PDA

View Full Version : Kordell a Reciver?

Bled2Hen
03-31-2004, 04:37 PM
It has been said by Mike Mularky, that former Steeler QB Kordell Stewart would be used as a Reciver, or even a running back, if he was to sign with the bills. He said he would play every single game in 2004 if he was to sign. Coach Mularky doesnt want Kordell to sign with the team to compete with D-Bled. He just wants an expierienced back up QB just in case anything happenes to Drew.

I say sign him. He is quick, Im not sure if he has hands, but its not like we are going to use him 35 plays out of the whole game. I also like this because it could open up some trick plays for us. Maybe Bledsoe drops back, pithces it to Kordell, and Kordell throws the ball to Moulds or whoever. I am for this, I think it could work, How about you guys?

Mr. Cynical
03-31-2004, 04:46 PM
Sign Kordell. Cut Drew.

That's what I think.

The Spaz
03-31-2004, 04:48 PM
Where did you here this link?

The Spaz
03-31-2004, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by kal123
Sign Kordell. Cut Drew.

That's what I think.

I think if you think that then you have problems.

saviorbledsoe
03-31-2004, 05:05 PM
I would love to see some trickery in the playcalling. Imagine the possibilities already with Mcgahee and Henry lined up in the backfield............now we put Kordel out there as a receiver but wait ,,,,,,,,,,,is it a run, a pass, a screen, a reverse............no its a pitch back from Drew to Kordel...........is he going to run, pass,............endless opportunities on offense!

Buffatexas
03-31-2004, 05:23 PM
I am so with savior on that one...that would definitely change things if we could pull it off

Bled2Hen
03-31-2004, 05:35 PM
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20040331/2003532.asp

there is the link.

The Spaz
03-31-2004, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Bled2Hen
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20040331/2003532.asp

there is the link.

Ok cool. Thanks.:up:

mightyspaz
03-31-2004, 05:38 PM
Haha .. i just posted it from another site .. lol
http://www.billsdaily.com/news/index.shtml

Bled2Hen
03-31-2004, 05:40 PM
by the way, kal, get off the bong and the crack, because if you think that Kordell is better than Drew, ha, you must be on something.

helmetguy
03-31-2004, 06:37 PM
Stewart was initially drafted as a QB, but was listed as a WR when he made the final roster. It was a little loophole Pittsburgh used in order to carry a fourth QB on their 53-man roster.

Tatonka
03-31-2004, 06:49 PM
Sign Kordell. Cut Drew.

That's what I think.

i thought you said you were going to let it rest a while? :scratch: what was that.. 3 hours? :snicker:

Originally posted by saviorbledsoe
I would love to see some trickery in the playcalling. Imagine the possibilities already with Mcgahee and Henry lined up in the backfield............now we put Kordel out there as a receiver but wait ,,,,,,,,,,,is it a run, a pass, a screen, a reverse............no its a pitch back from Drew to Kordel...........is he going to run, pass,............endless opportunities on offense!

wow.. we agree on something. ;)

dont worry.. if you watched any of pitts offense.. you know that they loved to throw in trick plays.. you will see plenty this year.

The Spaz
03-31-2004, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka

i thought you said you were going to let it rest a while? :scratch: what was that.. 3 hours? :snicker:

wow.. we agree on something. ;)

dont worry.. if you watched any of pitts offense.. you know that they loved to throw in trick plays.. you will see plenty this year.

You will also see the trick plays used at the proper times not at the goalline etc.

Mr. Cynical
03-31-2004, 06:59 PM
by the way, kal, get off the bong and the crack, because if you think that Kordell is better than Drew, ha, you must be on something.

Gee, this coming from a guy named "Bled2Hen". What a shocker. :rolleyes:

Mr. Cynical
03-31-2004, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz

I think if you think that then you have problems.

Good for you! :up:

The Spaz
03-31-2004, 07:01 PM

Good for you! :up:

I know!:biggrin:

Mr. Cynical
03-31-2004, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka

I know. :o:

What can I say....I thought I could do it but c'est la vie. ;)

ShadowHawk7
03-31-2004, 07:10 PM
MM said that he used Kordell as a limited WR and RB in '95 and '96, any stats on that? That would be really awesome seeing trick plays w/ him at those other positions. As a QB, I think this is KS's last shot at football, and he should sign immediatly. There aren't any teams that don't have a starting QB, and prolly no team would want him as a full-time starter anyway. He should accept his reality as a backup now.

Bled2Hen
03-31-2004, 07:32 PM
yea, in 1995 and 1996 he started at WR, just twice in those 2 years each. These were his numbers.

1995- started 2 games, 14 REC. for 235 yds. 1 td 16.8 yds average, longest REC. 71 yds.

1996- started 2 games, 17 REC. for 293 yds. 3 td's 17.2 yds average, longest REC. 48 yds.

ShadowHawk7
03-31-2004, 08:16 PM
Nice find Bled. Those are pretty great stats for a QB lining up as a reciever. Of course that was 8 years ago, but I would love him as a temporary backup.

Turf
03-31-2004, 09:05 PM
I credit Mularkey with being up front. When's the last time a Buffalo coach didn't spew a bunch of BS, and just told it like it is. Drews the guy, you're the backup, you'll also be a runner/receiver. We're going to draft and groom a QB.
Refreshing to say the least.

The_Philster
03-31-2004, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
Ok cool. Thanks.:up:

Shoulda just looked at the front page. :shakeno:

STAMPY
03-31-2004, 09:09 PM
yea, in 1995 and 1996 he started at WR, just twice in those 2 years each. These were his numbers.

1995- started 2 games, 14 REC. for 235 yds. 1 td 16.8 yds average, longest REC. 71 yds.

1996- started 2 games, 17 REC. for 293 yds. 3 td's 17.2 yds average, longest REC. 48 yds.

those stats are pretty damn good, i wonder y he never stayed a receiver... or nobody tried to get him to try it out again

ShadowHawk7
03-31-2004, 10:05 PM
A 17 yard average, and a long on 71 yards???
Peerless who??
:jk:

RedEyE
03-31-2004, 10:22 PM
Most of that article was just plain junk. Stewart isn't ready to accept a role as a back-up, yet he has absolutely no issues being plugged in as a WR / RB? :scratch: Am I missing something here?

K. Stewart will be nothing more than a backup. I don't want a washed up QB mixing in on offensive plays. It's not necessary. What does Kordell bring to the table taht current players can't?

Here is the best part of the article:
"My gut feeling is I'm not sure he's ready to accept a backup role. I emphasized to him pretty much point blank that this is not a come in and compete for the starting job (opportunity). We're looking for an experienced quarterback, who if something happened to Drew, we'd feel comfortable with. I've told him we're probably going to bring somebody in (via the draft) to groom. There's a good chance of that."

Basically and politely stated: "Kordell, take a job on the bench or get to stepping. "

cordog
04-01-2004, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by ShadowHawk7
MM said that he used Kordell as a limited WR and RB in '95 and '96, any stats on that? That would be really awesome seeing trick plays w/ him at those other positions. As a QB, I think this is KS's last shot at football, and he should sign immediatly. There aren't any teams that don't have a starting QB, and prolly no team would want him as a full-time starter anyway. He should accept his reality as a backup now.

I watched alot of Steeler games in 95, and they did some great stuff with him in there. I believe that year he had a TD pass, td run, td catch and a punt all over 50 yds.