PDA

View Full Version : Key to beat the Pats

kardshark19
03-31-2004, 05:49 AM
http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=691

This is Mularkey's first year as a head coach and he admits he hasn't done a lot of in-depth study of the teams in the division. But he has seen tapes of both of the Bills' games against the Patriots and has a pretty good grasp on what he's facing.

``Everybody in the league is attempting to do what they have done,'' said Mularkey, the former Steelers offensive coordinator. ``Don't beat yourself, and play disciplined, smart football. They play physical and they play smart. That's the kind of football I want us to play this year and I've already talked with the players about that.

``What the Patriots have accomplished has helped that because it supports what I've been saying to the players. What New England has done has really been impressive.''

I think if we run the ball, and play D like we did this year, we will be golden. I am so glad they don't have Big Ted in the middle now that we are a run-first team. :D

justasportsfan
03-31-2004, 08:18 AM
that's wha we did to ourselves practically the whole year. Drew forcing a pass to Moulds at the endzone against Miami broke our backs.

i hope Mularkey can fix this. We have the talent. The best way we are going to change things around is to not let Drew make decisions under pressure. Let the rb's do it and Drew will be fine handling the ball off and a few play actions here and there. Drew is great as long as he's not pressured.