PDA

View Full Version : Women's/Girls Hockey

Ð
10-17-2002, 11:59 AM
We're in a small town, North Bay, Ont. (pop 56,000), and have to compete against ringette (the sport was invented in North Bay) so we don't yet have the critical mass to put together an all-girls hockey league yet. It's encouraging that at the younger levels, enrollment in girls hockey in North Bay is increasing @ 50% a year, but in the meantime, my daughter still has to play in the boys league. Are they competitive...no, but the only way to get them competitive is to put them into game situations and have them practice as much as the boys.

I'm coaching my daughter's novice (7-8 yrs old) team this year & am interested in hearing from other folks who may be involved in girls minor hockey. Is there anyone out there in BFZ land that's involved?

Jill the Thrill
10-17-2002, 12:03 PM
I dated a hockey team. Does that count? :D

Ð
10-17-2002, 12:04 PM
Now I remember you! I thought you sounded familiar :D

Jill the Thrill
10-17-2002, 12:06 PM
Why do you think they call me the 'thrill'? lol!!

Ð
10-17-2002, 12:07 PM
I thought they named you after purple gum that tastes like soap :D

Jill the Thrill
10-17-2002, 12:09 PM
maybe they did! That stuff does taste like soap, and I am clee-eean! lol!

BironsGirl43
10-17-2002, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Jill the Thrill
I dated a hockey team. Does that count? :D

You've dated an ENTIRE team? or just a player? lol..

Anyway no I don't play or watch girls hockey.. sorry BD!

I went up to Muskoka in August.. that's sorta near North Bay and it was nice.. isn't Nipissing University in North Bay? :fiedler:

Jill the Thrill
10-17-2002, 03:06 PM
Let's just say I'm pretty popular with some of the Oshawa Generals! (You probably have no idea who they are though!) What can I say, I like hockey players! lol!!!

Ð
10-17-2002, 03:06 PM
Yep, Nipissing U is here.

BironsGirl43
10-17-2002, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Jill the Thrill
Let's just say I'm pretty popular with some of the Oshawa Generals! (You probably have no idea who they are though!) What can I say, I like hockey players! lol!!!

Yeah I'm familiar with them.. and I know that they are a DIRTY team! ewwwww... blah..... I like Belleville and Erie.. they are talented and not disgusting slobs.. you could do much better.. hockey players don't make good boyfriends anyway!

That's cool BD! thanks.....

Ð
10-17-2002, 03:14 PM
I grew up in Oshawa. What bar do the puck bunnies hang out in now? Used to be copperfields or what was that one in the kendalwood plaza, koo koo banannas or something?

BironsGirl43
10-17-2002, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by BigDoug
I grew up in Oshawa. What bar do the puck bunnies hang out in now? Used to be copperfields or what was that one in the kendalwood plaza, koo koo banannas or something?

Ask Jill the Thrill......... lol......:10:

Jill the Thrill
10-17-2002, 03:37 PM
I like the the crow's Nest, Atria, Mickey Finn's, Top Shelf, The Corral (any where on Simcoe St.!), but often we party at someone's house after the game!

Ð
10-17-2002, 04:16 PM
Are you in the north end? I lived at Ritson & Rossland and went to O'Neil