PDA

View Full Version : Return of the Slash?

Halbert
03-31-2004, 09:32 AM
Right now the signing of Stewart as the #2 seems like a good option for the Bills to consider. If they do sign him, Mularkey says he'd use him as sort of a "Slash-lite".

I agree with the coach that Stewart was most effective when he played that role. But Stewart has resisted that role and has been clear in the past that he didn't want to do that.

Would Stewart agree to that type of role in Buffalo?

Please, no wagering.

Do you think he'd be effective in that role? Or is he perhaps too old to do that anymore?

Would you like to see the Slash in a Bills uniform?

Bills are interested in Stewart with a slash

"I'm intrigued by Kordell because of some of the abilities he has to do some of the things we talk about," Mularkey said Tuesday at the NFL owners meetings. "I don't want to call it the slash role, but it's a little bit of that. To me, when he was the most popular player in the league, that's what he was doing best."

mchurchfie
03-31-2004, 10:31 AM
Stewart's options may be much more limited now...he might have to revive and go with the old Slash mystique again just to market himself again.

Captain gameboy
03-31-2004, 10:40 AM
I am unable to get over his performance in the AFC championship game against the Patriots, and a home game at that. I think it was horrible.
Can't stand him. Would hate for the Bills to sign him, in any capacity, for any figure.

Jan Reimers
03-31-2004, 10:50 AM
He's getting a little long in the tooth to be as effective in the "Slash" role as he once was. But if he can still scramble, roll out and run some, he might prove to be a nice change-of-pace backup for Drew. But a backup only.

Kordell has proven time and again that he is not an NFL starting QB.

The Spaz
03-31-2004, 10:55 AM
As a backup and at the right price I have no problem bringing him in. It also doesn't hinder us by drafting a QB if Drew gets hurt or plays poorly then Kordell will go in and not put a lot of pressure on the rookie.

Dantheman1280
03-31-2004, 11:00 AM
What about Travis Brown! he has potential!

The Spaz
03-31-2004, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Dantheman1280

:rofl::lol:

mchurchfie
03-31-2004, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Dantheman1280
He's been given quite a few chances to prove his potential and has come up short on most occasions. He totally :puke: all through Training Camp last year. Slash would be fine coming in as a backup and that's all. His best playing days are well behind him.

lordofgun
03-31-2004, 11:05 AM
NO. If Drew struggles, Kordell will be in there starting. That's the last thing anyone wants to see. :puke:

I'd rather bring in a rookie and let him take his lumps and learn on the job if Drew struggles.

Earthquake Enyart
03-31-2004, 11:07 AM
I'd rather see Gary Marangi brought back.

Or, gasp, even Chandler. :couch:

OpIv37
03-31-2004, 05:02 PM
Drew Bledsoe has issues, but replacing him with Kordell will not help this team. It would be at best a parallel move, and quite possibly a step backwards.

I'd reluctantly accept Kordell as a back-up because we desperately need a #2 and there isn't much else out there, but I really don't think he's any good.

Halbert
03-31-2004, 06:42 PM
If they can get him cheap I think he'd be an excellent #2 for a year or twof while they groom a rookie. Wouldn't want him as a regular starter.

Mr. Cynical
03-31-2004, 07:18 PM
:party: Kordell :party:

Sign him. Draft Rivers. Keep Brown.

That's 3 QBs. All set for this year and years to come. :D

The Spaz
03-31-2004, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by kal123
:party: Kordell :party:

Sign him. Draft Rivers. Keep Brown.

That's 3 QBs. All set for this year and years to come. :D

Now you're being irrational.

Mr. Cynical
03-31-2004, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz

Now you're being irrational.

Someone has to. ;)

Seriously though...I gotta be honest and say if they did that, I would support it 1000%. IMO it's the best plan available to us. MM/TC/Slash worked before, so why not try it again until we get Rivers in there the following year. Sure, it's not my dream scenario but better than taking it up the a** with a golden dildo for $8M. ;)