X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hintexas
    • Mar 2003

The Draft I would Like

Picking the correct position in the correct round I think is very important and thats why I hope the Bills choose in this order.

In the first round I think the Bills can take care of the 2nd wide receiver with any of the 3 Williams. (I like Roy the most, Mike then Reggie)
    In the second round I think Free Safety and either Sean Jones or Matt Ware will be available
    the 3rd round offensive line Dorsey, Hall, Starks, Pape, Grove, Joseph, Snee, Smiley, Peterman or Ricker (whoever is still left out of that group, I think at one of them will be)
    the 4th round QB Smoker, Navarre, Schaub, Harris, Pickett, Lorenzen (in that order whoever is left)
    5th round FB Tapeh, Pierce, Wilson, Flemming, Jackson, Karney, Polite, Davis, Johnson or Easlick
    6th round Kiker Kaeding, Vliniemi, Scobee, Smith or Setta
    7th round whoever is left with any talent

Its a deep draft and I think the Bills can get great players that will make the team a lot stronger if they draft the correct position in the correct round. They will also need to get some luck on who everyone else doesn't take.
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

so with your first two picks, your basically saying you have no faith in josh reed or coy wire, and that we wasted our 2nd and 3rd round picks of 2002?
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• gonzo1105
      • Jul 2002

No i think he means that Reed is better suited in the slot and we need a down the field playmaker. Also a FS could step in and start right away or take over for Wire when Milloy retires and Wire moves back to SS

Comment

• mypoorfriendme
        • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
        so with your first two picks, your basically saying you have no faith in josh reed or coy wire, and that we wasted our 2nd and 3rd round picks of 2002?
        and if you want to argue that, are you just saying you have no faith in chris kelsay or ryan denney and that we waster our second pick of 2003, and second of 2002?

you cant say yes to a DE and no to a WR or DB
        the dude abides

Comment

• casdhf
          • Jul 2002

Why just give the job to a guy that has never played FS? At least bring in someone who know the position. I wouldnt think drafting a FS would be a waste of a pick. Everyone is screaming for Taylor to fall to us.
          Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
          cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• SABURZFAN
            short bus extraordinaire
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by casdhf

Why just give the job to a guy that has never played FS? At least bring in someone who know the position. I wouldnt think drafting a FS would be a waste of a pick. Everyone is screaming for Taylor to fall to us.
            taylor would start from Day 1 too.if i can get a 1st rounder who can do that every year,i'd be happy.i like s.jones too.he's another FS who could start for this team.
            Originally posted by yordad
            Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Devin
              The Octagon
              • Apr 2003

what the hell now we are after a safety?

People go on about not drafting rivers cause he wont make an impact now we should draft a safety?

ermmmm right.

How about: 1st: Rivers/Ben - QB
              2nd: Evans/Clayton/Woods - WR
              3rd: Peters TE
              4th: OL depth
              http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• hintexas
                • Mar 2003

I think a lot of the quarterbacks that may be available in the 4th round would be fantastic picks. But I think the Bills should take care of starting positions first and Roy Williams and Sean Jones would both be great starters. The fourth round is a good round to pick up a future quarterback for the future especially when I see people comparing one of them to Steve McNair

Comment

• hintexas
                  • Mar 2003

Also I like Coy Wire very much at his position but I will belive that he is good at another position when I see it. So if their are doubts yes I think we should draft a Free Safety especially if ione as good as Sean Jones is available

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                    Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                    • Mar 2003

Even though Sean Jones wud be a great alternative to Taylor, w/ great talents in other secondary posistions (Milloy, Vincent, Clements) we could do w/ a average to good FS. (Wire, or PP) Therefore, I'd take Wilfork in the first, than Evan/Clayton/Woods in the 2nd. But if Taylor did indeed fall to us, I'd grab him in a second.
                    "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                    -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Wire is a SS not FS, and he doesnt have the hands I would want (at this time) to play FS. Gotta draft Taylor, Jones, or Williams IMO.
                      COMING SOON...
                      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• cordog
                        eat, drink, and be merry
                        • Apr 2003

In 2-3 years Moulds will most likely be on the downslope of his career. Why not get someone now that can be ready to step in as a #1 and a deep threat when Moulds wont be able to. In my opinion its not really about J. Reed, its about having an aging #1 wideout.

Comment

• BuffaloRanger
                          WORK HARD. PLAY HARD. LIVE HARD.
                          • Mar 2003

Jones won't be there in the second - 1st rd pick.

Grove won't be there in the 3rd - 1st rd pick also.
                          Buffalo Only and Always.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                            short bus extraordinaire
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Devin
                            what the hell now we are after a safety?

People go on about not drafting rivers cause he wont make an impact now we should draft a safety?

ermmmm right.

How about: 1st: Rivers/Ben - QB
                            2nd: Evans/Clayton/Woods - WR
                            3rd: Peters TE
                            4th: OL depth
                            ben-yes.rivers-no
                            maybe but i'd look at DL
                            peters in the 3rd??i picture him the j.nails of TE's.4th or 5th round...maybe
                            if we draft peters in the 3rd,why draft an OL?peters will eat himself into the Center spot.
                            Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                              short bus extraordinaire
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                              Wire is a SS not FS, and he doesnt have the hands I would want (at this time) to play FS. Gotta draft Taylor, Jones, or Williams IMO.
                              i wouldn't mind if we trade down and get s.jones.that's if taylor is gone before our pick.

Comment

Working...
                              X