against the Pittsburgh Penguins in HSBC Arena.

Yet even if the Sabres fail to reach the playoffs for a third straight season - something they never have done in their 34 years - Quinn said they already have covered sufficient ground from their woebegone bankruptcy days to keep Regier and Ruff.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20040326/1041112.asp

The Spaz
03-26-2004, 08:08 AM
Yeah he's very happy about not making the playoffs, very happy!:mad::rolleyes:

Michael82
03-26-2004, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by The Spaz
Yeah he's very happy about not making the playoffs, very happy!:mad::rolleyes:

****ing Quinn! He needs to leave the Sabres! :mad:

Ebenezer
03-26-2004, 08:14 AM
Ruff is working with everything he has...this team in over .500 remember...he is making lemonade from lemons. Ruff doesn't deserve to be fired. Whether he walks or not is his decision. How many others stay in jobs where they are treated like crap and not given support to do the job right?

Regier is doing a poor job but if he is following the dictates of the managing body then the managing body cannot blame him.

Michael82
03-26-2004, 08:16 AM
I agree that Ruff does not deserve to be fired, but Regier sucks and should be gone, IMO. :mad:

The Spaz
03-26-2004, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
Ruff is working with everything he has...this team in over .500 remember...he is making lemonade from lemons. Ruff doesn't deserve to be fired. Whether he walks or not is his decision. How many others stay in jobs where they are treated like crap and not given support to do the job right?

Regier is doing a poor job but if he is following the dictates of the managing body then the managing body cannot blame him.

The managing body told him not to improve the team until a month is left in the season. HE was abler to make deals he just made them too ****ing late.

chubluv
03-26-2004, 09:43 AM
I used to think that I wanted to fire both of them, but now I think its just the big over all plan by Tom Gollisano & Quinn for our future. They werent going to open up the wallet & dish out money to players or trade for players with high salaries on the eve of what may or maynot be a next season because of the CBA.

So I'm just gonna close my mouth and re think about what Eb has been saying all along about how Ruff has been making lemonade with those lemons on our roster & hope for the best in the next season whenever it may start..

Halbert
03-26-2004, 10:32 AM
As far as I'm concerned Lindy Ruff has worked magic with the trash he's been given. Despite the long odds against making the playoffs now, to even have them in contention is a masterful accomplishment. I hope he stays here indefinitely.

I'll give Regier the benefit of the doubt under new ownership. But next season when everyone has their feet wet he better make it clear he deserves to stay.

pyrrhonist
03-26-2004, 10:37 AM
I suppose I'll be pelted with stones should I say I am moderately pleased with the improvement of this year's team over the last 2 seasons. :laughter:

In all honesty, I think that Ruff is the least of the worries. It's all of the damn giveaway deals that Regier had to make under the black cloud of the Rigas era's final days. I agree with Halbert, in that with Golisano in for 1 full year now, Regier should be able to show "what he has" in the 2nd full season (Should there be one next year) of this front office.

Myers57
03-26-2004, 10:38 AM
I would like Regeir to go but think it would not be wise with the impending CBA...

mchurchfie
03-26-2004, 10:59 AM
Fire them both.....they are just changing everyone's view with their latest and only second of the year winstreak. They should have been playing more consistent from the beginning of the year. Ruff needs to go because of his mismanagement of the goalie situation, his repression of some of the offensive talent we do and DID have on this team, and his lack of ability to keep these guys working hard and inspired for the WHOLE season, not just the last month. Also, even though this team has fared well while in th Playoffs we have had to hustle to come in through the back door every year Ruff has been here:cynic: Regier needs to be fired for his complacency in making trades, even small ones, to help this team. If he would have brought players in here like we just got a little earlier in the year we might not be worrying about hustling to make the Playoffs now. He also needs to be held accountable for making this team softer and softer every year....he finally saw the light and is headed the other way.:cynic: It is refreshing to see a team that sticks up for itself again. I think they should both go regardless, they have been granted enough mulligans. Quinn is an egotistic puppet who fired ont of the best GMs we ever had in John Muckler just to flex his muscles a little...he should have never been allowed back in the City of Buffalo just for that reason.

JD
03-26-2004, 06:49 PM
BULL****

**** THEM!
**** THEM ALL!!!!

Its bull**** that thier going to ****ing stay just because we made an improvement?

**** THEM

Such bull****!!!!!!!!!!!!
The players have lost respect to ruff, they wont get it back.
We need a knew ****ing coach for christs sake.

JD
03-26-2004, 06:51 PM
Halbert....how about you stick to the Bills because you obviously know nothing about the Sabres.

The trash hes been giving?

WE HAVE GOOD PLAYERS
The real only Eye sore is Kalinin.......
Biron and Noronen have both improved this year but STILL we need to drop one of them and pick up another more consistent goaltender.

I thought Golisano is a billioniare?

WTF is he doing with his money? Saving it for his next campaign for NYS?

Dozerdog
03-26-2004, 06:55 PM
JD- Knock it off.

I've known Halbert a while- and I'll take his opinions over your silly rants any day.
Originally posted by JD SabreFan
BULL****

**** THEM!
**** THEM ALL!!!!

Its bull**** that thier going to ****ing stay just because we made an improvement?

**** THEM

Very intelligent analysis

#1Fan
03-26-2004, 08:22 PM
JD - Tell us how you really feel.

The rest - I do not know about Reiger and Ruff...since I'm a noob Sabres fan. Can some1 PM me?

qcsabresfan84
03-26-2004, 09:06 PM
Ruff is just as good as any other coach would be on this team, so he definately deserves to stay.
Regier always has a knack for making successful trades, he just has horrible timing. I'm on the fence about him. We need to bring in at least one or two real names this summer for him to get back on my good side.

SabreEleven
03-26-2004, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by JD SabreFan
BULL****

**** THEM!
**** THEM ALL!!!!

**** THEM

This has to be some sort of record for asterisks in a post :shakeno:

fushetti
03-26-2004, 11:37 PM
JD, you sound pissed....Ruff has done an excellent job this season. What players has he lost the respect of? It looks to me that the team is battling like crazy right now.

However, Regier needs to go and Quinn sucks big fat monkey dick.

Thank you very much

Fushetts
*********************************************************************************************************

new record for asterisks

Myers57
03-27-2004, 08:44 AM
lol, damn't that record looks to hard for me to get...

Dr. Lecter
10-21-2006, 10:38 PM
BULL****

**** THEM!
**** THEM ALL!!!!

**** THEM

The players hate Ruff. :str8face:.

BTW, the reason I am bumping these threads are for the people ready to dump Jauron.

Patience people. Patience.