PDA

View Full Version : Mock Draft puts Rivers In Buffalo

mightyspaz
03-31-2004, 05:31 PM
13) Buffalo Bills - QB Philip Rivers ... North Carolina State

The Bills have little depth behind QB Drew Bledsoe, who is coming off a poor 2003 performance. Rivers has great size and good arm strength. More importantly, Rivers is a winner. He played very well in the Senior Bowl and definitely elevated his stock.

Mock Draft, by Bob Fox (http://story.theinsiders.com/a.z?s=68&p=2&c=248080)

I am really torn on taking a WR, QB, or DE in the first round.
Let's sign a back up QB and a Fast veteren WR. Then draft Will Smith First round, and pick up a young QB and WR later in the draft!

ArcticWildMan
03-31-2004, 05:46 PM
Will Smith at 13 is a reach. Maybe down in the mid 20's if we trade down, but not with our 13th spot.

Big Ben will fall to us at 13 and TD will jump all over him. You watch! :up:

McBFLO
03-31-2004, 06:22 PM
will smith wont be there in the mid 20s. minnesota will take them at 19.

McBFLO
03-31-2004, 06:22 PM
him i mean

Dozerdog
03-31-2004, 06:32 PM
I'm officially endorsing OT Shawn Andrews as the Bills#1 pick

The Spaz
03-31-2004, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog

I wouldn't mind taking him if we move down a bit and are still able to get him say about the 19th pick.:snicker::evil:

Bled2Hen
03-31-2004, 06:39 PM
I have a feeling that we are going to draft an unexpected player. A good player, but not somebody that we have all mentioned, like rivers, Big ben, or any of the wide recievers. I think Buffalo might even go with a OT or a TE. If i was Donahoe I would take the best available player. IMO, Ben is out in Arizona, Rivers is out in Pittsburgh. So I think that leaves Will Smith, Keneth Udeze, ( not sure how to spell his name correctly ), Mike Williams, or whoever is the best available WR at that time. I hope we get a WR, but I think we are going to be shocked, just like last year.

The Spaz
03-31-2004, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Bled2Hen
I have a feeling that we are going to draft an unexpected player. A good player, but not somebody that we have all mentioned, like rivers, Big ben, or any of the wide recievers. I think Buffalo might even go with a OT or a TE. If i was Donahoe I would take the best available player. IMO, Ben is out in Arizona, Rivers is out in Pittsburgh. So I think that leaves Will Smith, Keneth Udeze, ( not sure how to spell his name correctly ), Mike Williams, or whoever is the best available WR at that time. I hope we get a WR, but I think we are going to be shocked, just like last year.

TD always takes the best available player.

mypoorfriendme
03-31-2004, 06:48 PM
which is why i will love our first round pick...it for sure wont be a reach atleast not in TD's mind

ShadowHawk7
03-31-2004, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by ArcticWildMan

:eek: No, I don't think I will. :eek:

mypoorfriendme
03-31-2004, 07:46 PM
question is...has rivers passed roethlesburger on peoples list, especially the steelers

BillsRockSOMUCH
03-31-2004, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by mypoorfriendme
question is...has rivers passed roethlesburger on peoples list, especially the steelers

After Roethlisberger's pro day I see no friggin way how you can rate Rivers higher.

Tatonka
03-31-2004, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
Will Smith at 13 is a reach. Maybe down in the mid 20's if we trade down, but not with our 13th spot.

i really dont think smith is a reach. :idunno:

Originally posted by Dozerdog

i would buy that if mcnally didnt already say that he was completely set at the tackle spots.. i just dont know if they toss him in at guard.. but i wouldnt not be unhappy. thats for sure.

Originally posted by Bled2Hen
I have a feeling that we are going to draft an unexpected player. A good player, but not somebody that we have all mentioned, like rivers, Big ben, or any of the wide recievers.

it is going to be a DT.

watch.

mypoorfriendme
03-31-2004, 09:24 PM
im hoping for darnell dockett in rd 2, hes not quite ready to play yet, and we can afford to have him sit for a couple years.

unless of course harris falls

Mr. Cynical
03-31-2004, 11:11 PM
I bet he will draft a kicker. Watch.

:drinker: