PDA

View Full Version : Deja Vu All Over Again

Halbert
03-26-2004, 09:40 AM
I could swear that they just cut-and-pasted these comments from the 2003 camps:

Drew likes the coaching staff:

"To come in and be around this coaching staff and the energy and experience they bring, it's got me excited. It really does," Bledsoe said this week during the Bills' three-day minicamp.

''I'll tell you what, it's exciting,'' Bledsoe said. ''The energy and experience that they bring has got me excited.''

Drew is confident the Bills will be very good:

''I'll just put it this way,'' Bledsoe said. ''I expect great success for us as a team this year. And I'll be shocked if that's not the case.''

"I think that we have the talent to go forward very, very quickly."

The Bills will commit to a smash-mouth run game:

”This year I think you’ll see us be a little more stubborn, a little more hard-headed about playing the brand of ball that fits our talent. We are going to pound the ball a little bit more, we are going to play-action pass more and we are going to put more points on the board.”

And the coaches are impressed with Drew:

"The first thing that stands out is he's a field general," Mularkey said. "He's directing everything that's going on in there. The things he's doing on the field trying to bring the team along is just right on the money.''

"He's unusually good, and I've been around some unusually good ones,” Wyche commented. “He has not lost anything with his arm strength. He has not lost any of his accuracy. But the most impressive part for me right now two days into it is his recognition and his decision-making. He recognizes the defense."

Yeah, yeah. You know what I just heard? “Blah blah blah. Blah blah. Blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah.”

I know you gotta say those things, but as far as I’m concerned you can tell it to the hand. Don't forget, no matter how bad anything else was on the team, you sucked last year. I made a guarantee, punk, don't make me look bad. Just make sure you don’t get caught up in all the love festing and forget to score a touchdown in 5 of 6 games or I’ll send Ally and Shelby to whoop your ass.

Tatonka
03-26-2004, 09:42 AM
secretly, you hate bledsoe.

:snicker:

The Spaz
03-26-2004, 09:44 AM
Our team was buit fot the running game we just didn't utilize it.

justasportsfan
03-26-2004, 09:44 AM
I thought Hal was a huge Drew fan too.

BigZ
03-26-2004, 09:47 AM
We will see!!!!!!!!!

Halbert
03-26-2004, 10:00 AM
See, now I know you guys didn't really listen to me (not than anyone does, really). :chuckle:

I have no emotional connection to Drew. I know I'm biased but I'm not a homer.

The reason for my confidence and subsequent guarantee has more to do with what's going on around him than Drew being an elite QB himself. I admit that I used to think Drew could be on par with Kelly, but I abandoned the idea permanently because no matter what if you can’t lead your team to a TD in 5 of 6 games, you are not elite. He’s an above average guy that needs protection and if he gets it he’ll tear you to shreds. Otherwise, well, he implodes.

Frankly, I’d like to see him more humble. Admit that you sucked, Drew. Express a commitment to work your ass off and run through brick walls if you have to. Being confident is one thing, but I’d like to see just a little bit of humility and a touch of uneasiness so that we know you’re not complacent.

So far it just feels like I’ve been here before …

Mr. Cynical
03-26-2004, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Halbert
The reason for my confidence and subsequent guarantee has more to do with what's going on around him than Drew being an elite QB himself. I admit that I used to think Drew could be on par with Kelly, but I abandoned the idea permanently because no matter what if you can’t lead your team to a TD in 5 of 6 games, you are not elite. He’s an above average guy that needs protection and if he gets it he’ll tear you to shreds. Otherwise, well, he implodes.

Totally agree. :up:

Frankly, I’d like to see him more humble. Admit that you sucked, Drew. Express a commitment to work your ass off and run through brick walls if you have to. Being confident is one thing, but I’d like to see just a little bit of humility and a touch of uneasiness so that we know you’re not complacent.

Not sure I agree here. I think he has done a decent job of this. HOWEVER, it still doesn't negate the fact that at $6M+, he should be playing at least 5 million times better. Regardless of heart and soul, winning is what matters. This is a business and TD needs to "Trump" him by saying "You're fired". :D

So far it just feels like I’ve been here before …

Totally agree. :up:

Pride
03-26-2004, 10:35 AM
We have heard the same rhetoric going on 4 years now...

I am sick of it too... but you cant blame the new coaches for it... nor drew...

McBFLO
03-26-2004, 11:21 AM
I'm in on 100% of what you said, but I remain optimistic. I think the new coaching staff is going to make the difference. GW and KB were complete morons last year. I'm suprised KG actually got hired anywhere after what he did here. Drew needs protection? I think McNally finally is going to get the OL on track. If they actually do what they say they're going to do (smash mouth running game/great D), then this really could be a dangerous team.

Mr. Miyagi
03-26-2004, 12:38 PM
I’ll send Ally and Shelby to whoop your ass.
Uh, I'd like that. Can you send them for me? :spank:

shelby
03-26-2004, 12:48 PM
:rofl: Hal...i still haven't kicked log's ass for you.

:couch:

Halbert
03-30-2004, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by shelby
:rofl: Hal...i still haven't kicked log's ass for you.

:couch:
You could do it in two minutes right after breakfast - have your coffee, badaboom-badabing, and you're done.

Dozerdog
03-30-2004, 07:26 AM
You people amaze me.

Go to work- get a half dozen Mirophones shoved in your face. WTF do you expect?

Reporter - Hello Hal- So- how's everthing at the Quickie Mart today?

Hal - Well, felt good out there today- talking to customers- making change...

Reporter - I noticed you dropped two squishies this afternoon, looked like a medium Lemon Lime and an extra large Cherry flavor.

Hal - Yeah- that was unfortunate. The lemon Lime was just a miscommunication between me and the 14 year old. He went left, I thought he was going right, like he did the 7 previous days he came in for a squishie- we will work on that.

Reporter - Looks like you have a new store manager-

Hal - Yeah- and I'm excited. They have plans on enlarging the snack aisle and moving the magazine rack. I'm looking forward to the change......

Now repeat this every day you ever come to work.

BuffaloRanger
03-30-2004, 07:34 AM
That is friggin' funny! Nicely put!

TigerJ
03-30-2004, 07:42 AM
To put in my own two cents. . . I'm not bothered by the comments that came out of the mini-camp. I expect the QB is going to say glowing things about the new system, coach, season, etc. I expect the new coach to say glowing things about the starting QB. I have to assume that behind the comments they have not forgotten about last year.

I'm optimistic about the coming year, but I'm holding back just a bit because like Halbert, I heard it all before. I let myself get excited last year and felt let down, so I'm going to try and be a little more realistic this year and wait until the Bills prove to me that things are different before I let myself get too excited.

Pride
03-30-2004, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
You people amaze me.

Reporter - I noticed you dropped two squishies this afternoon, looked like a medium Lemon Lime and an extra large Cherry flavor.

Hal - Yeah- that was unfortunate. The lemon Lime was just a miscommunication between me and the 14 year old. He went left, I thought he was going right, like he did the 7 previous days he came in for a squishie- we will work on that.

Hal - Yeah- and I'm excited. TYhey have plans on enlarging the snack aisle and moving the magazine rack. I'm looking forward to the change......

:rofl:

Dozer :up:

Halbert
03-30-2004, 02:54 PM
Well when I was hired as Senior Squishy Despensation Engineer I was expected to stabilize this critical element of store operations. But then I went 5 of 6 days where I failed to lead the store to a single Squishy sale. They've recently put the resources around me to support a healthy Squishy marketing environment so I expect things to be much better.

But I have to admit I wasn't on my game and I'll take much of the Squishy failure on my shoulders. Believe me, I'll do whatever I can do to make the Nooner Mart the Squishy champs of the world!

Tatonka
03-30-2004, 03:06 PM
You people amaze me.

Hal - Yeah- and I'm excited. They have plans on enlarging the snack aisle and moving the magazine rack. I'm looking forward to the change......

Well when I was hired as Senior Squishy Despensation Engineer I was expected to stabilize this critical element of store operations. But then I went 5 of 6 days where I failed to lead the store to a single Squishy sale. They've recently put the resources around me to support a healthy Squishy marketing environment so I expect things to be much better.

But I have to admit I wasn't on my game and I'll take much of the Squishy failure on my shoulders. Believe me, I'll do whatever I can do to make the Nooner Mart the Squishy champs of the world!

hillarious!

:lolcry:

Dozerdog
03-30-2004, 03:57 PM
That does it- I'm going over to Broadcastmonsters.com, get my own internet radio show, and beat the Squishie drum until we get a competent Senior Squishy Despensation Engineer .

It's not like this guy was able to sell Squishies when he worked for 10 years over at 7-11. Sure, he had a good year or two- but that was with an all-pro high school gas pumper working the full service pump and that hot blonde operating the register in the lotto line.

What has he done for me lately? And to think we gave up a Natcho cheese dispenser to be named later for this joker. I guess those customers who just stroll in and buy the 64 oz Sodas and 3 hot dogs for a buck are satisfied with mediocrity.

Discuss this on "Thursday Night Squishies" live on Thursday evenings beginning at 8 p.m. at 877-913-9739. The program can be heard live at http://broadcastmonsters.com/BillsReport/billsreport.asx.

http://www.stupidness.net/archives/images/undercoverhomer.jpg

Halbert
03-30-2004, 05:56 PM
Of course they all forget that I came in on my vacation to figure out how to permanently unclog the liquid chili machine - two hours before New Years Eve!

That was a record chilidog sales night. You'd think they'd be grateful, but nooooooooooooooooooo.

Tatonka
03-30-2004, 05:59 PM
That does it- I'm going over to Broadcastmonsters.com, get my own internet radio show, and beat the Squishie drum until we get a competent Senior Squishy Despensation Engineer .

It's not like this guy was able to sell Squishies when he worked for 10 years over at 7-11. Sure, he had a good year or two- but that was with an all-pro high school gas pumper working the full service pump and that hot blonde operating the register in the lotto line.

What has he done for me lately? And to think we gave up a Natcho cheese dispenser to be named later for this joker. I guess those customers who just stroll in and buy the 64 oz Sodas and 3 hot dogs for a buck are satisfied with mediocrity.

Discuss this on "Thursday Night Squishies" live on Thursday evenings beginning at 8 p.m. at 877-913-9739. The program can be heard live at http://broadcastmonsters.com/BillsReport/billsreport.asx.

http://www.stupidness.net/archives/images/undercoverhomer.jpg

Of course they all forget that I came in on my vacation to figure out how to permanently unclog the liquid chili machine - two hours before New Years Eve!

That was a record chilidog sales night. You'd think they'd be grateful, but nooooooooooooooooooo.

now you have both taken it entirely too far.. and it is not funny anymore.

morons.

:jk: :up: :lol: