PDA

View Full Version : Any interest in Northcutt?

ryjam282
03-28-2004, 10:37 PM
I saw on KFFL that he was able to seek a trade from other teams, I would think that the Bills would be more interested in him then James Thrash. I mean, I know he would come at a little more of a price then Thrash but not much more right? Should the Bills even be entertaining the thought of looking at him? THOUGHTS PLEASE. :movie:

bdogg
03-28-2004, 11:12 PM
I was thinking the same thing, we should really consider this guy. He has great speed, and he makes plays downfield,and thats what we are looking for I think!

DraftBoy
03-28-2004, 11:15 PM
What plays does he make downfield? Hes had very avg numbers as both a receiver and PR hes of no use and would prolly be a 4th WR on a team who needs a #2

Tatonka
03-29-2004, 12:25 AM
i personally like northcutt.. he is a guy that could be used much in the same way that randle el was in pitt...

Tatonka
03-29-2004, 12:26 AM
and draftboy, i think you are being hard on him.. it is not like he has had anyone throwing to him..

quincy morgan is a damn good receiver too, who has crap numbers.. because of the horid qb situation.

DraftBoy
03-29-2004, 12:28 AM
I dont think im being too hard on him, he has been an undercheiver since he was drafted out of Arizona. Hes got the speed and the tools but cant put it all together, plus he looking for a pay day since hes trying to make a trade to get a new deal since thats what he wanted in the 1st place.

mightyspaz
03-29-2004, 12:41 AM
I agree with tatonka. I was actually about to post a thread about northcutt being available. I like him. I think he's a proven veteran, who definatly has big play capability and even with the crappy qb situation Cleveland had. I would go as far as to say give up a late 2004 pick for him or even one of our younger guys and a pick for next year and then Draft Will Smith first round.

Just outta curiousity what are the chances of Windlsow lasting untill 13?

B-DON
03-29-2004, 01:41 AM
nadda none zilch

B-DON
03-29-2004, 05:22 AM
The Ravens are interested in Browns WR Dennis Northcutt, a shoulda/woulda/coulda free agent, but they're not willing to give up a high draft choice to get him.

RedEyE
03-29-2004, 12:04 PM
I've been screaming for Northcutt since the end of last year. While The Browns were playing teter-totter with their QB's, they were sitting on one of the best receiving squads in the league. They basicaly tied 'em all and wasted the talent rather than utilizing it. Northcutt has obvious speed, but without a solid QB he hasn't had the opportunity to show his downfield speed. Plus he was splitting time with several other decent WRs. He loves going inside and the Browns used him every chance they could around the goal line which insinuates that Northcutt's hands are like glue. "Money" nearly everytime in scoring position. With a decent QB and an oustanding WR (AKA Moulds) complimenting him on the otherside of the field, Dennis could put up Peerless like #s. Josh Reed pushing his way as #3 across the middle. Northcutt could open the passing game back up for this team.

However, I also do not see the Bills focusing too hard on the pass this year such as they did in past seasons. Finally, I think we're in for a treat, as Henry and McGahee grind it downfield for the endzone, taking pressure off Drew and opening the long ball for Eric on occassions. In that respect, Northcutt might not fit into this equation.

Ebenezer
03-29-2004, 12:09 PM
I'd take him. He is better than all the WR on the roster except Moulds. Let him, Shaw and Reed battle it out for 2 and 3. I'd feel more comfortable with him than with Brown, Aiken or any of the other wannabes on the roster.

DraftBoy
03-29-2004, 12:25 PM
If the price is right bring him in but im not so sure how good he will be but ill say hes got the tools but so do alot of other players hes just got to put it all together.

IHateTheDullphins
03-29-2004, 01:33 PM
I like Northcutt, and always have. He'd fit in nicely here.:up: