PDA

View Full Version : Third Replay Challenge added

Romes
03-30-2004, 01:14 PM
At the NFL owners meeting they approved instant replay for another 5 seasons adding an amendment stating that if a team is succesful on their first 2 replay challenges they will be awarded a third.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1771954

Ebenezer
03-30-2004, 01:19 PM
only if they are successful...eitherwise :down:

The Spaz
03-30-2004, 01:21 PM
Like I said before if you keep challenging and you get them correct you shuldn't be penalized by losing them.

Romes
03-30-2004, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
Like I said before if you keep challenging and you get them correct you shuldn't be penalized by losing them.

Exactly, that is what they implemented if you get the first to correct then you get a third.

helmetguy
03-30-2004, 01:42 PM
That still wouldn't have helped GW.

DraftBoy
03-30-2004, 03:35 PM
Im glad they reupped Instant Reply its helped the game alot.

TigerJ
03-30-2004, 05:44 PM
I agree with The Spaz, and that doesn't sound like what they did. They only offered one conditional challenge. If a coaching staff is really sharp and always challenges in the right situation, why shouldn't they be able to make four or five or more challenges? Practically speaking, they might never get that many reasons to challenge in a half, but what would improve the officiating more than to give coaches the possibility of chalenging every screwy call as long as coaches are responsible in doing it.

The Spaz
03-30-2004, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by TigerJ
I agree with The Spaz, and that doesn't sound like what they did. They only offered one conditional challenge. If a coaching staff is really sharp and always challenges in the right situation, why shouldn't they be able to make four or five or more challenges? Practically speaking, they might never get that many reasons to challenge in a half, but what would improve the officiating more than to give coaches the possibility of chalenging every screwy call as long as coaches are responsible in doing it.

:up::beer:

BuffaloRanger
03-30-2004, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by helmetguy
That still wouldn't have helped GW.

Yeah, a third challenge never would have been a possibility. I don't think he got 2 right all year!

kardshark19
03-30-2004, 07:02 PM
What they need to do is re-evaluate what you can challenge. Screw that after the whistle crap. Most of the bad calls are "unchallengeable"