PDA

View Full Version : What N.F.L rules would you like to change?

BillsFanInMass
03-26-2004, 07:08 PM
If i could change a rule i would make the 10 yard holding penalty to only 5 yard. 10 yards is too much it kills so many drives it makes it almost impossible to get the yardage especially if it happens on 3rd down. Maybe i shouldnt worry about it they just released Reuban Brown:beers:

helmetguy
03-26-2004, 07:53 PM
Make offensive pass interference a loss of down penalty along with the 15 yards. But first, they have to start calling it!

Billsouth
03-26-2004, 09:17 PM
i would allow more celebrations.

The Spaz
03-26-2004, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Billsouth
i would allow more celebrations.

What are you going to do allow them 5 minutes in the endzone to do whatever they want. Celebrations are fine just not BS cellphone calls or pre-planned cell phone calls.

BillsFanInMass
03-27-2004, 11:58 AM
they shouldnt be penalized for a quick dance or spike but involving foreign objects like a cellphone or sharpy should be.

BAM
03-27-2004, 11:59 AM
a pass interference call should be reviewable ... most calls anymore are BS!

Mr. Miyagi
03-27-2004, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by BAM
:bf1:

Mr. Miyagi
03-27-2004, 12:16 PM
I think they should also take the freaking whistles aways from those blow-happy refs. So many times they blow incomplete passes or knee downs dead and can't review it, even if replay clearly shows it's a fumble.

Anyone remember the Ahman Green fumble which Nate ran back 80 yards for a TD, and it DIDN'T COUNT???

:mad:

STAMPY
03-27-2004, 01:34 PM
no instant replay... they still mess up, and it slows game down... ask coach billick

hintexas
03-27-2004, 06:03 PM
I dont care if they change any rules just as long as they call the games the same in the playoffs as they do during the regular season. Defensive holding or pass interference gets called so much less in the playoffs. The Patriots know it and take advantage of it in the playoffs.

OpIv37
03-27-2004, 06:16 PM
I would change the whole way Instant Replay is used. All penalties should be reviewable- also, a coach should be able to call for a replay if a penalty is MISSED. Incomplete pass calls should be reviewable as well.

If they're not going to do those things, they might as well ditch the replay. Even with it, the refs still blow too many calls, and there's no point in having a replay if the most controversial aspects of the game (penalties, incomplete passes) can't be challenged.

The Spaz
03-27-2004, 06:27 PM
I say if you win a challenge you shouldn't lose one of your challenges so if win all 3 of your challenges you keep them all.

Mr. Miyagi
03-27-2004, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
I say if you win a challenge you shouldn't lose one of your challenges so if win all 3 of your challenges you keep them all.
You have only 2. 3 timeouts, 2 challenges.

The Spaz
03-27-2004, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi

You have only 2. 3 timeouts, 2 challenges.

Well whatever I'm just saying if you win your challenge you shouldn't be punished by losing them.

Marino13Phins
03-28-2004, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by BillsFanInMass
If i could change a rule i would make the 10 yard holding penalty to only 5 yard. 10 yards is too much it kills so many drives it makes it almost impossible to get the yardage especially if it happens on 3rd down. Maybe i shouldnt worry about it they just released Reuban Brown:beers:

Not being able to challenge plays blown dead, not being able to challenge some penalties, and fg's (if they were good or not)

Jan Reimers
03-28-2004, 08:21 AM
I hate the pass completion rule that says IF the reciever WOULD have come down with both feet in bounds...

It is a judgment call which depends strictly on a "what if" scenario, and therefore is unreviewable. It is probably the most arbitrary rule in football. If the reciever catches the ball but gets knocked out of bounds before he gets his feet down, it should be ruled no catch.

imbondz
03-28-2004, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by BillsFanInMass

this is a great question! very good post. But I like the holding pentaly at 10 yards.

Originally posted by BAM

100% agree.

Dantheman1280
03-28-2004, 12:04 PM
face mask penalties should be called more because they happen alot!!!

dolfan25
03-28-2004, 07:05 PM
Shorten the playclock to 35 seconds or 30 seconds. Actually increase the number of plays. Also might reduce the number of teams kneeling the ball after the 2 minute warning.