PDA

View Full Version : First Overall Pick

mypoorfriendme
04-01-2004, 01:43 AM
for what it means, ESPN just reported that unless a blockbuster trade is offered, san diego will not trade down their first overall pick.

Dozerdog
04-01-2004, 01:48 AM
I find it interesting that the Chargers have not entered into negotiations with their pick. First picks are usualy given the green light and get signed weeks before the draft-

Carson Palmer, Carr, Vick- they all were signed early

SoCalBillsFan
04-01-2004, 03:09 AM
Vick? I thought he went to the falcons on a draft day blockbuster trade...

The_Philster
04-01-2004, 05:09 AM
Originally posted by SoCalBillsFan
Vick? I thought he went to the falcons on a draft day blockbuster trade...

THe trade of picks was completed April 20th, 2001. The draft that year was April 21-22

TigerJ
04-01-2004, 07:22 AM
Schottenheimer was quoted in some article saying how much he was impressed with Roethlisberger, though he liked Manning too. It's clear to me he prefers the big guy from Miami of Ohio. f they eventually decide on him, draft him, and he turns out to be another Ryan Leaf, they will not only can his butt in San Diego, they may hang the head coach too.

ryjam282
04-01-2004, 07:30 AM
I have a friend who is a G-Men fan and he says he heard the Giants are talking to the Chargers about moving up and taking Manning. I don't know why they would but that is what he tells me.

Novacane
04-01-2004, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
I find it interesting that the Chargers have not entered into negotiations with their pick. First picks are usualy given the green light and get signed weeks before the draft-

Carson Palmer, Carr, Vick- they all were signed early

No usually this early though. The article says they will wait until the 14th to hear offers and if they don't get a blockbuster offer they will decide who they want and start negotiations.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft04/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=1772513

Novacane
04-01-2004, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by ryjam282
I have a friend who is a G-Men fan and he says he heard the Giants are talking to the Chargers about moving up and taking Manning. I don't know why they would but that is what he tells me.

John Clayton said the same thing