• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mightyspaz
    Short, Furry and Cold
    • Mar 2004

Thrash Update

The Philadelphia Eagles are attempting to trade wide receiver James Thrash to the Buffalo Bills. Thrash led the Eagles with 49 receptions last season but became expendable when the club acquired four-time Pro Bowl wideout Terrell Owens last week. Thrash comes relatively cheap, with salaries of $1.6 million next season and $2 million in 2005. Philadelphia might end up releasing him if it can't trade him.
    That Would be sweet!

Rock On!
    ThE MiGhTy SpAz
    - I remember watching objects fly in my house Jan. 27th 1991 (XXV) as Scott Norwood missed, But I remember holding hands in my living room as Steve Christie scored three points to cap a 35 point comeback victory with Frank Reich at the Helm.
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Well for the right price I am alright with it.

Comment

• saviorbledsoe
      All-Pro Zoner
      • Jul 2003

doesnt he suck????? seriously isnt Shaw better?

Comment

• The Spaz
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by saviorbledsoe
        He has to be better than Coleman or Brown IMO. I think he alsio led the league in punt return average.

Comment

• juice
          • Aug 2003

Originally posted by saviorbledsoe
          Shaw has no deep abilities, Speed or seperation.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Fairway To Green
            • Jul 2002

give them a 7th rounder in next years draft. Otherwise let them cut him and go for him then.

Comment

• The Spaz
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Fairway To Green
              give them a 7th rounder in next years draft. Otherwise let them cut him and go for him then.
              Sounds good to me.

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Fairway To Green
                I agree

Comment

• Demon
                  • Mar 2003

Would Thrash be 2nd or 3rd on the depth chart? I don't think he's better then Josh Reed. And if he gets more playing time then Reed, we are risking developing Reed into anything good for the future. If Thrash comes in as a 3rd WR and move into 2nd if he plays well and Reed stuggles, i'm all for it if it costs us something like a 7th rounder.
                  Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• Michael82
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Demon
                    Would Thrash be 2nd or 3rd on the depth chart? I don't think he's better then Josh Reed. And if he gets more playing time then Reed, we are risking developing Reed into anything good for the future. If Thrash comes in as a 3rd WR and move into 2nd if he plays well and Reed stuggles, i'm all for it if it costs us something like a 7th rounder.
                    Thrash would mainly come here to be the KR, but he would also compete with Bobby Shaw for the #3 receiver spot.

Comment

• Demon
                      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Mikey82

Thrash would mainly come here to be the KR, but he would also compete with Bobby Shaw for the #3 receiver spot.
                      Wasn't he the #1 in Philadelphia last season? I don't think he'd be happy to be fighting Bobby Shaw for #3 but that's just me.
                      Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• The Spaz
                        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Demon

Wasn't he the #1 in Philadelphia last season? I don't think he'd be happy to be fighting Bobby Shaw for #3 but that's just me.
                        Yeah he was the #1 but his numbers didn't dictate that though.

Comment

• TigerJ
                          • Jul 2002

So far it seems like Phillie is dangling the hook but Buffalo isn't biting. I don't think Thrash is such a hot commodity that Buffalo has to jump at him. Wait until Philadelphia cuts him and then offer him a reasonably priced free agent deal. He can be our kick returner and compete to be the third WR. If someone else grabs him, it's not the end of the world.
                          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• thenry20
                            • Jan 2004

What if someone else is dumb/desperate enough to give him more than we can?

I still think we should get a veteran WR who can spell relief for Moulds. Reed is taking his sweet time trying to get this NFL thing down.

But then again we need someone with some speed to soften up defenses. I know we'll get another WR in the draft but those take time to develop. IE, Price and Reed.

Comment

• Bmax
                              • Aug 2003

forget about thrash ..draft reggie williams in rd 1 or devrey henderson in rd 2...henderson the former rb at lsu would be perfect for kr.. 5-11-195- 4.39-40......he needs time to develope so while he 's doing that .. he plays special teams ....if we get thrash i say we cut shaw and save some bucks ...either way coleman and brown may be history this season.....

Bmax

Comment

Working...
                              X