PDA

View Full Version : Ruling could keep Clarett, Williams out

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
03-30-2004, 10:54 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1772226

Tatonka
03-30-2004, 11:05 PM
would mike williams be allowed to go back to school then? i wonder.. because he has an agent and everything now..

Ebenezer
03-30-2004, 11:09 PM
no clue...that will probably be the next lawsuit.

Dozerdog
03-30-2004, 11:14 PM
Pash said Tuesday that if the league gets a stay, then loses the appeal, it would hold a supplemental draft for Clarett and the others within 10 days of that decision. Those players already have forfeited their college eligibility.

Pash is optimistic.

WOW- San Diego could in theory make a killing- Draft Manning or Larry Fitz (He will be in the draft no matter what) , then when the suplimental draft comes around after the NFL draft- they use it on Mike Williams.

Thyat's two top picks in this deep draft.

Larceny!

mikemac2001
03-30-2004, 11:37 PM
This is just stupid, let the kids get drafted Change the rules for the next season so they cant use the loop whole and dont worry about it.

mypoorfriendme
03-31-2004, 12:33 AM
no...this rule is fine. look how many players actually used it...two. one deserved the draft and the other needed it because he couldnt go back to school. its not like high school kids will ever enter or mediocre sophomores and juniors.

either a) you have to graduate to play a down in the NFL or b) as a citizen of the us, you have the right to declare yourself eligable for the draft whenever you damn well please

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-31-2004, 08:08 AM
I see Williams and Clarrett getting grandfathered in and there will be a new rule established.

Tatonka
03-31-2004, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Pash said Tuesday that if the league gets a stay, then loses the appeal, it would hold a supplemental draft for Clarett and the others within 10 days of that decision. Those players already have forfeited their college eligibility.

Pash is optimistic.

WOW- San Diego could in theory make a killing- Draft Manning or Larry Fitz (He will be in the draft no matter what) , then when the suplimental draft comes around after the NFL draft- they use it on Mike Williams.

Thyat's two top picks in this deep draft.

Larceny!

that is ****** bullcrap if that happens.

Ebenezer
03-31-2004, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
that is ****** bullcrap if that happens.

which is why the NFL will grandfather them in...

TigerJ
03-31-2004, 08:41 AM
If the league intends to grandfather them in, then why was the league trying to get a hearing before the draft?

Ebenezer
03-31-2004, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by TigerJ
If the league intends to grandfather them in, then why was the league trying to get a hearing before the draft?

in an attempt to keep them out but there is no way that they are going to allow one team to stack because of a legal ruling...and also to set precendent for the future...they have no option but to allow Williams in.

Devin
03-31-2004, 09:50 AM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42116

beat you. :)

SoCalBillsFan
03-31-2004, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by mypoorfriendme

either a) you have to graduate to play a down in the NFL or b) as a citizen of the us, you have the right to declare yourself eligable for the draft whenever you damn well please

or C) the NFL is a private league that can accept or reject anyone it wants

If the court sides with the NFL, Mike Williams could apply for reinstatementinto the NCAA, but it's unlikely he'll get back in. He had poor grades, missed the entire semester, and I'm not sure he wants to come back to be honest, now that he's thinking NFL.

I think he'll end up in the NFL somehow

kgun12
03-31-2004, 11:43 PM
I hope Clarett doesn't get to play this year. Every time I read or hear a report about him he shows how immature he is mentally. If he is not ready mentally it won't matter if he is physically ready, which I also question.