PDA

View Full Version : Drew restructuring.. my opinion

Tatonka
03-31-2004, 09:09 AM
I was sitting here thinking about why Bledsoe hasnt resturctured his deal yet...

as it stands right now, sometime in November, Drew is due a roster bonus that will either activate or deactivate the rest of his deal.

The Bills can give him a 2 million dollar bonus, and it will void the rest of his contract, and he will count 8 million against the cap.. OR if they want to keep him and activate the rest of his contract, they have to give him a 7 million dollar bonus.

Do you think that TD is waiting until the draft to see what kind of QB we get (ie.. a high round guy like rivers/rothlisberger) or a middle round guy (smoker, clausen, harris, ect)?

Because my feeling is, that if they grab a high pick qb.. drew is getting his 2 mill and is gone.. even if he is playing great.. at least they have negotiation power.. because of the kid behind him.. say rivers.. they can say.. drew.. your playing great.. we would like to keep you.. but it has to be at a more reasonable price, because we are paying the rookie alot of money.. really.. he may not have a prayer of staying past this year if they draft ben or rivers..

if they draft a mid round qb, like smoker.. they are in a much better position to keep drew.. but still, i think it would have to be under a renegotiated deal. i cant see them paying out a 7 million dollar bonus in november, unless he is playing better than he every has, including the 97 season.

thoughts?

lordofgun
03-31-2004, 09:13 AM
I dunno. Ralph seems to REALLY REALLY REALLY like Drew. I remember at the end of the year, Ralph wouldn't put any blame on Drew, but rather on the entire rest of the team and coaches. I wouldn't put it past him to go over everyone's head and insist that Drew stays.

Halbert
03-31-2004, 09:24 AM
Well not Drew repeats anything close to last years' miserable season. But if he rebounds and is playing well there's no reason he couldn't start another couple years. A rookie QB wouldn't be ready until then anyway. But that 7 mil appears hard to swallow outside of anything except a probowl type season.

If he were to stay, what would his cap hit be, including the roster bonus? How would that compare to other starters in the league?

Tatonka
03-31-2004, 09:27 AM
well, that would put drew at 13 million this season.. that is crazy.. higher than peyton.

ryjam282
03-31-2004, 09:36 AM
I agree 100% T, good point. There is no way they can have that much tied up in 1 position

Devin
03-31-2004, 09:49 AM
I have had this thought for sometime T I think if TD manages to grab his guy (Rivers) or even Ben (doubtful) This is DB's last season.

Partly for his poor performance, but mainly because hes getting paid a WHOLE LOT of cash while being a mediocre QB.

Simple economics.

After a year a guy like rivers who went all 4 years in college will be ready to start.

DraftBoy
03-31-2004, 09:59 AM
I think regardless he is gone because if its a renogiated contract that means that if we cut him we still got a lot of money we will have to pay him and lose in dead cap space while at the same time if we give him his 2 million and then cut him we are pretty free of dead cap. I think Clump or Eb said something similar to that in an alternate thread.

Ebenezer
03-31-2004, 11:07 AM
I'm going to really turn the tables on you...it appears that the $7 mil bonus can only be amoratized over the next three years...therefore, unless cut before the season starts DB counts $8.2 mil on the cap if he gets the bonus and $7.9 mil against the cap if he does not...the difference is the money ($2.3 mil per year for 2005 and 2006) that is extended out into the future...If they renegotiate the contract it will only push money into the future that will count against 2005 and possibly 2006 anyway. With that in mind there appears to be no reason to renegotiate the contract. DB is on a one year tryout and if by 10/31 he sucks they just won't renew the deal.

Tatonka
03-31-2004, 11:11 AM
well then there is a silver lining..

either we get great qb play and win some games.. or else he is truely done in buffalo and we get a new qb finally.

sweet.

Earthquake Enyart
03-31-2004, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
I'm going to really turn the tables on you...it appears that the $7 mil bonus can only be amoratized over the next three years...therefore, unless cut before the season starts DB counts $8.2 mil on the cap if he gets the bonus and $7.9 mil against the cap if he does not...the difference is the money ($2.3 mil per year for 2005 and 2006) that is extended out into the future...If they renegotiate the contract it will only push money into the future that will count against 2005 and possibly 2006 anyway. With that in mind there appears to be no reason to renegotiate the contract. DB is on a one year tryout and if by 10/31 he sucks they just won't renew the deal.

Clump, please tell us what is really going on. :eek:

Tatonka
03-31-2004, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart

:lol:

chump and ed.

DraftBoy
03-31-2004, 11:23 AM

Translation??? Anyone??

Ebenezer
03-31-2004, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by DraftBoy
Translation??? Anyone??

Unless cut by the opener, DB will count almost the same against the cap whether he gets the $7 mil bonus or not.

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-31-2004, 11:29 AM
My thought it this..

The Bills as an organization have commited to Bledsoe, not only this season, but I feel they are going to pick up his option. I say this because of the hiring of Mularky. I think the organization felt that Mularky would bring Bledsoe back to respectability. They are also putting faith into that by hiring Sam Wyche. They are banking that the combination of their three new coaches Mularky, Wyche, and Clements will dramatically help Drew. That along with the thinking that McNally is going to improve their OL. I would almost bet that the hiring of Mularky had a lot to do with Bledsoe. I believe that the Bills wanted Weiss but knew that Bledsoe and him have bad history. TD has to like Drew and is willing to stake his reputation and his job that they can get Bledsoe back to an NFL caliber QB.

So, unless Bledsoe completely bombs this year I see the team picking up that option on his contract.

Romes
03-31-2004, 11:46 AM
I think the Bills will pay the $2 Million and let him be a FA after this season.

But I also think that if we draft a QB we might re-sign Bledsoe to a cheaper deal after he becomes a FA. He would atleast be a solid back-up and less of a strain against the team if he had a cheaper salary. Other teams may be scared away because of his age and recent struggles.

SABURZFAN
03-31-2004, 11:55 AM

:laughter:

Ebenezer
03-31-2004, 11:57 AM

That's a good question...he got that info the other day and hasn't been able to get clarification yet.

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-31-2004, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Romes
I think the Bills will pay the $2 Million and let him be a FA after this season.

But I also think that if we draft a QB we might re-sign Bledsoe to a cheaper deal after he becomes a FA. He would atleast be a solid back-up and less of a strain against the team if he had a cheaper salary. Other teams may be scared away because of his age and recent struggles.

No way I see Bledsoe sign anywhere to be a backup. If he signs somewhere it will be to start, if he is benched, that is one thing. He won't let that happen again.

Mr. Cynical
03-31-2004, 03:12 PM
Putting the The Reality of Drew aside and speaking solely of the money issue....

Unless there is some kind of massive restructuring, he is going to make a *minimum* of $8M this year no matter what unless he is cut. Why take that kind of hit on a "hope" he "miraculously" changes? Seriously now....Drew bashing aside...isn't $8M a bit much to invest in a risk like that? And if he does well and they renew the $7M, that is still insanely high for him no matter what he does from Sep - Nov.

Any way you look at it, unless something major changes or if he is cut, the Bills are in a terrible situation money wise.

Romes
03-31-2004, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by kal123
Putting the The Reality of Drew aside and speaking solely of the money issue....

Unless there is some kind of massive restructuring, he is going to make $8M this year no matter what unless he is cut. Why take that kind of hit on a "hope" he "miraculously" changes? Seriously now....Drew bashing aside...isn't $8M a bit much to invest in a risk like that? And if he does well and they renew the $7M, that is still insanely high for him no matter what he does from Sep - Nov.

Any way you look at it, unless something major changes or if he is cut, the Bills are in a terrible situation money wise.

I have asked you before and you haven't answered yet....how do you propose to spend the money saved this year if we cut Drew? Who is a better option at QB for this year?

We can afford to pay him this year, pay his $2 Mill bonus and then he will be a FA next year. With no dead money on our hands like we would have if we cut him.

Mr. Cynical
03-31-2004, 03:57 PM

I have asked you before and you haven't answered yet....how do you propose to spend the money saved this year if we cut Drew? Who is a better option at QB for this year?

We can afford to pay him this year, pay his $2 Mill bonus and then he will be a FA next year. With no dead money on our hands like we would have if we cut him.

I have answered before but I will do so again. Sign Kordell and draft a Rivers to back him up, and possibly get him some playing time so he can start in '05. This builds for the future for real, not using band-aids.

That leaves around $6M to spend on a WR, DE, C and any other spot that needs attention. Why waste it on a QB who will in all probability play no better than a QB who costs less than half of what he costs?

And I'm not so sure about the dead money situation if we cut him. Clump?! :D

BigZ
03-31-2004, 04:19 PM
IMHO, I think TD is waiting until the draft and maybe even the June 1 cuts to decide on Drew.

We get a stud rookie or decent (and cheap) veteran, then Drew's gone next year. If we get a QB in the 3rd round, then he get's Drew to restructure.

You don't restructure Drew's contract (and push some of this year's hurt into the future) if you don't plan on keeping him for the future.

TigerJ
03-31-2004, 05:25 PM
I don't pretend to know exactly how the draft is going to affect TD's decision on Drew, but it does appear he is waiting for it. It also appears the Bills are assuming Drew will start the 2004 season as the Bills starter. I'll assume Eb has it right about renegotiation not being an advantage. I think 2004 is probably a make or break season for Drew. TD looks like he has done everything possible to create the situation where he can be a success. If he isn't, I think TD will go to Ralph and admit he made a mistake in acquiring Drew. I can't believe Ralph would think a three year trial is not enough.

Marino13Phins
03-31-2004, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
I was sitting here thinking about why Bledsoe hasnt resturctured his deal yet...

as it stands right now, sometime in November, Drew is due a roster bonus that will either activate or deactivate the rest of his deal.

The Bills can give him a 2 million dollar bonus, and it will void the rest of his contract, and he will count 8 million against the cap.. OR if they want to keep him and activate the rest of his contract, they have to give him a 7 million dollar bonus.

Do you think that TD is waiting until the draft to see what kind of QB we get (ie.. a high round guy like rivers/rothlisberger) or a middle round guy (smoker, clausen, harris, ect)?

Because my feeling is, that if they grab a high pick qb.. drew is getting his 2 mill and is gone.. even if he is playing great.. at least they have negotiation power.. because of the kid behind him.. say rivers.. they can say.. drew.. your playing great.. we would like to keep you.. but it has to be at a more reasonable price, because we are paying the rookie alot of money.. really.. he may not have a prayer of staying past this year if they draft ben or rivers..

if they draft a mid round qb, like smoker.. they are in a much better position to keep drew.. but still, i think it would have to be under a renegotiated deal. i cant see them paying out a 7 million dollar bonus in november, unless he is playing better than he every has, including the 97 season.

thoughts?

bash bash drew sux bash bash

Romes
03-31-2004, 06:00 PM

I have answered before but I will do so again. Sign Kordell and draft a Rivers to back him up, and possibly get him some playing time so he can start in '05. This builds for the future for real, not using band-aids.

That leaves around $6M to spend on a WR, DE, C and any other spot that needs attention. Why waste it on a QB who will in all probability play no better than a QB who costs less than half of what he costs?

And I'm not so sure about the dead money situation if we cut him. Clump?! :D

OK, $6 Million on a WR, DE, C. anyone in particular? We are getting somewhere but you still didn't fully answer. Cause it seems everyone that would be worth that money is already signed.

Right now we already have $6 million say $4 million gets used for the draft. That leaves $2 Million on FA that is enough to sign a few back-ups and increase our depth.

Here are Bledsoe's stats:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?statsId=2359

Here are Stewart's:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?statsId=3117

You want to downgrade at QB then use the money we save on players that would not start anyway?

We can still draft Rivers and not have Bledsoe around next year by picking up his bonus. At the same time we can give Mularkey, Clements and Wyche a shot at making him better.

Dozerdog
03-31-2004, 07:25 PM

He answered my same question a few weeks back

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41009&highlight=bledsoe

Originally posted by Dozerdog
Clump (Or Eb)

Do you think it's entirely possible that TD will NOT rework Bledsoe's Salary?

Here is my "Theory"- please correct and/or give a dose of realism

If they rework the deal before the season, I'm assuming they wil reduce his salary but give him upfront money to be spread out over the length of the contract. (like a lot of reworked deals)

If that happens- and they chose to replace him in 2005 or 2006 with a draft pick or FA, then they will take a large cap hit from whatever money they gave Bledsoe up front if /when he is traded or released.

Do you think they will keep extra cap room open this season (less flexibility up front) for more flexibility in the coming seasons?

Originally posted by clumping platelets
At this point, I do not believe Bledsoe's deal will be re-worked. TD has clearly stayed on the sidelines with respect to the FA market because of how inflated it is this off-season and the market is drying up of those players teams wanted to add. There is still some good players available, but TD is clearly waiting for the prices to come down. This means to me that he's not going to re-work any deals to find additional cap space. Additional cap space will come from players released(Teague, Prioleau, AVP are all candidates).

By not re-doing Drew's deal now, they can assess his first half and decide if they want to pay the option to activate 2005-2007 or give him the $2 million buyout. The option is amortized at $1 from 2004-2010 (Drew's deal can be extended again with another option payment). If they chose to pay it, then, yes, the potential exists for a large "dead cap".

The last question is the most interesting to me. I do believe that part of the reason for inactivity on the part of TD is the future cap situation and future FA. We have a number of starters who will become UFA after 2004 and cap space will be needed to re-sign them. Among those players are Jonas Jennings, Aaron Schobel, and Pat Williams. Bledsoe could also be UFA if the option is not picked up. This could mean we need to add a QB as well. Hopefully, TD uses some 2004 cap space to re-sign one of the above and/or uses the "loophole" that basically allows teams to transfer cap space from one season to another (Vikings "gained" $14 million in 2004 using this "loophole" )

Mr. Cynical
03-31-2004, 07:31 PM

OK, $6 Million on a WR, DE, C. anyone in particular? We are getting somewhere but you still didn't fully answer. Cause it seems everyone that would be worth that money is already signed.

Right now we already have $6 million say $4 million gets used for the draft. That leaves $2 Million on FA that is enough to sign a few back-ups and increase our depth.

Here are Bledsoe's stats:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?statsId=2359

Here are Stewart's:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?statsId=3117

You want to downgrade at QB then use the money we save on players that would not start anyway?

We can still draft Rivers and not have Bledsoe around next year by picking up his bonus. At the same time we can give Mularkey, Clements and Wyche a shot at making him better.

We don't know what is going to happen on June 1, so that's one thing. And you say there isn't anyone left worth that money. Well if TD had been more agressive and cut him earlier we could have been in the running for those guys. But hey, that's water under the bridge at this point so no use in looking back now.

Why are you so willing to overpay Drew $8M? There's no law against *saving* money. Why spend it and waste it? And we really have no idea what the future will bring and it is always better to have cash available than not.

As for the stats comparisons....it's been gone over many times before. If you can look me straight in the face and say that Drew's numbers are worth over $6M more than Stewart's....well then I don't know what else to say. :idunno:

IMO, we may as well drop Drew's boat anchor now and start moving forward. A guy like Slash can do fine for now while we draft a Rivers and build to the future. I mean, Slash got to the pro bowl under MM/TC right? Why risk the $8M Drew Experiment if we know MM/TC/Slash already works?

Novacane
03-31-2004, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
My thought it this..

The Bills as an organization have commited to Bledsoe, not only this seasonT

Way to early to predict that. What if he bombs again? Do you really think they will pick up the option to give Mularky more time with him>?

Eb is right. Drew is on a 1 year tryout. What he does up to Oct 31 will determine TD's next move.

Novacane
03-31-2004, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly

No way I see Bledsoe sign anywhere to be a backup. If he signs somewhere it will be to start, if he is benched, that is one thing. He won't let that happen again.

He better turn it around then because if he repeats last season he will have to retire if he refuses to be a backup. NO one would hand him a starter job after back to back horrible seasons.

The_Philster
03-31-2004, 09:00 PM
Why are you so willing to overpay Drew $8M? There's no law against *saving* money. Why spend it and waste it? And we really have no idea what the future will bring and it is always better to have cash available than not.
Who said they were willing to pay Drew all that money? :huh: It looks like you're trying to make up things to argue about.

Mr. Cynical
03-31-2004, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
Who said they were willing to pay Drew all that money? :huh: It looks like you're trying to make up things to argue about.

Until we hear otherwise, he will make a minimum $8M unless he is cut. That number is on a factual, black and white contract and is going to happen until/if it is restructured or if he is cut.

Put another way, did you ever hear TD specifically say they absolutely *won't* pay him that money?

The Spaz
03-31-2004, 10:46 PM
oops

The_Philster
04-01-2004, 04:49 AM
Until we hear otherwise, he will make a minimum $8M unless he is cut. That number is on a factual, black and white contract and is going to happen until/if it is restructured or if he is cut.

Put another way, did you ever hear TD specifically say they absolutely *won't* pay him that money?

:scratch: I fail to see the names of any posters or references to any posts there. You didn't answer the question. If your issue is with Donahoe, arguing the point with fellow posters won't help your cause considering that I'd say a severe majority (95% or more) agree that Bledsoe doesn't deserve that kind of paycheck. Again...looks like you're trying to make up something to argue about.

Big M
04-01-2004, 05:58 AM
I see that Mort mentioned the DB contract situation in his ESPN chat Tuesday. He said the Bills have been talking to DB about a restructure. You can read it over on the ESPN website. Seems the process is already moving.

The Spaz
04-01-2004, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by Big M
I see that Mort mentioned the DB contract situation in his ESPN chat Tuesday. He said the Bills have been talking to DB about a restructure. You can read it over on the ESPN website. Seems the process is already moving.

Thanks for the heads up. Post more ofter as well.:up::beer:

Ickybaluky
04-01-2004, 06:51 AM
Here is the link to Mort's chat:

Mort (http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=5033)

The Buffalo-related items:

Steve (Buffalo): Mort, thanks for providing this forum. Was wondering what you would think about a OAK-BUF trade, Henry & No.1 for OAK No.1 & 2

Chris Mortensen: I'd be all for it, just so we'd have something to talk about. It's pretty creative, but I don't think the Raiders are going to bail out of that No. 2 slot. Not at all. And I've not heard of any talk that this is a possibility.

And:

Mini from Coudersport, PA: Mort, Are the Bills going to draft a QB? What will happen if Bledsoe has another rotten year?

Chris Mortensen: The Bills probably will draft a QB, and if Bledsoe has a bad year, I'd expect him to be gone. But I know the Bills are talking with Bledsoe's agent about restructuring his contract; they feel he will come back strong under Mike Mularkey's system. Still, a young guy probably will be added to the mix.

Novacane
04-01-2004, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by NE39
Here is the link to Mort's chat:

Mort (http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=5033)

The Buffalo-related items:

Steve (Buffalo): Mort, thanks for providing this forum. Was wondering what you would think about a OAK-BUF trade, Henry & No.1 for OAK No.1 & 2

Chris Mortensen: I'd be all for it, just so we'd have something to talk about. It's pretty creative, but I don't think the Raiders are going to bail out of that No. 2 slot. Not at all. And I've not heard of any talk that this is a possibility.

Gues Chris has not been lurking here at the zone:D

Mr. Cynical
04-01-2004, 09:20 AM
:scratch: I fail to see the names of any posters or references to any posts there. You didn't answer the question. If your issue is with Donahoe, arguing the point with fellow posters won't help your cause considering that I'd say a severe majority (95% or more) agree that Bledsoe doesn't deserve that kind of paycheck. Again...looks like you're trying to make up something to argue about.

:huh: You completely lost me on this one.

You asked me:

"Who said they were willing to pay Drew all that money?"

And I replied:

"Until we hear otherwise, he will make a minimum $8M unless he is cut. That number is on a factual, black and white contract and is going to happen until/if it is restructured or if he is cut."

So I ask you, what the @#$* am I making up?

The_Philster
04-01-2004, 03:31 PM
:huh: You completely lost me on this one.

You asked me:

"Who said they were willing to pay Drew all that money?"

And I replied:

"Until we hear otherwise, he will make a minimum $8M unless he is cut. That number is on a factual, black and white contract and is going to happen until/if it is restructured or if he is cut."

So I ask you, what the @#$* am I making up?

Why does this not surprise me? :snicker:Here's your original quote in response to a post from Romes

We don't know what is going to happen on June 1, so that's one thing. And you say there isn't anyone left worth that money. Well if TD had been more agressive and cut him earlier we could have been in the running for those guys. But hey, that's water under the bridge at this point so no use in looking back now.

I've been on this board since its inception and this is the first time I heard that Romes was actually Tom Donahoe ;)

Tatonka
04-01-2004, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Big M

i am not posting on this topic anymore. :snicker:

Throne Logic
04-01-2004, 04:08 PM
TD has everything to gain by waiting until after the draft to make a final decision about Drew and his contract. Restructuring now would create a potential CAP hit (if TD cuts him in May) that doesn't exist now.

I'm less concerned about the CAP hit for next year as I am about the annual salary amounts that are on the next section of Drew's contract. Weren't there double-digit salaries in there?

The_Philster
04-01-2004, 04:09 PM
So this is your last post in these types of threads?

i am not posting on this topic anymore. :snicker:

Tatonka
04-01-2004, 04:38 PM
So this is your last post in these types of threads?

yeap.. that was my last post. :snicker:

Mr. Cynical
04-01-2004, 04:40 PM

Why does this not surprise me? :snicker:Here's your original quote in response to a post from Romes

I've been on this board since its inception and this is the first time I heard that Romes was actually Tom Donahoe ;)

Ok, now you're just being a smart a** by playing with semantics. ;)

You zigged, I zagged....we miscommunicated...again...but it's all good.

The_Philster
04-01-2004, 04:43 PM
What was this then? :nana:

yeap.. that was my last post. :snicker:

Ok, now you're just being a smart a** by playing with semantics. ;)

You zigged, I zagged....we miscommunicated...again...but it's all good.
I was being straight. If you wanna ***** at Tom Donahoe for not resructuring Drew's contract (yet...he could still do so), ***** at him. Kinda silly to ***** at fellow posters for agreeing with you.

Tatonka
04-01-2004, 04:49 PM
What was this then? :nana:

it was my last post on a bledsoe thread.. i told you. :snicker:

Mr. Cynical
04-01-2004, 04:53 PM
I was being straight. If you wanna ***** at Tom Donahoe for not resructuring Drew's contract (yet...he could still do so), ***** at him. Kinda silly to ***** at fellow posters for agreeing with you.

Man, I just don't know what it is with you. :huh:

You are totally, completely misunderstanding my posts. And in all honesty, you've missed Romes' as well. I'm serious...go back to the beginning and follow our posts.

He was basically saying that there wasn't anywhere better at this point to spend the money. Read it. That is why I said "why are you so willing to overpay $8M on Drew?". So he *wasn't* agreeing with me. Where did he agree with me on this? He never agreed to cut Drew, save the money and spend it elsewhere. That's why I "*****ed" (as you put it) at him.

Romes
04-01-2004, 05:35 PM
For the record I do not think Drew is worth $8 million. I'd much rather not pay him that much.

My thing is that I feel Drew is our best option at QB this year. Rather than just throw this year down the toilet let the new coaches have a chance with Drew. We can afford Drew this year, I see no point in saving money. I haven't ever heard of a team saving money...almost all of them are right next to the cap by the time the season starts.

The_Philster
04-01-2004, 05:37 PM
For the record I do not think Drew is worth $8 million. I'd much rather not pay him that much.

That's what I was thinking. :idunno:

Mr. Cynical
04-01-2004, 06:28 PM
That's what I was thinking. :idunno:

This is what I mean Phil. Did you read the rest of his post?

My thing is that I feel Drew is our best option at QB this year. Rather than just throw this year down the toilet let the new coaches have a chance with Drew. We can afford Drew this year, I see no point in saving money. I haven't ever heard of a team saving money...almost all of them are right next to the cap by the time the season starts.

"We can afford Drew this year. I see no point in saving money."

Translation: He is willing to overpay Drew $8M this year.

I didn't say he thought he was "worth $8M". I said he is *willing* to overpay him this year.

That was and is my point from the start of this whole thing.

Where he and I disagree is that I feel we should either spend it elsewhere or save the cash. He feels we should pay Drew the money.

Hopefully it is clear now, although I'm not holding my breath. :)

The_Philster
04-01-2004, 06:57 PM
I understand where you got your idea now, junior :rolleyes:

The Spaz
04-01-2004, 07:29 PM
Hopefully it is clear now, although I'm not holding my breath.

Please do.

Mr. Cynical
04-01-2004, 07:37 PM
I understand where you got your idea now, junior :rolleyes:

I used a :) to end my post.

You used a :rolleyes: to end yours.

Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed today?

Mr. Cynical
04-01-2004, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz

Please do.

I'm overwhelmed by your wit.

The_Philster
04-01-2004, 07:42 PM
I used a :) to end my post.

You used a :rolleyes: to end yours.

Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed today?

I am constantly forced to be a magician at work and I get home to find out my zonebuck acount was robbed...when I had plans for that money in a few days :madfire:...then someone tries to come off like he's all superior and he's getting to be one of the more obnoxious people around anymore..about to join one other on ignore.

The Spaz
04-01-2004, 07:46 PM

I am constantly forced to be a magician at work and I get home to find out my zonebuck acount was robbed...when I had plans for that money in a few days :madfire:...then someone tries to come off like he's all superior and he's getting to be one of the more obnoxious people around anymore..about to join one other on ignore.

I think he's getting in the same category as juice and some fin fans.

The_Philster
04-01-2004, 07:46 PM

I was thinking someone else....on the radio.

The Spaz
04-01-2004, 07:47 PM

I'm overwhelmed by your wit.

You should be.:up: Last I hear from you. God Bless the ignore feature.

Mr. Cynical

Hey Phil, do whatever makes you happy. I don't need more stress in my life and I come here to have fun. Having someone call me a "loser" is bulls***, so I actually would prefer you put me on ignore and I'll do the same.

The Spaz

Ahh could be...:ape:

Mr. Cynical
04-01-2004, 07:49 PM

You and Phil will be nice and warm together in my ignore pool as well. Give each other a hug for me! :up:

Throne Logic
04-01-2004, 08:10 PM
well, this thread has gone down hill a bit . .

Tatonka
04-01-2004, 10:48 PM

you guys need to chill the **** out.. kal123 has been very pleasant while trying to explain to you the obvious.. you two especially, phil and spaz... you guys complain about people starting bledsoe threads more than the haters actually POST ON BLEDSOE... stay out of the thread.. just leave it alone, like you are preaching to everyone... and get off kals nuts.. the two of you are getting completely insultive for no reason.. and again.. he is staying calm and to the point..

jesus christ.

Tatonka
04-01-2004, 10:49 PM
and i get real ****ing tired of people constantly comparing everyone that they disagree with to wys.. it is ridiculous.. you guys are more obsessed with him, than he is with that worthless piece of **** qb we are overpaying for at least another year. he has literally been gone for months.. and every day there is another classless refrence or comparison of someone else on the board to him.

grow up.

:nospam:

Tatonka
04-01-2004, 11:06 PM
and kal.. stop posting on it!!! just take a break like you said you were going to.. like i am!!

Mr. Cynical
04-01-2004, 11:59 PM
and kal.. stop posting on it!!! just take a break like you said you were going to.. like i am!!

When you're right, you're right. :cheers:

I could use a break from all the :pound: for awhile anyway.

For the forseable future, I'll be an :angel2: and :gag: whenever I see the opportunity for a Drew post.

Tatonka
04-02-2004, 12:00 AM
:gag: is still antagonistic.

:tongue:

Mr. Cynical
04-02-2004, 12:08 AM
Really? My bad. I didn't mean it that way.

Was just trying to be funny with the smileys.... I just meant that I won't post on Drew for awhile, at least not until after the draft. No antagonism intended. :D