X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clumping platelets
    • Jun 2024

Bills add DT Oliver Gibson

The Buffalo Bills will add some experienced depth to their defensive line this week.
    The team has agreed to terms of a contract with defensive tackle Oliver Gibson, a nine-year veteran from the Cincinnati Bengals. He is expected to sign the deal in the next couple of days.

Decent move to add more experience to the DL. The defense suffers when either Sam Adams or Pat Williams are out of the game. Hopefully, this can help. This also means that Bannan and Edwards are battling for the #4 DT
  • elltrain22
    • Sep 2003

can this guy play. I for one, do not know that much about him.
    If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

good find.. but i cant say that this signing makes ANY sense at all..

so let me get this straight.. we are worried about the 30 and 31 year old DTs that we have on the roster being old.. so we sign one that is 32.. who could potentially cost us some of our youth in bannan, sape, edwards, or any rookie that we draft..

"All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• ryjam282
        Offical Billszone Starting QB
        • Mar 2003

Me neither....Help us out here Tatonka or someone....Is he at least halfway decent? He's kinda old right?

Ryan Withey
        Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Ebenezer
          Give me a minute...
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
          good find.. but i cant say that this signing makes ANY sense at all..

so let me get this straight.. we are worried about the 30 and 31 year old DTs that we have on the roster being old.. so we sign one that is 32.. who could potentially cost us some of our youth in bannan, sape, edwards, or any rookie that we draft..

let's have that argument if he makes the team...at this time of the year I want as much depth as possible...instead of the training camp fodder that is signed at $230K I'll take a roster full of guys like Gibson...remember that only the top 51 count against the cap right now...If I were a GM I would have very few of the $230K guys on the roster.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• TedMock
            • Jul 2002

Training camp competition. He may be gone by the time the season starts. We always sign a few of these guys in the offseason and more often than not they're released.

Comment

• ryjam282
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by TedMock
              Training camp competition. He may be gone by the time the season starts. We always sign a few of these guys in the offseason and more often than not they're released.

Yeah, like we did with James Jett last year

Ryan Withey

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

good points..

i will be disappointed if this guy costs us a young guy though.
                "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Hes a decent DT though and if he makes the team he could make some noise this season. Maybe its just me but I dont usually see training camp competition brought in on a 6yr deal.
                  COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                    Hes a decent DT though and if he makes the team he could make some noise this season. Maybe its just me but I dont usually see training camp competition brought in on a 6yr deal.

he got a 6 year deal? sweet...

i know he is a decent player.. and a very good reserve.. but we need YOUTH... so if we draft a DT, then bannan and sape will be a total waste of a draft pick.

Comment

• ryjam282
                      • Mar 2003

Did anyone read the article????
                      NOT ANOTHER ONE:)

Bills President and General Manager Tom Donahoe drafted Gibson for the Pittsburgh Steelers in the fourth round in 1995. He spent four years as a backup in Pittsburgh, then started four seasons with the Bengals. Each of those four years he was coached by current Bills defensive line coach Tim Krumrie.

Ryan Withey

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Ebenezer
                        Give me a minute...
                        • Jul 2002

where did Oliver Gibson get a 6 year deal?? Link please.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• TigerJ
                          • Jul 2002

I don't think Buffalo looks for a DT in the draft at all with this signing. Forget about Wilfork or Harris, whom a few mocks have had the Bills taking.
                          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• ryjam282
                            • Mar 2003

SO, I guess Rivers is the only logical choice next... :)

Ryan Withey

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• The Spaz
                              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                              Where's the link on a 6 year deal?

Comment

Working...
                              X