• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Jan 2004

Ruling could keep Clarett, Williams out

A court will hear the NFL's appeal to overturn the Maurice Clarett decision before the NFL draft, which means the ruling could keep Clarett and wide receiver Mike Williams of USC out of the April 24 draft.
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

would mike williams be allowed to go back to school then? i wonder.. because he has an agent and everything now..
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Ebenezer
      Give me a minute...
      • Jul 2002

no clue...that will probably be the next lawsuit.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Dozerdog
        In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

Pash said Tuesday that if the league gets a stay, then loses the appeal, it would hold a supplemental draft for Clarett and the others within 10 days of that decision. Those players already have forfeited their college eligibility.

Pash is optimistic.

WOW- San Diego could in theory make a killing- Draft Manning or Larry Fitz (He will be in the draft no matter what) , then when the suplimental draft comes around after the NFL draft- they use it on Mike Williams.

Thyat's two top picks in this deep draft.

Larceny!

Comment

• mikemac2001
          is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
          • Mar 2003

This is just stupid, let the kids get drafted Change the rules for the next season so they cant use the loop whole and dont worry about it.

MUCK
          FIAMI

Comment

• mypoorfriendme
            • Apr 2003

no...this rule is fine. look how many players actually used it...two. one deserved the draft and the other needed it because he couldnt go back to school. its not like high school kids will ever enter or mediocre sophomores and juniors.

either a) you have to graduate to play a down in the NFL or b) as a citizen of the us, you have the right to declare yourself eligable for the draft whenever you damn well please
            the dude abides

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
              • May 2003

I see Williams and Clarrett getting grandfathered in and there will be a new rule established.

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                Pash said Tuesday that if the league gets a stay, then loses the appeal, it would hold a supplemental draft for Clarett and the others within 10 days of that decision. Those players already have forfeited their college eligibility.

Pash is optimistic.

WOW- San Diego could in theory make a killing- Draft Manning or Larry Fitz (He will be in the draft no matter what) , then when the suplimental draft comes around after the NFL draft- they use it on Mike Williams.

Thyat's two top picks in this deep draft.

Larceny!

that is ***** bullcrap if that happens.
                "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Ebenezer
                  Give me a minute...
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                  that is ***** bullcrap if that happens.
                  which is why the NFL will grandfather them in...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• TigerJ
                    • Jul 2002

If the league intends to grandfather them in, then why was the league trying to get a hearing before the draft?
                    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                      Give me a minute...
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TigerJ
                      If the league intends to grandfather them in, then why was the league trying to get a hearing before the draft?
                      in an attempt to keep them out but there is no way that they are going to allow one team to stack because of a legal ruling...and also to set precendent for the future...they have no option but to allow Williams in.

Comment

• Devin
                        The Octagon
                        • Apr 2003

Follow your favorite college teams and pro prospects. Join our crew of draft gurus and follow the NFL Draft here!

beat you. :)
                        http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• SoCalBillsFan
                          Expert on Experts
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mypoorfriendme

either a) you have to graduate to play a down in the NFL or b) as a citizen of the us, you have the right to declare yourself eligable for the draft whenever you damn well please
                          or C) the NFL is a private league that can accept or reject anyone it wants

If the court sides with the NFL, Mike Williams could apply for reinstatementinto the NCAA, but it's unlikely he'll get back in. He had poor grades, missed the entire semester, and I'm not sure he wants to come back to be honest, now that he's thinking NFL.

I think he'll end up in the NFL somehow

Comment

• kgun12
                            • Jul 2002

I hope Clarett doesn't get to play this year. Every time I read or hear a report about him he shows how immature he is mentally. If he is not ready mentally it won't matter if he is physically ready, which I also question.
                            Retired Air Traffic Controller
                            USAF VETERAN
                            DAV

Comment

Working...
                            X