X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ickybaluky
    • Jul 2003

Ruben Brown interest picking up...

Ruben Brown has visited the Bears and Lions, and those two teams are both after him. The Patriots are also rumored to be showing interest, although he hasn't yet visited New England. It is believed Brown will decide on a new team, possibly as soon as later this week.

This Article:

Sun-Times

Reads:

"The Bears also offered a three-year contract to guard Ruben Brown, an eight-time Pro Bowl player who was released by the Bills in a cost-cutting move... Brown is likely to take the Bears' offer and compare it to any other deals he receives. The team took a similar tack with free-agent offensive tackle Ephraim Salaam, who turned down an offer from the Bears and signed with the Jaguars. Brown is still talking to the Lions and Patriots."
    Last edited by Ickybaluky; 03-30-2004, 06:00 AM.
  • ryjam282
    Offical Billszone Starting QB
    • Mar 2003

Great, I can't wait till we play him and I can watch....HOLDING, 79 OFFENSE, 10 YARDS.....and FALSE START, 79 OFFENSE, 5 YARDS.... and I won't even have to be mad anymore. I can't wait.

Ryan Withey
    Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Ebenezer
      Give me a minute...
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ryjam282
      Great, I can't wait till we play him and I can watch....HOLDING, 79 OFFENSE, 10 YARDS.....and FALSE START, 79 OFFENSE, 5 YARDS.... and I won't even have to be mad anymore. I can't wait.
      he goes to a team with a winning record and you'll be hearing...9 time all-pro and future hall of famer...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• ryjam282
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Ebenezer

he goes to a team with a winning record and you'll be hearing...9 time all-pro and future hall of famer...

I know right, Good point.

Ryan Withey

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

future hall of famer?
          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
            future hall of famer?
            add a SB ring and he's a lock.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• elltrain22
              • Sep 2003

Rueben Brown is not a hall of famer to me, but he has been a very good player in the league.
              If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

Just get him out of the AFC.
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• ryjam282
                  • Mar 2003

He could be a Hall of Famer, with 9 probowls...I don't think he deserved a good portion of those but he did get them.

Ryan Withey

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Goobylal
                    • Jan 2004

If he goes to the Pats, I guarantee he won't ever get another penalty called against him. But he'll still allow his 7-8 sacks a year.

Comment

• Goobylal
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Miami Vice Losers

We like ex-Buffalo players to sign and be good...
                      As they say, you can't teach an old dog new tricks. If McNally felt that RB was worth keeping, they would have had him take a paycut and done so.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                        Give me a minute...
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Goobylal
                        As they say, you can't teach an old dog new tricks. If McNally felt that RB was worth keeping, they would have had him take a paycut and done so.
                        rumor is that the pay cut was bigger than RB wanted to give up.

Comment

• juice
                          • Aug 2003

rumor is that the pay cut was bigger than RB wanted to give up.
                          How do you justify asking an 8x Pro Bowler and your best lineman to take a paycut.. they effectivly ran RB out of Buffalo.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Ebenezer
                            Give me a minute...
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by juice
                            How do you justify asking an 8x Pro Bowler and your best lineman to take a paycut.
                            very easily:

"Mr. Brown, we, as an organization, are honored to have your 8 Pro-Bowls and leadership on our team. We think with a SB ring on your finger you are a lock for the HOF. However, your skills are declining and you were signed by a previous organization. We value your contribution and look forward to many years of you in a Bills uniform and playing for your adopted home town. However, to win a Super Bowl we need to add several players to this line up and we need contributions from every angle. Therefore, we would like you to take a __% pay cut to help us make this possible before you are too old to win a Super Bowl."

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                              Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

add a SB ring and he's a lock.
                              Not with Chicago he won't add a SB ring.

Comment

Working...
                              X