• Show
Clear All
  • Ickybaluky
    • Jul 2003

Donohoe comments on Gibson signing...

On the Bengals Website:

Bengals Website

He says:

“I’ve always liked his attitude and his toughness,” said Donahoe, who drafted Gibson in the fourth round when he was with the Steelers in 1995. “He’s a guy we see as a backup who is going to go into the rotation. A lot of times it takes guys a year to get over (a torn Achilles’), and our doctors said he looked good.”

I didn't realize he is coming off a torn achilles. That is a tough injury for an older guy to recover from.
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

he is a big fat guy that clogs the middle.. he wont be running any 40 yard dashes.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

Yeah, he and Sam Adams can have sun dial races to the buffet line.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Goobylal
        • Jan 2004

Re: Donohoe comments on Gibson signing...

Originally posted by NE39
        I didn't realize he is coming off a torn achilles. That is a tough injury for an older guy to recover from.
        Gibson played in all 16 games last year. He got injured in 2002. it shouldn't be a problem.

Comment

• Dantheman1280
          I am the Man!
          • Mar 2004

why did we sign this guy he has no future! what about Bannan, Edwards and Sape

Comment

• John Doe
            Florida Man
            • Jul 2002

why did we sign this guy he has no future! what about Bannan, Edwards and Sape
            Sape's future is the unemployment line.

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by John Doe
              Sape's future is the unemployment line.
              you have no idea.. you barely even saw him play.
              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

glad we didnt think that about pat williams when he was a undrafted free agent in his second year.

Comment

• The Spaz
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
                  glad we didnt think that about pat williams when he was a undrafted free agent in his second year.
                  Like I said before at least Pat Williams showed something Sape did absolutely nothing this year.

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                    Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                    • Mar 2003

Edwards has a promising future, I think. He showed sum flashes before we got Adams. Sape will really have to suprise me and Bannan, right now at leest, has shown me nuttin but backup ability at best.
                    "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                    -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Goobylal
                      • Jan 2004

Sape will be back on the PS if he shows any ability. Bannan is probably a goner.

Comment

• kal123
                        Maybe?
                        • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                        Yeah, he and Sam Adams can have sun dial races to the buffet line.
                        Actually Jan, if their destination is the buffet line, I'd bet either one of them would beat Car Lewis in his prime to get to that prime rib and macaroni & cheese........

Just got a thought...have a Jill come on to Brady next year and rub some butter or bbq sauce on his back without him noticing. The smell of it would drive them nuts and guarantees us a few sacks that day.
                        Last edited by Mr. Cynical; 03-30-2004, 07:30 PM.

Comment

• The_Philster
                          • Jul 2002

I think it's too soon to say anything about Sape but he could be on the fringe for his job in the 2004 training camp.

Originally posted by Goobylal
                          Sape will be back on the PS if he shows any ability. Bannan is probably a goner.
                          He was never on the practice squad. He was on the 53-man roster all season long...saw action in 2 games. He's ineligible for the practice squad..he has the minimum 6 games on the 53-man roster
                          The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Goobylal
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by The_Philster
                            I think it's too soon to say anything about Sape but he could be on the fringe for his job in the 2004 training camp.

He was never on the practice squad. He was on the 53-man roster all season long...saw action in 2 games. He's ineligible for the practice squad..he has the minimum 6 games on the 53-man roster
                            I checked NFL.com and it lists 1 game for "games played" for him. That means he was inactive for all the other games. And IIRC, a player can be put on the PS if he had 2 or fewer years, and saw action in fewer than 6 or 7 games.

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Spaz
                              Like I said before at least Pat Williams showed something Sape did absolutely nothing this year.
                              what exactly did pat williams show you as a rookie? it wasnt much.

Comment

Working...
                              X