PDA

View Full Version : Troy Vincent elected president of players' union

deathadder
03-30-2004, 05:52 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-nflpa-vincent&prov=ap&type=lgns

Troy Vincent elected president of players' union

March 30, 2004
WAILEA, Hawaii (AP) -- Bills cornerback Troy Vincent was elected president of the NFL Players Association on Tuesday.

Vincent, who left the Eagles as a free agent this year and signed with Buffalo, replaces Trace Armstrong, the union president for the last eight years. Armstrong, who is considering retirement, did not run for re-election.

``I am honored to carry on the leadership that Trace has established during his tenure,'' said Vincent, a 13-year veteran. ``I appreciate the confidence the players have shown by electing me as their new president and will continue to work towards improving the benefits for current and former players.''

Tatonka
03-30-2004, 05:56 PM
that should make him a better corner. :eek:

DraftBoy
03-30-2004, 05:59 PM
Yea like he doesnt have enough to deal with, now he gets to hear complaints from the rest of the NFL about what the owners are up to now...

The Spaz
03-30-2004, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by DraftBoy
Yea like he doesnt have enough to deal with, now he gets to hear complaints from the rest of the NFL about what the owners are up to now...

He also has his own business. Obviously he wanted a chance to have the job and he got it.

Ebenezer
03-30-2004, 06:21 PM
Early rumors are that someday Vincent will take over for Gene Upshaw.