PDA

View Full Version : Lucky 13

Expansion Blues
03-29-2004, 09:18 AM
Help me out here guys. I am in need of help at 13. I have about 3 versions of Mocks so this is just one of them as of right now. Taking these picks into consideration who would you guys take at 13? If you agree with the previous 12 is not the issue because I have a few versions I am kicking around so please just let me know who you would like in this particular version. I will likely come back for some of your insight in others. Thanks in advance, Vin.

1 CHARGERS – QB, Eli Manning
2 RAIDERS – WR, Roy Williams
3 CARDINALS – WR, Larry Fitzgerald
4 GIANTS – QB, Ben Rothlisberger
5 REDSKINS – DB, Sean Taylor
6 LIONS – TE, Kellen Winslow II
7 BROWNS - OL, Robert Gallery
8 FALCONS - DB, DeAngelo Hall
9 JAGUARS – WR, Mike Williams
10 TEXANS – DL, Tommie Harris
11 STEELERS - QB, Phillip Rivers
12 JETS – DE, Will Smith

13 :scratch:

Expansion Blues
03-29-2004, 09:24 AM
I have a few guys sliding out of the top 10 in this version. My first choice would be Udeze to you but I live in Houston and would like your input.

Dozerdog
03-29-2004, 10:18 AM
Udeze, Shaun Andrews, Wilfork- I'd take any of them.

Probably Shawn Andrews as my first choice- Move jennings to Guard - Andrews is going to be a dominant run blocker.

Dozerdog
03-29-2004, 10:27 AM
From a few weeks ago- I posted my "draft board"

Originally posted by Dozerdog
With such a deep draft- everybody has a different opinion on who the Bills should grab at 13. Of course, when your guy gets drafted before the Bills pick, then you are S.O.L.

Here is my draft board. I'm listing the order in which I would draft players if they fell to us,- keeping in mind team needs. (Even if we sign Volek)

1) Manning QB
2) Sean Taylor FS
3) Robert Gallery T (Move Jennings to Guard-Insurance if Jennings bolts in 2005)
4) Larry Fitzgerald WR
5) Mike Williams WR
6) Tommie Harris DT (I'd play him at DE until Adams or Williams departs)
7) Vince Wilfork DE
8) Shawn Andrews OT- See Gallery

****Trade Down (If there are takers -Into the 18-25 range for a 1st and a 2nd, or 26-32 range for a 1st , 2nd, and 4th or 5th)****

9) Ben Roethlesberger
10) Roy Williams- WR
11) Kenichi Udeze DE
12) Roger Williams -WR
13) Chris Gamble CB
14) Deangelo Hall- CB- I like his KR ability

Manning or Sean Taylor are tops because they are franchise players- you just can't pass them up. Eli Manning is farther along in his development than bigger brother Peyton at this time. Taylor could be anothe Ronnie Lott. Even if there isn't a hole on your team- you need a roster spot for these guys. Manning takes over in 2005 or 2006.

If you want immediate help, and keep an eye open toward 2005,2006, and beyond- one of the draft's dominant WRs can be added keeping in mind Moulds gets slower and expensive down the road.

Tommie Harris or Vince Wilfork look great too. Harris is a DT but is smaller and explosive, and can plat DE. Wilfork is just the opposite- he's huge for a DE - Reminds me of Pat Williams as our DE in the Bruce Smith days when we ran the 3-4 defense. (Williams, Hansen, Smith). Could move inside when Adams or Williams become cap casualties/Free Agents

I also love the two tackles- Gallery will be long gone when the Bills pick but Shawn Andrews is a very strong possibility. Andrews is a dominant Run blocker - we could move Jennings to the guard spot- or even move Mike Williams there (and Jennings gets his spot) - Imagine Andrews and Williams blowing away defenses followed up with an explosive McGahee in tow? :drool:

At this point, I'd really start shopping the pick. If New England wants to move up- I'd deal with them- and getting both #1s doesn't need to be a deal breaker. Moving to their 21st pick, I'd consider Vernon Carey, Loseman, Michael Clayton (WR), DeAngelo Hall (CB) Will Poole(CB), or DT Randy Starks

If there are no takers, then it's time to look ahead and draft possible replacements for FA losses in 2005. Big Ben to replace Bledsoe and give us quality depth. If Volek gets signed- I'd still do it. Kenichi Udeze would be a solid addition. Clements might bolt after this season, so Gamble or Hall might be a possibility. Looking a the remaining stud WRs as a Moulds replacement down the road. Randy Starks if Pat Williams is in doubt, or if Adams is a cap casualty.

Dozerdog
03-29-2004, 10:30 AM
Considering the workout reports since I posted this- I'd swap positions with Roy Willliams and Mike Williams, and switch Wilfork and Andrews.

But to be honest- you can take any of them and not screw it up.

Expansion Blues
03-29-2004, 11:31 AM
Thanks a mil. I will lurk this thread and post some questions as they come up as to your team. I am posting an early April Mock on my Houston board so I am trying to get some logic into each pick. Speaking of logic, I find it a bit tough to figure out what your FO is thinking after that McGahee pick last year. ;)

Expansion Blues
03-29-2004, 11:32 AM
Do you think you guys will address WR in the second rd?

Dozerdog
03-29-2004, 11:33 AM
Why?- Who was on the board in 2003 that has as much upside as McGahee?

Henson? :lol:

Dozerdog
03-29-2004, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Expansion Blues
Do you think you guys will address WR in the second rd?

Tough question.

It all depends who is on the board. If they go OL/DL in Rd 1, and Loseman is there, I'd have to grab him. If Jake Grove is there i'd have to think about it.

Expansion Blues
03-29-2004, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Why?- Who was on the board in 2003 that has as much upside as McGahee?

Henson? :lol:
I just didn't see it coming. Casserly seems to think on his own also so these guys picks are a bit tougher to predict than some of the other teams. I'm doing a 3 round pre-draft mock so I'll take any insight I can get from you guys.

TigerJ
03-29-2004, 12:22 PM
Udeze and Reggie Williams would be the two players I'd choose from in this scenario.