PDA

View Full Version : Give it up for Ralph Wilson, Jr.!

mightyspaz
03-29-2004, 11:55 PM
BUFFALO: Mike Mularkey begins a new era of Bills football as the 15th head coach in club history. Mularkey arrives in Buffalo after eight years as an assistant coach under Pittsburgh's Bill Cowher, where he helped guide the Steelers to four playoff berths ... This year marks the 45th anniversary of the creation of the American Football League, which merged with the NFL in 1970. Bills Chairman Ralph Wilson, Jr. is one of three original AFL owners (Kansas City's Lamar Hunt and Tennessee's Bud Adams) whose success continues in the NFL.

The Spaz
03-29-2004, 11:58 PM
It's total BS that Ralph isn't in the HOF.:mad:

kardshark19
03-30-2004, 12:03 AM
:hail: Ralph! :gobills: :clap: :clap: :bf1: :10: :up:

mightyspaz
03-30-2004, 12:05 AM
I just wanted to point out that the Buffalo Bills orginization still happens to be the classiest NFL organization and has the best owner in the league, Mr. Ralph Wilson, Jr.!
:ladysman:
___^ RW jr.
Toast to the Man
:beers:

SoCalBillsFan
03-30-2004, 12:06 AM
so mightyspaz and spaz, are you related in any way?

mightyspaz
03-30-2004, 12:07 AM
No actually I prefer not to start that again
:laugh:

B-DON
03-30-2004, 01:05 AM
HOF

Jan Reimers
03-30-2004, 05:49 AM
Ralph has been a great owner and a credit to his sport. Let's hope the Hall of Fame beckons SOON.

cordog
03-30-2004, 07:27 AM
Mularkey is the 13th coach, not 15th

mightyspaz
03-30-2004, 08:20 AM
I Agree! HOF!
:gobills:

mightyspaz
03-30-2004, 11:12 AM
Bills owner Ralph C. Wilson was not a big fan of the halftime show at the Super Bowl this year.

Asked if he saw the show, which included the baring of one of singer Janet Jackson's breasts, Wilson said, "Just the stripper. After that I went out the back and didn't see anything. . . . I guess I've been going a few too many years to appreciate that jumping up and down and screaming and yelling. I think the NFL realizes they overdid it and they're going to calm it down."

NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue said exactly that on Monday.

"We have to exercise more control over the ultimate product," he said.

The subject of the halftime controversy caused Wilson to recall one of the most memorable halftime shows he saw from the early days of the AFL. It was a game between the Bills and the New York Titans in 1961, and Wilson was watching with the Titans' owner, Harry Wismer.

"We're playing in the Polo Grounds," Wilson said. "It seats 63,000, and we're playing in front of 1,200 people. At halftime, this old Salvation Army Band comes out. They've got they're hats screwed on the wrong way. They have rusty trombones and holes in their pants. They get to the 50-yard line, and I was sitting with Harry and his wife, and the band struck up "Everything's Coming Up Roses.' And Harry turned to his wife and said, "Honey, they're playing our song.' And the next year Harry went broke."

This Guy is th Bomb! SHow you Respect!