PDA

View Full Version : Let's Go Buffalo!

mightyspaz
03-30-2004, 08:08 AM
DETROIT (AP) -- Chris Spielman, Jim Abbott, Pat LaFontaine, and Joe DeLamielleure will be among 10 people inducted into the Michigan Sports Hall of Fame on Tuesday.

Spielman had a stellar career with the Detroit Lions before ending his career in Cleveland.

Abbott, a Flint native and former Michigan pitcher, won the Sullivan Award as the nation's top amateur athlete in 1988 despite being born without a right hand. He also had a 10-year career in the major leagues, and finished third in the Cy Young Award voting in 1991.

LaFontaine, who grew up in Waterford, went into the Hockey Hall of Fame this year after a 15-year career with the New York Islanders and Rangers and Buffalo Sabres.

DeLamielleure, a former Michigan State star, entered the Pro Football Hall of Fame this year. He was a standout lineman for the Buffalo Bills from 1973-79.

Three out of these four have ties in Buffalo!
(they forgot to mention Spielman spent time in Buffalo!)
:gobills:

oh ....and
GO SABRES
6-0 over the BlueJackets
:beers:

Ebenezer
03-30-2004, 08:14 AM
I hope LaFontaine spent a significant portion of his youth in Michigan...he was born in St. Louis played minor hockey in Canada and never played for a Michigan college team or the Red Wings. :huh:

I even found this quote:

In June of 2003, LaFontaine was selected to the Hockey Hall of Fame. "I am truly thrilled to receive this tremendous honour," said Lafontaine upon receiving the news. "Growing up in St. Louis, I always played for the love of the game and never dreamed this could ever lead to my being a member of the Hockey Hall of Fame."