PDA

View Full Version : I just did my part for the economy!



German
03-27-2004, 06:00 PM
2004 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer, fully loaded.
This thing has everything but a coffee maker or a toilet..:usa:

shelby
03-27-2004, 06:01 PM
Nice!!!!

:up:

Michael82
03-27-2004, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by German
2004 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer, fully loaded.
This thing has everything but a coffee maker or a toilet..:usa:

Wait until you put the gas in that! :snicker:

I'm going to help the Asian countries soon, when I buy my new car. I'm looking at a Honda, Toyota, or a Hyundai. :D

Cntrygal
03-27-2004, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by German
2004 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer, fully loaded.
This thing has everything but a coffee maker or a toilet..:usa:


Nice!!! :)

German
03-27-2004, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Mikey82


Wait until you put the gas in that! :snicker:

I'm going to help the Asian countries soon, when I buy my new car. I'm looking at a Honda, Toyota, or a Hyundai. :D

I hera ya Mike, especially with that big old 5.4 liter engine that beast has.
New age american muscle, baby.:punk:

Have fun with that rice cooker.;)

Michael82
03-27-2004, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by German
I hera ya Mike, especially with that big old 5.4 liter engine that beast has.
New age american muscle, baby.:punk:

Have fun with that rice cooker.;)

rice cooker? LOL I'm looking at a Honda Accord or a Toyota Camry, but not sure yet. I gotta save some money and get my credit cards taken care of first. My parents said they will co-sign a loan with me as long as I get my credit cards emptied first. I figure it will be either June or July when I get a new car. :D

BAM
03-27-2004, 06:18 PM
go with Nissan Mikey, they'll outlast most anything :up:

Michael82
03-27-2004, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by BAM
go with Nissan Mikey, they'll outlast most anything :up:

I was thinking about that too. I need a car that lasts a long time, without putting much money into it and also I need a lot of leg room, because I am 6'4. :D

BAM
03-27-2004, 06:26 PM
BTW nice ride German :up:

Cntrygal
03-27-2004, 06:27 PM
I'd rather hear more about German's new vehicle than a toy car.






:D

BAM
03-27-2004, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Mikey82


I need a car that lasts a long time, without putting much money into it

I have two Nissans... a Sentra and an Xterra. My Sentra has 206,000 miles on it and literally no problems at all :up:

My Xterra has 40,000 so it'll be around for a lonnnng time :up:

Michael82
03-27-2004, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by BAM
I have two Nissans... a Sentra and an Xterra. My Sentra has 206,000 miles on it and literally no problems at all :up:

My Xterra has 40,000 so it'll be around for a lonnnng time :up:

How much leg room do they have? I'm looking for a big car with a lot of room. Although, anything is better than the little clown car I have right now. My legs are against the steering wheel in that.

BAM
03-27-2004, 06:36 PM
Xterra has more than enough... can't say much for the Sentra though... heheh

German
03-27-2004, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Cntrygal
I'd rather hear more about German's new vehicle than a toy car.
:D

:rofl: Beige leather interior, heated seats, power foldable 3rd row seating. This thing is a daddy's dream (or nightmare, depending on your point of view).

I do understand Mikey and BAM though. Ecomomic, reliable vehicles. And BAM is right, the Nissans are damn good cars. Especially the Maximas. I used to work on them and have to admit that they are awesome.

I'd rather buy a German car before I'd buy a japanese one though (unless it's manufatured in this country).
Gotta make sure the money goes were it does good.

Michael82
03-27-2004, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by BAM
Xterra has more than enough... can't say much for the Sentra though... heheh

Yeah, the Sentra sounds like the Toyota Corolla that I was looking at. They are small too.

Michael82
03-27-2004, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by German
:rofl: Beige leather interior, heated seats, power foldable 3rd row seating. This thing is a daddy's dream (or nightmare, depending on your point of view).

I do understand Mikey and BAM though. Ecomomic, reliable vehicles. And BAM is right, the Nissans are damn good cars. Especially the Maximas. I used to work on them and have to admit that they are awesome.

I'd rather buy a German car before I'd buy a japanese one though (unless it's manufatured in this country).
Gotta make sure the money goes were it does good.

It sounds like a sweet looking Ford! It would've been better if it had that coffee maker tho. :snicker: Does it have a sun roof? Moon roof? CD player? GPS?

BTW...Toyotas are manufactured here now. :D

Cntrygal
03-27-2004, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by German
:rofl: Beige leather interior, heated seats, power foldable 3rd row seating. This thing is a daddy's dream (or nightmare, depending on your point of view).

I do understand Mikey and BAM though. blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah
blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah
blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah
blahblahblahblahblah. :D

I'd rather buy a German car before I'd buy a japanese one though (unless it's manufatured in this country).
Gotta make sure the money goes were it does good.

Heated seats.... the next truck I'll buy will have the heated seats (esp if I'm still in SD).

Automatic/Standard (4 speed/5 speed)? 5.4 litre...That's a V8 - right? 350??

Gunzlingr
03-27-2004, 06:54 PM
Pimpin' ride German! :up: I have a blue one, Eddie Bauer, Rear DVD, the works. Rides nicer than any car I have ever driven. I am planning on trading my F150 supercrew for a pimped out Taurus in the next month or so. I need at least 1 vehicle that does good on gas.

I love the new Taurus. The one I am getting is Dark Grey, with sunroof, 6 disc changer, leather, the 3 L Duratec. I can't belive the room. I set the seat all the way back, then sat in the back seat and was comfortable (a must since I am 6'4"). HuGE trunk. Rides sweet.

Gunzlingr
03-27-2004, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Cntrygal
Heated seats.... the next truck I'll buy will have the heated seats (esp if I'm still in SD).

Automatic/Standard (4 speed/5 speed)? 5.4 litre...That's a V8 - right? 350??

351 cubic inches. Electronic 5 speed auto. I don't have heated seats, but that is all mine it doesnt have. Much roomier than a Suburban or Yukon (seating wise anyway)

German
03-27-2004, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Mikey82


It sounds like a sweet looking Ford! It would've been better if it had that coffee maker tho. :snicker: Does it have a sun roof? Moon roof? CD player? GPS?

BTW...Toyotas are manufactured here now. :D

It's got the moon roof, 6-disk in dash CD changer, all the controls on the (leather wrapped) steering wheel.
No GPS though and I really didn't want that either. Too much distraction for me (or my wife).

Are all the Toyotas manufactured here now? I really don't know. It's been a while since I got out of the (japanese) market.
Last I heard was that they wanted to build a plant down here in SC (right next to BMW) but that never happened. That was about 3 years ago.
I know they are making the Corolla somewhere in this country though.

Gunzlingr
03-27-2004, 06:58 PM
Is that in dash changer sweet or what?

German
03-27-2004, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Gunzlingr
Pimpin' ride German! :up: I have a blue one, Eddie Bauer, Rear DVD, the works. Rides nicer than any car I have ever driven. I am planning on trading my F150 supercrew for a pimped out Taurus in the next month or so. I need at least 1 vehicle that does good on gas.

I love the new Taurus. The one I am getting is Dark Grey, with sunroof, 6 disc changer, leather, the 3 L Duratec. I can't belive the room. I set the seat all the way back, then sat in the back seat and was comfortable (a must since I am 6'4"). HuGE trunk. Rides sweet.

Thanks gunz. Too bad it's going to be my wifes ride.
I'm still riding around in that old Jepp Cherokee with almost 200.000 miles on it. Well, at least the kids are safe, right?
Ah, all the things I do for my family.

German
03-27-2004, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Gunzlingr
Is that in dash changer sweet or what?

Don't know yet (still gotta read that owner's manual). :baghead:

Michael82
03-27-2004, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by German
It's got the moon roof, 6-disk in dash CD changer, all the controls on the (leather wrapped) steering wheel.
No GPS though and I really didn't want that either. Too much distraction for me (or my wife).

Are all the Toyotas manufactured here now? I really don't know. It's been a while since I got out of the (japanese) market.
Last I heard was that they wanted to build a plant down here in SC (right next to BMW) but that never happened. That was about 3 years ago.
I know they are making the Corolla somewhere in this country though.

Damn that sounds like a VERY sweet ride. It definitely has a lot of extras. :up:

I just found this about Toyotas...

http://www.toyota.com/about/operations/manufacturing/

German
03-27-2004, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Mikey82


Damn that sounds like a VERY sweet ride. It definitely has a lot of extras. :up:

I just found this about Toyotas...

http://www.toyota.com/about/operations/manufacturing/


:up: Thanks for the info Mikey.

Cntrygal
03-27-2004, 07:39 PM
Are you ignoring my questions, German? :(

justasportsfan
03-27-2004, 07:40 PM
Mikey, go for a Nissan. They outperform the toyota's w/o the expenses of a Honda. Take it from someone who grew up in a country that know Japanese cars.

Maxima, sporty but not all that when it comes to gas.

Altima- okay but still eats more gas.

Sentra, even in the US is known for reliability and great gas mileage.

I would take a Sentra, 1995-up

Michael82
03-27-2004, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by German
:up: Thanks for the info Mikey.

No problem. :D

Mr. Miyagi
03-27-2004, 08:25 PM
German buying an American. What has this world come to? :shakeno:

German
03-29-2004, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Cntrygal
Are you ignoring my questions, German? :(

Sorry, thought somebody already answered it.
It's got a 4-speed automatic with a 330 V8.
It's 4x4 and even has that backup sensing system (I hit a mailbox with the old one, so I really wanted that feature).

Gunz, that in-dash CD changer is totally kewl.

Gunzlingr
03-29-2004, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by German

Gunz, that in-dash CD changer is totally kewl.

Oh, yeah :punk:

03-29-2004, 09:55 AM
Mikee, I've rented a 2004 Corolla a couple times & had no leg room problems. They're amazingly good on gas too.

Valerie
03-29-2004, 10:09 AM
Nice truck, German!:up:

Some of the new cars out now not only have heated seats, but seats that cool too, for those hot summer days!!!!! I wish my car had those kinds of seats. :( My next car will though! :D

mybills
03-29-2004, 10:10 AM
Hey German, I wonder which will get better gas mileage..your Eddie or the Eldorado I'm buying? :snicker:

Cntrygal
03-29-2004, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by German
Sorry, thought somebody already answered it.
It's got a 4-speed automatic with a 330 V8.
It's 4x4 and even has that backup sensing system (I hit a mailbox with the old one, so I really wanted that feature).

Gunz, that in-dash CD changer is totally kewl.

Thanks! ;)

honey
03-29-2004, 06:53 PM
Very nice, German!!! I like the color, too! :up:

ArcticWildMan
03-29-2004, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by German


Sorry, thought somebody already answered it.
It's got a 4-speed automatic with a 330 V8.
It's 4x4 and even has that backup sensing system




Anybody seen Eb? :snicker:

Bufftp
03-29-2004, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by ArcticWildMan




Anybody seen Eb? :snicker:

:couch: <<< German

German
03-30-2004, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by Bufftp


:couch: &lt;&lt;&lt; German

:brace:

Marino13Phins
03-30-2004, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by BAM
go with Nissan Mikey, they'll outlast most anything :up:

True story, I have a nissan frontier, it's AWESOME!

justasportsfan
03-30-2004, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Williams34Phins


True story, I have a nissan frontier, it's AWESOME! I'd take that over any FordF series. Have you seen the snorkel's for those Frontier's? :up:

Marino13Phins
03-30-2004, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
I'd take that over any FordF series. Have you seen the snorkel's for those Frontier's? :up:

Your telling me.... i looked at the f-series first, but didn't want a v8. I love my frontier though, gotta raise it up and put some big old mud tires on it for the winter, and roll around on thug 20's in the summer haha.