X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • qcsabresfan84
    • Feb 2003

Ruff needs to be careful with Biron

Not because of his inconsistency, I'm not worried about that. I'm afraid he might be overworking him. He's started something like 11 out of the last 12 or 12 out of the last 13 games. He started 3 games in 4 days last week. I'm hoping Ruff is smart and starts Noronen tonight. I don't have anything against Biron, I much prefer him to Mika, but he might just get overworked and one bad game could cost us the season. Even though Mika is cold, there isn't really much to contend with on the Blue Jackets since Sanderson got traded. Aside from Rick Nash, they don't have a player in particular that could mess up Noronen too badly. As long as the team plays solid defense, he wouldn't have any troubles. I just feel like 4 games in 6 days would be overdoing it for Marty, even though he's been hot lately.
    N.C. STATE WOLFPACK
  • I the end I
    • Sep 2003

It'll be a tough decision. If either one of them does badly it's automatically Lindy's fault for picking the cold goaltender or going with the overworked goaltender. I think Biron should play I think we should show some confidence in him.

Comment

• Dozerdog
      In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

It's crunch time. If Biron has been playing well- keep him in.

Biron got plenty of rest in the season- if this were the playoffs and he played evey other night for 4 weeks straight no one would blink

Comment

• Ebenezer
        Give me a minute...
        • Jul 2002

If it takes moving a mountain to Mohammed you play Biron if he is hot enough to help this team make the playoffs.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• mchurchfie
          • Jul 2002

Leave Biron in...he is hot right now and maybe all of this work is what he really needed right from the get go to work himself to this level without looking over his shoulder. There is a lot riding on every game from here on out...it would be a lot of pressure on Mika right now to throw him into this kind of a fire.
          My Band
          daveviterna.com

Comment

• qcsabresfan84
            • Feb 2003

But this is the perfect game to give Biron the rest. If he doesn't do it now then there won't be a better chance for the rest of the season. I hope that if Biron does play he will be successful, but he could easily get mentally exhausted.
            N.C. STATE WOLFPACK

Comment

• BironsGirl43
              Can suck a golf-ball through a garden-hose.
              • Oct 2002

And with all that in mind..

He came away with a shutout tonight.. so much for being overworked and mentally exhausted, huh?

Marty 5-0-1 in last 6
              ~*Let's go Buffalo*~

Comment

Working...
              X