PDA

View Full Version : Bills talking with Peerless about new deal??

clumping platelets
10-17-2002, 10:34 PM
The USA TODAY reports there are some indications the Buffalo Bills have approached WR Peerless Price's agent to begin negotiations on a long-term contract with the potential 2003 free agent

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/bills/home.htm

At the bottom of the article

:clap:

RedEyE
10-17-2002, 10:38 PM
TD rules!!! :pray: Take the deal PP.

The_Philster
10-18-2002, 03:15 AM
I really have had little faith that Peerless would stay in Buffalo past this season but can you just imagine? Moulds, Price, and Reed sticking together for another 3-4 years or more? :D

JayWood
10-18-2002, 09:03 AM
I think he is going to stay, go get it done TD!!!!

Pride
10-18-2002, 09:06 AM
Price will stay as long as Bledsoe is here. He is currently the #1 receiver, like he always wanted.

Ebenezer
10-18-2002, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Pride
Price will stay as long as Bledsoe is here. He is currently the #1 receiver, like he always wanted.

Moulds is the go to guy on 3rd down and he gets more money...he is #1...

THATHURMANATOR
10-18-2002, 09:18 AM
They are almost co #1s so far this season!

Kelly The Dog
10-18-2002, 09:25 AM
If i were Peerless i may think about a two-tiered deal with the Bills with as big a signing bonus as he can get with a second tier Bills option after three years. He will get great money, almost all up front, have these three years (likely) with Drew, Moulds and Josh, and if he is as productive as he should be, he will be right in his prime as a pro and get a second enormous contract either from the Bills on the second tier option or going out in FA at age 28 or so. If he goes 4-5 years with the Bills or others, it will likely be his last big one.

LtBillsFan66
10-18-2002, 09:37 AM
:hump:

blcny
10-18-2002, 10:02 AM
I think he'll stay. Why leave? He is one of the stars on a top 5 offense. Hopefully winning is more important then money. After the last couple of seasons he knows what it is like to lose. I think he wants to win more then cash in for the $.

Ebenezer
10-18-2002, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by blcny
Why leave

even more money.

Tatonka
10-18-2002, 10:54 AM
if he leaves cuz he wants 4 mill instead of 3.25 or whatever.. good ridance.. we dont need money hungry pigs here.. we need guys that want to come together for the good of the team.. to win a bowl..

ask about any player at the end of their career, which was better.. the extra 2 million you made on top of the 10 you already had in the bank.. or that big fat superbowl ring on your hand?

i think your answer would be overwhelming.

ct bills fan
10-18-2002, 11:58 AM
It makes sense - the Bills have $2 million in cap space left this year that they can put towards a signing bonus if they sign PP during the season. If not, the $2 million will essentially be forfeited.

Ebenezer
10-18-2002, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by ct bills fan
It makes sense - the Bills have $2 million in cap space left this year that they can put towards a signing bonus if they sign PP during the season. If not, the $2 million will essentially be forfeited.

they wouldn't have to use the whole pot because any new signing bonus would be amortorized...not only that you don't want to deplete it because then you have money for injury replacements.

Judge
10-18-2002, 12:13 PM
Price might be willing to accept a little less cash for a chance to play on a ptentially all-time great NFL offense.

Didn't Moulds take lower $$ to stay here and enjoy the continuity of being the big man on campus and forego bigger $$ elsewhere?

Ebenezer
10-18-2002, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Judge
Price might be willing to accept a little less cash for a chance to play on a ptentially all-time great NFL offense.

Didn't Moulds take lower $$ to stay here and enjoy the continuity of being the big man on campus and forego bigger $$ elsewhere?

that is correct...but $40 mil was nothing to sneeze at either.

venis2k1
10-18-2002, 12:34 PM
winfeild would be better to resign, but if we can do both...that would be great.

ublinkwescore
10-18-2002, 12:54 PM
We should be able to do both. I'd say that we should sell all our draft picks (except for the number 1 - NE already has that one), and put the money towards getting us some veteran Depth, resigning key players like winfield and price, and get us a Holecek or someone to replace Robinson at the end of the year if we decide to not resign him - I bet he'll get resigned though simply because he knows the D scheme - which I hope will be scrapped unless I see some major progress with the D in the next two weeks.

Kelly The Dog
10-18-2002, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
if he leaves cuz he wants 4 mill instead of 3.25 or whatever.. good ridance.. we dont need money hungry pigs here.. we need guys that want to come together for the good of the team.. to win a bowl..

ask about any player at the end of their career, which was better.. the extra 2 million you made on top of the 10 you already had in the bank.. or that big fat superbowl ring on your hand?

i think your answer would be overwhelming.

That's kind of an unfair hypothetical. The players don't know if they're going to win a Super Bowl when they sign their deal. In every other business your life span is 30-40 years but pro sports it's more like 3-4. They have to make their money while they can and 80% of the players dont ever win a Super Bowl. Sure if you asked them after the fact if the Bowl was worth it you'd get your overwhelming response like you suggested but most would be better off taking the 12 not 10 million in your scenario.

BillsNYC
10-18-2002, 02:21 PM
if i was peerless i'd make td promice me he was gonna bring some solid def players in and improve our joke of a defence!