PDA

View Full Version : Like Ive posted before....

WCoastFin
10-17-2002, 11:56 AM
I think the Bills offense is sooo predictable......and they can easily be shut down.......I mean the only weapon they have are 3 WRs....so I think we should play zone and let JT handle the rest.....sure you can say T.Henry can sometimes make a play here or there but all you have to do is catch him up and...'PoP'...out comes the ball.....On the other hand you guys say well we'll put 8 in the box becuz its going to be Ricky all day....are you sure about that? we can go to McMcheal or even having Konrad in the backfield makes the Bills have to wonder whos its going to, thus leaving some room for our WRs to go 1on 1 with your CBs....this will be very intersting indeed ...especially now that we have sort of handicapped it for you guys to try and put up a fight. :2guns:

Lori
10-17-2002, 12:14 PM
Huh? Predictable? In the Chicago game (just for example), Bledsoe threw to EIGHT different players.
Last year, I could sit in the stands and call the plays before the snap. This year, with Gilbride, I've been wrong more often than right.

And if they can be "easily shut down", how come nobody's done it yet?

Likewise, I'll take my chances with Ward/McKnight/KonradMcMichael, rather than with Chambers/Gadsden/Konrad/McMichael.
Nope, the only problem I see here is the Fins are finally starting the QB who should have been playing all along. That worries me.

Judge
10-17-2002, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by WCoastFin
I think the Bills offense is sooo predictable......and they can easily be shut down.......I mean the only weapon they have are 3 WRs....

Who cares about predictability? What matters is execution. The Dolphins can know all day long that Bledsoe will throw- if the o-line provides protection, Bledsoe does his reads, and WR's execute their pass routes, the Bills will succeed.

Being "surprising" or "unpredictable" is a very overrated thing. All that matters is preparation and execution.

WCoastFin
10-17-2002, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Judge

Who cares about predictability? What matters is execution. The Dolphins can know all day long that Bledsoe will throw- if the o-line provides protection, Bledsoe does his reads, and WR's execute their pass routes, the Bills will succeed.

Being "surprising" or "unpredictable" is a very overrated thing. All that matters is preparation and execution.

youve got a point there judge...execution is the keyword...I agree But you have to remember Bledsoe will be playing against 2 guys better than P.Buchanon....you just better hope he reads them better!

Shiny Chicken
10-17-2002, 01:01 PM
You also mustn't forget, Moulds has a history of burning Dolphins CB's...

WG
10-17-2002, 01:04 PM
It is true however that no one has shut us down yet although Denver held us to 23. Miami's D is on the magnitude of Denver's.

Judge has it partially right. Where I differ is that we will have to get Henry going. There is no way on earth that we're gonna win this game w/o Henry, or whomever, running the ball at least some. We don't need 100 yards. But we do need a presence that forces the Phins to think that we can run the ball effectively on most plays.

Without that, yes, the Phins will T-off on our passing game and get the best of us. We need the balance!

DraftBoy
10-17-2002, 03:14 PM
I disagree, the point of weakness on the Miami D is deep at their S. To try and run on them will be futile, with JT and ZT patroling it will be a long day, we should develop the pass early and make Miami go to zone D. The try and run the ball. Bledsoe will be happy to sit back and throw all day long. thats what we need, all we need is for Henry to pickup the 2-3 yarders for first downs and on the goaline situations. Plus we must get Centers involved in the passing game.