PDA

View Full Version : I am assitant GM for Bills in GM draft-Through 4 rounds here are results

BillsRockSOMUCH
03-29-2004, 09:08 PM
:feedback:
**TRADE**
49ers recieve picks #21,32,140,205
Patriots recieve picks #13,47
Bills recieve picks #16,96,112,208

Bills summary-
Bills get- 16, 96, 112, 208
Bills give up 13, 140, 205

Round 1: At pick 16 WR Reggie Williams, Washington
Round 2: at 44 C Jake Grove, Virgina Tech
Round 3A: at 75 QB Cody Pickett, Washington
Round 3B: at 96 (aquired in deal) DT Tim Anderson, Ohio State
Round 4A: at 109 TE Ben Utecht Minnesota
Round 4B: at 112 DE Nathanial Abidi, Virgina Tech

The GM (I am the assistant GM) said this about the rounds 1-3 picks.

1: Reggie Williams

We felt that, at the 16th pick, Reggie Williams was a steal. In any other draft, he would be a top 10 pick. We were lucky he fell, and he well greatly complement Moulds.

2: Jake Grove

We felt that Grove could fill either of our two holes on the line, center or guard. Grove has huge potential, and will anchor the Bills line for years to come.

3A: Cody Pickett

Pickett was perhaps somewhat of a reach. We felt though that Pickett is a great athlete that will be able to learn under Drew Bledsoe, Mike Mularkey, Tom Clements, and Sam Wyche. Pickett could someday be a pro-bowl QB. Last year, people thought this guy could be a 1st round pick. He had a down year, and we are glad to have him.

3:B Tim Anderson

After looking at his numbers and potential, he was the obvious pick. We discussed other players, but we felt that Anderson will be able to take over one of the DT spots in a couple of years and will dominate. Just look at his profile on the huddle report.
:feedback:

BillsRockSOMUCH
03-29-2004, 09:15 PM
Here are players profiles:
Reggie Williams Profile (http://thehuddlereport.com/2004DRAFT/profiles/ReggieWilliams.htm)
Jake Grove Profile (http://thehuddlereport.com/2004DRAFT/profiles/JakeGrove.htm)
Cody Pickett Profile (http://thehuddlereport.com/2004DRAFT/profiles/CodyPickett.htm)
Tim Anderson Profile (http://thehuddlereport.com/2004DRAFT/profiles/TimAnderson.htm)
Ben Utecht Profile (http://thehuddlereport.com/2004DRAFT/profiles/BenUtecht.htm)
Nathanial Abidi Profile (http://thehuddlereport.com/2004DRAFT/profiles/NathanielAdibi.htm)

Tatonka
03-29-2004, 09:51 PM
i really hate the pickett pick.. but all the others are great.

good work man.. good work.

mypoorfriendme
03-29-2004, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by BillsRockSOMUCH
[B

Round 1: At pick 16 WR Reggie Williams, Washington
Round 2: at 44 C Jake Grove, Virgina Tech
Round 3A: at 75 QB Cody Pickett, Washington
Round 3B: at 96 (aquired in deal) DT Tim Anderson, Ohio State
Round 4A: at 109 TE Ben Utecht Minnesota
Round 4B: at 112 DE Nathanial Abidi, Virgina Tech

[/B]

:drool:

i love all the picks, even cody pickett however i think he would have been there in the fourth or even fifth

Novacane
03-29-2004, 09:56 PM
Could have waited to get Pickett later IMO.

Who did the pats take in thier trade up to our spot?

elltrain22
03-29-2004, 09:58 PM
Pickett could be a good qb. He had a bad year last year, but just 2 yr's ago he had arguably the best year of any college qb.

TigerJ
03-29-2004, 10:30 PM
Cody Pickett has a Wonderlic score of like 19. That's not good at all for a QB. Wonderlic doesn't mean a whole lot at some positions, but QBs have to master a complex play book, learn the defences he's going to face, audible when the play sent in doesn't match up well with the defensive alignment being shown, and be able to make quick decisions when the ball is snapped about who to pass the ball to and what route he's going to run with the coverage he's facing. Some QBs have been successful without a great Wonderlic score (Dan Marino), but in general I want my QB to be at least close to the smartest player on the team.

Tatonka
03-29-2004, 10:37 PM
pickett has so much to work on.. he is a serious project..

and that alone i could deal with.. but he has a problem with turning the ball over.. if there is one thing that i can not stand.. it is a guy that turns the ball over..

mypoorfriendme
03-29-2004, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
pickett has so much to work on.. he is a serious project..

and that alone i could deal with.. but he has a problem with turning the ball over.. if there is one thing that i can not stand.. it is a guy that turns the ball over..

so thats why you love drew so much :p:

DraftBoy
03-29-2004, 11:13 PM
didnt exactly have a stellar offense there at Washington either. I like Cody alot more than say Smoker, or Navarre. The kid is mobile, with a huge arm and decent accuracy a year or 2 on the sidelines and hed be good to go.

The Spaz
03-29-2004, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by DraftBoy
didnt exactly have a stellar offense there at Washington either. I like Cody alot more than say Smoker, or Navarre. The kid is mobile, with a huge arm and decent accuracy a year or 2 on the sidelines and hed be good to go.

I like Pickett.

kgun12
03-29-2004, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by mypoorfriendme

so thats why you love drew so much :p:

Here we go again! :confused:

I would be happy with this draft too. Except for Pickett, just because of his name!

PIC IT! :laughter: No QB should have a name like that!

Tatonka
03-29-2004, 11:50 PM
i would take smoker in a heartbeat over pickett..

pickett had a top 15 wr to throw the ball to.. who did smoker have?

The Spaz
03-29-2004, 11:54 PM

Don't know this year but 2 years ago he had Charles Rodgers.

SoCalBillsFan
03-30-2004, 12:04 AM
Smoker over pickett an day of the week!

I watched pickett for three years, and was unimpressed. He even had reggie williams, and he still was mediocre.

mypoorfriendme
03-30-2004, 01:00 AM
in picketts defense, hes never had any sort of running game like smoker (duckett)

Jan Reimers
03-30-2004, 06:01 AM
Abidi scares me a little because we already have a couple of projects at DE, but he does appear to have a big upside.

I like Smoker and Schaub better than Pickett.

But overall, I'd take this draft in a heart beat.

BillsRockSOMUCH
03-30-2004, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
Could have waited to get Pickett later IMO.

Who did the pats take in thier trade up to our spot?

They took DT Vince Wilfork to replace Washington.

They wanted Steven Jackson but Pittsburgh took him. :scratch:

mybills
03-30-2004, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by kgun12

PIC IT! :laughter: No QB should have a name like that!

:rofl:

Dozerdog
03-30-2004, 06:35 AM

I recall he threw to Charlie Rogers for a season or two

ZacGriffi~82
03-30-2004, 06:51 AM
I recall Pickett throwing to Reggie Williams for a few years.

DraftBoy
03-30-2004, 07:58 AM
Michigan St also has had a solid OL, and a running game for Smoker since he has been QB has Pickett had anybody aside from Reggie Williams?

Career numbers:
Pickett:
792 of 1369 for 9918 yards, 57.8%, 53 TD's, 41 INT's, plus 11 rushing TD's
Smoker:
560 of 921 for 7191, 60.8%, 52 TD's, 31 INT's, plus 5 rushing TD's

The numbers are just about even, but I like Pickett's intangibles better

Tatonka
03-30-2004, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
I recall he threw to Charlie Rogers for a season or two

i was talking about this year.. when he played his best.

he had no major weapons.. none.

Tatonka
03-30-2004, 08:06 AM
Michigan St also has had a solid OL, and a running game for Smoker since he has been QB has Pickett had anybody aside from Reggie Williams?

Career numbers:
Pickett:
792 of 1369 for 9918 yards, 57.8%, 53 TD's, 41 INT's, plus 11 rushing TD's
Smoker:
560 of 921 for 7191, 60.8%, 52 TD's, 31 INT's, plus 5 rushing TD's

The numbers are just about even, but I like Pickett's intangibles better

what that shows me is just what i believed.. pickit throws more picks, about the same TDs and has piss poor accuracy...

i would be pissed if we drafted picket.. i dont like him at all.

Bert102176
03-30-2004, 09:39 PM
I think Smoker will have a good career in the NFL where I don't think Pickett will amount to anything

DraftBoy
03-30-2004, 10:24 PM

what that shows me is just what i believed.. pickit throws more picks, about the same TDs and has piss poor accuracy...

i would be pissed if we drafted picket.. i dont like him at all.

Piss Poor accuracy kid threw nearly 60 pct what do you want out of him 80??

Yes you are all right he had Williams to throw too but he was double covrered most games and other than him he had nobody, not saying Smoker did but Smoker stats and game film dont show him as any better than Pickett and with Cody's size and speed Id take him over Smoker.

Tatonka
03-30-2004, 10:50 PM
Piss Poor accuracy kid threw nearly 60 pct what do you want out of him 80??

Yes you are all right he had Williams to throw too but he was double covrered most games and other than him he had nobody, not saying Smoker did but Smoker stats and game film dont show him as any better than Pickett and with Cody's size and speed Id take him over Smoker.

if a guy cant complete over 60% of his passes in college.. i worry about what he can do in the pros, where the coverage is even tighter.. and his career is 57%.. last season was barely over 50%..

mypoorfriendme
03-31-2004, 12:50 AM
personallity wise, pickett wins bigtime as smoker has had off the field problems in the past, which is rare for a qb who knows he is the leader of his team