PDA

View Full Version : Thrash Update

mightyspaz
03-26-2004, 08:18 PM
The Philadelphia Eagles are attempting to trade wide receiver James Thrash to the Buffalo Bills. Thrash led the Eagles with 49 receptions last season but became expendable when the club acquired four-time Pro Bowl wideout Terrell Owens last week. Thrash comes relatively cheap, with salaries of $1.6 million next season and $2 million in 2005. Philadelphia might end up releasing him if it can't trade him.

That Would be sweet!

Rock On!

The Spaz
03-26-2004, 08:19 PM
Well for the right price I am alright with it.

saviorbledsoe
03-26-2004, 08:32 PM
doesnt he suck????? seriously isnt Shaw better?

The Spaz
03-26-2004, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by saviorbledsoe

He has to be better than Coleman or Brown IMO. I think he alsio led the league in punt return average.

juice
03-26-2004, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by saviorbledsoe

Shaw has no deep abilities, Speed or seperation.

Novacane
03-26-2004, 08:55 PM
give them a 7th rounder in next years draft. Otherwise let them cut him and go for him then.

The Spaz
03-26-2004, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
give them a 7th rounder in next years draft. Otherwise let them cut him and go for him then.

Sounds good to me.

Michael82
03-26-2004, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green

I agree

Demon
03-26-2004, 09:05 PM
Would Thrash be 2nd or 3rd on the depth chart? I don't think he's better then Josh Reed. And if he gets more playing time then Reed, we are risking developing Reed into anything good for the future. If Thrash comes in as a 3rd WR and move into 2nd if he plays well and Reed stuggles, i'm all for it if it costs us something like a 7th rounder.

Michael82
03-26-2004, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Demon
Would Thrash be 2nd or 3rd on the depth chart? I don't think he's better then Josh Reed. And if he gets more playing time then Reed, we are risking developing Reed into anything good for the future. If Thrash comes in as a 3rd WR and move into 2nd if he plays well and Reed stuggles, i'm all for it if it costs us something like a 7th rounder.

Thrash would mainly come here to be the KR, but he would also compete with Bobby Shaw for the #3 receiver spot. :D

Demon
03-26-2004, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Mikey82

Thrash would mainly come here to be the KR, but he would also compete with Bobby Shaw for the #3 receiver spot. :D

Wasn't he the #1 in Philadelphia last season? I don't think he'd be happy to be fighting Bobby Shaw for #3 but that's just me.

The Spaz
03-26-2004, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Demon

Wasn't he the #1 in Philadelphia last season? I don't think he'd be happy to be fighting Bobby Shaw for #3 but that's just me.

Yeah he was the #1 but his numbers didn't dictate that though.

TigerJ
03-26-2004, 09:57 PM
So far it seems like Phillie is dangling the hook but Buffalo isn't biting. I don't think Thrash is such a hot commodity that Buffalo has to jump at him. Wait until Philadelphia cuts him and then offer him a reasonably priced free agent deal. He can be our kick returner and compete to be the third WR. If someone else grabs him, it's not the end of the world.

thenry20
03-27-2004, 12:19 AM
What if someone else is dumb/desperate enough to give him more than we can?

I still think we should get a veteran WR who can spell relief for Moulds. Reed is taking his sweet time trying to get this NFL thing down.

But then again we need someone with some speed to soften up defenses. I know we'll get another WR in the draft but those take time to develop. IE, Price and Reed.

Bmax
03-27-2004, 12:46 AM
forget about thrash ..draft reggie williams in rd 1 or devrey henderson in rd 2...henderson the former rb at lsu would be perfect for kr.. 5-11-195- 4.39-40......he needs time to develope so while he 's doing that .. he plays special teams ....if we get thrash i say we cut shaw and save some bucks ...either way coleman and brown may be history this season.....

Bmax

BigZ
03-27-2004, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by TigerJ
So far it seems like Phillie is dangling the hook but Buffalo isn't biting. I don't think Thrash is such a hot commodity that Buffalo has to jump at him. Wait until Philadelphia cuts him and then offer him a reasonably priced free agent deal. He can be our kick returner and compete to be the third WR. If someone else grabs him, it's not the end of the world.

When we draft a WR, Thrash will move down on the depth chart if we got him now. He'd be a very good return man but not worth a very high pick - maybe 5th to 7th round.

If we don't trade for him, I think the chances are nil that he'd come here if we're committed to Moulds, Reed and our newly drafted WR.

Go get him now and pay little for him or forget about it.

elltrain22
03-27-2004, 02:24 PM
if we could get him cheap i like it.

RedEyE
03-27-2004, 05:40 PM
The draft is so thick with wide receivers that Thrash isn't going anywhere until well after draft weekend. I don't see TD giving up draft picks for a mediocre WR when he has the possibilty of using draft picks to obtain a young WR that can be molded into the Bills offensive scheme.

Mr. Miyagi
03-27-2004, 07:07 PM
Why does anyone even want him?? Let him go to the Dolphins to stink them up. He sucks.

Tatonka
03-28-2004, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
He has to be better than Coleman or Brown IMO. I think he alsio led the league in punt return average.

for 1.5 and 2 million.. he better be better than alot of receivers.. darrel jackson ended up being a 2.5 to 3 million dollar guy.. and thrash isnt even in the same ball park.

Originally posted by juice
Shaw has no deep abilities, Speed or seperation.

that is so completely incorrect.. no speed or seperation?

he seemed to seperate for about 800 yards last year with a garbage qb and a no moulds for much of the year

Originally posted by Mikey82

trading for him is a bad idea, imho.. he costs too much money for a 3rd or 4th wr.. the 3rd or 4th guy should not make more than 1 mill tops.

Tatonka
03-28-2004, 04:53 PM
not on a run first team like buffalo plans on being.

The Spaz
03-28-2004, 04:54 PM
for 1.5 and 2 million.. he better be better than alot of receivers.. darrel jackson ended up being a 2.5 to 3 million dollar guy.. and thrash isnt even in the same ball park.

Who said he was?

Tatonka
03-28-2004, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
Who said he was?

his contract says his is... 1.5 and 2 million is TOO much for a possible 3rd or 4th wr.

mightyspaz
03-28-2004, 05:50 PM
I thin he's great if he Comes cheap but he is not neccisary. He's worth having for 5ht or 7th round pick ... However, if we don't pick him up ... We workin' on Antonio Brown whose still young. and Josh Reed had the same sophmore slump that Moulds had .... He could really come out and supporsie the crap out of everybody this year ... But, I would love to have some speed to take some pressure off of moulds!

B-DON
03-28-2004, 06:18 PM
i cant believe people want thrash he is garbage

Tatonka
03-28-2004, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by B-DON
i cant believe people want thrash he is garbage

but dez white would be our number 2?

come on bdon... thrash is at least better than dez white.

The Spaz
03-28-2004, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka

his contract says his is... 1.5 and 2 million is TOO much for a possible 3rd or 4th wr.

Well that might be but I don't!:biggrin:

Mr. Miyagi
03-28-2004, 08:20 PM
come on bdon... thrash is at least better than dez white.
Once and for all people, Thrash and Dez White both suck. Stick with Moulds/Shaw/Reed/1-2nd rounder and we're all better off.

Tatonka
03-28-2004, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
Once and for all people, Thrash and Dez White both suck. Stick with Moulds/Shaw/Reed/1-2nd rounder and we're all better off.

i agree with that for the most part.. but i would take thrash to replace brown on our roster.. for vet min.. that would be a big upgrade..

Dozerdog
03-28-2004, 10:27 PM
i agree with that for the most part.. but i would take thrash to replace brown on our roster.. for vet min.. that would be a big upgrade..

I'd only want Thrash in here on a similar deal as Charles Johnson, Olandis Gary and Richard Huntley. Vets that don't cost much who push the others and provide stiff competition in camp.

I won't give up a single 2004 draft pick for him- and I'd consider a 2005 pick (if it was conditional )

TKO
03-30-2004, 11:40 AM
Bringing back a familiar face and strengthening an already relatively deep position, the Washington Redskins have reached an agreement in principle to acquire veteran wide receiver James Thrash from the Philadelphia Eagles for a 2005 draft choice, ESPN.com has learned.

The deal, struck late Monday, is likely to be announced on Tuesday. In exchange for Thrash, the Eagles will receive a fifth-round pick in the 2005 draft, sources confirmed.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1771609