PDA

View Full Version : Blue Jackets @ Sabres Game Thread

pyrrhonist
03-29-2004, 06:56 PM
:huddle:

I arrived home with about 12:00 left in the 1st, with the score already 1-0. I got to see the Roy goal. As I thought, Buffalo is cruising thus far against soft Columbus. I just hope that the guys can maintain the tough play throughout 2 more periods, and they don't go into "safe" mode. :madcurse:

pyrrhonist
03-29-2004, 07:24 PM
Excellent penalty killing on that 5-on-3. :up:

Rick stated that he thinks the majority of the East would rather the Sabres not make the playoffs, as they're playing so well. I'm not totally sure that's true.

Turf
03-29-2004, 08:07 PM
Sabres are beating the hell out of Columbus.

Fat Tony
03-29-2004, 08:11 PM
I think it's in the bag

With a win tonight, arew we within 4?

realmendontwearteal
03-29-2004, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Fat Tony
I think it's in the bag

With a win tonight, arew we within 4?

in about 3 min or so....thats left in the 3rd period....the sabres will be 3 points back of the 8th spot in the east

realmendontwearteal
03-29-2004, 08:26 PM
nice win....were 3 points back

this wed

habs @ iles
sabres @ msg

Turf
03-29-2004, 08:36 PM
Damn those back to back losses to the Isles, and that giveaway OT loss when we were up 5-2 to Toronto. That 1 point could haunt us.

qcsabresfan84
03-29-2004, 08:43 PM
That win is a big time statement. That's got to make NY nervous, and no one plays well when their nervous. Our team isn't nervous, they're desperate, and that's going to make a big difference.

SkateZilla
03-29-2004, 09:37 PM
Sorry

Was Reeeeeaaaaallly Busy..
That and When i tried to Make a Thread I Couldnt Get On te Site At All.. It would Tiem Out and Throw me to Some B.S. Search Site

and No I Wasnt Watching hte Recap Of the Britney Show Time Concert.. I Got the HDTV Version On PVR So Im All Set... Encode to DVD and Burn to a DVD+R and Presto Instant DVD :p

I Checked Up On The Game Every Few Minutes..

Kalinin is the 3rd Defensemen to have a 2 Goal Game in Buffalo.. Woolley and Zhitnik First,

Also.. Biron's 2nd Shutout.. By the Same score too 6-0...

SkateZilla
03-29-2004, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by qcsabresfan84
That win is a big time statement. That's got to make NY nervous, and no one plays well when their nervous. Our team isn't nervous, they're desperate, and that's going to make a big difference.

Not To Mention We Are Playing hte Best Hockey Of the Year.. and Are Confident as Hell..

chubluv
03-29-2004, 09:44 PM
They announced during our game that Mark Messier is going to sit out the NYR last 2 games so Wed will be his last game of the year & possibly carrer ... I hope that wont inspire the rangers to much..

alyson
03-29-2004, 10:25 PM
AWESOME game to listen to. My Mom and Dad were there; they got free 100-level seats! My Mom called me after the game and I said "How did you like seeing Kalinin score 2 goals? They wanted to get him a third". And she's like "What?" Oh, such a waste of a ticket on her, although she had a great time!
I totally agree, we're desperate, and that might be the kicker against the Isles. However, the Isles will feel like total crap if we take their playoff spot, so... that might be enough incentive for them.
GO SABRES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Beat those Rags!

pyrrhonist
03-30-2004, 01:21 AM
Sweet Xmas, can you imagine----We'd be 1 point back, if the guys didn't squander leads against both Toronto, and Pittsburgh. :down:

SkateZilla
03-30-2004, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by alyson
AWESOME game to listen to. My Mom and Dad were there; they got free 100-level seats! My Mom called me after the game and I said "How did you like seeing Kalinin score 2 goals? They wanted to get him a third". And she's like "What?" Oh, such a waste of a ticket on her, although she had a great time!
I totally agree, we're desperate, and that might be the kicker against the Isles. However, the Isles will feel like total crap if we take their playoff spot, so... that might be enough incentive for them.
GO SABRES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Beat those Rags!

Not To mention Refunding about $50,000 in Presold Play off Ticket Packages

SkateZilla
03-30-2004, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by pyrrhonist
Sweet Xmas, can you imagine----We'd be 1 point back, if the guys didn't squander leads against both Toronto, and Pittsburgh. :down:

We'd be in 8th By 1 Point if We Woulda Sealed the Deall in Boston 2x, and Toronto, and Pittsburg.. :p

alyson
03-30-2004, 02:43 PM
Yeah, when it comes down to it, playoffs give much-needed money to these teams. Unfortunately some of the same damn teams keep getting in. I'm kind of happy for Tampa Bay getting in so highly-seeded. Mix it up a bit!