PDA

View Full Version : Office Draft

Devin
03-30-2004, 08:58 AM
Just a small tidibit had an office 4 round draft today, 95% of the draft went pretty normal a few surprises but nothing killer:

Addressed QB, WR, OL, and TE

1: Rivers
2. (traded up in 2nd) Evans

-2nd pick was Watson but couldnt pass on Evans, we need a WR more then a TE-

3. Chris Snee OG
4. Peters TE (huge for a TE and with proper training could be good)

The Spaz
03-30-2004, 09:01 AM
So you picked Watson and Peters or just Peters? My dream would be taking Peters in the 4th and Mike Karney in the 5th that would have the making of some smash mouth football!:up:

ryjam282
03-30-2004, 09:03 AM
Snee in the 3rd....God I wish...But nice job getting Rivers...LOL, Mikey's ZB could be dwindelling.

buffmaniac
03-30-2004, 09:07 AM
I'm not big on taking a QB in the first but if the Bills do take Rivers I won't get too upset. I personally see something like this for day 1:
1st- WR Reggie Williams
2nd- TE Ben Troupe or Watson
3rd- QB (Not sure who will be available maybe Losman, Harris, Schaub)

As for the O-line, I am putting a lot of weight on McNally being able to improve some of the players we already have like Sullivan.

The Quebecer
03-30-2004, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Devin
Just a small tidibit had an office 4 round draft today, 95% of the draft went pretty normal a few surprises but nothing killer:

3. Chris Snee OG

Man, that would be an awesome draft! :party:

ShadowHawk7
03-30-2004, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Devin

3. Chris Snee OG

Wow, that would be a killer draft! :drool: :hitself:

Just wondering, but where did Sean Taylor in your draft? Also how did you trade up in the 2nd for Evans?

Devin
03-30-2004, 09:35 PM
Sean Taylor went to the Skins.

It was actually a 5 Round Draft, I traded our 2nd and 5th.

Evans was there 3 picks ahead, so I went ahead and pulled the trigger.

ShadowHawk7
03-30-2004, 10:57 PM
Good stuff trading up w/ that 5th pick. Also, instead of Peters, could you of gotten a good DE or DT? I think we could just sign a June 1 cut, and our TEs would be fine. Also, with our 5 and 6th picks gone (5th, traded up, 6th, traded for TE Campbell) this would be our last chance at some good depth on our D-line. 7th round, I'd prolly go kicker, or FB.

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-31-2004, 08:10 AM
I still don't see why so many of you guys are in love with Peters. I will be the first to say I am wrong if I am, but I don't see this guy anything more than an average TE. There are plenty of other TEs I would rather have.

The Spaz
03-31-2004, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
I still don't see why so many of you guys are in love with Peters. I will be the first to say I am wrong if I am, but I don't see this guy anything more than an average TE. There are plenty of other TEs I would rather have.

You're right there are better TE's but if we're going to play smash mouth football I have no problem drafting the best blocking TE in the draft. They guy really is a legitimate TE even at his size.

Devin
03-31-2004, 08:49 AM
Im not in love with him by any means, he was next on my depth chart and with his size and strength as Spaz pointed out for smash mouth football he is ideal. With good coaching Peters is essentially another OL, hes massive.