Bills talking with Peerless about new deal??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clumping platelets
    • Jun 2024

Bills talking with Peerless about new deal??

The USA TODAY reports there are some indications the Buffalo Bills have approached WR Peerless Price's agent to begin negotiations on a long-term contract with the potential 2003 free agent

At the bottom of the article

• RedEyE
    • Jul 2002

TD rules!!! Take the deal PP.

Comment

• The_Philster
      • Jul 2002

I really have had little faith that Peerless would stay in Buffalo past this season but can you just imagine? Moulds, Price, and Reed sticking together for another 3-4 years or more?
      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• JayWood
        The Professor
        • Jul 2002

I think he is going to stay, go get it done TD!!!!
        When you are at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on tight!!!

Comment

• Pride
          • Jul 2002

Price will stay as long as Bledsoe is here. He is currently the #1 receiver, like he always wanted.

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Pride
            Price will stay as long as Bledsoe is here. He is currently the #1 receiver, like he always wanted.

Moulds is the go to guy on 3rd down and he gets more money...he is #1...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
              • Jul 2002

They are almost co #1s so far this season!

Comment

• Kelly The Dog
                • Jul 2002

If i were Peerless i may think about a two-tiered deal with the Bills with as big a signing bonus as he can get with a second tier Bills option after three years. He will get great money, almost all up front, have these three years (likely) with Drew, Moulds and Josh, and if he is as productive as he should be, he will be right in his prime as a pro and get a second enormous contract either from the Bills on the second tier option or going out in FA at age 28 or so. If he goes 4-5 years with the Bills or others, it will likely be his last big one.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                  • Jul 2002

Comment

• blcny
                    • Jul 2002

I think he'll stay. Why leave? He is one of the stars on a top 5 offense. Hopefully winning is more important then money. After the last couple of seasons he knows what it is like to lose. I think he wants to win more then cash in for the $.
                    LET"S GO BUFFALO!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Ebenezer
                      Give me a minute...
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by blcny
                      Why leave
                      even more money.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Tatonka
                        • Jul 2002

if he leaves cuz he wants 4 mill instead of 3.25 or whatever.. good ridance.. we dont need money hungry pigs here.. we need guys that want to come together for the good of the team.. to win a bowl..

ask about any player at the end of their career, which was better.. the extra 2 million you made on top of the 10 you already had in the bank.. or that big fat superbowl ring on your hand?

i think your answer would be overwhelming.
                        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• ct bills fan
                          • Jul 2002

It makes sense - the Bills have $2 million in cap space left this year that they can put towards a signing bonus if they sign PP during the season. If not, the $2 million will essentially be forfeited.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                            Give me a minute...
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ct bills fan
                            It makes sense - the Bills have $2 million in cap space left this year that they can put towards a signing bonus if they sign PP during the season. If not, the $2 million will essentially be forfeited.

they wouldn't have to use the whole pot because any new signing bonus would be amortorized...not only that you don't want to deplete it because then you have money for injury replacements.

Comment

• Judge
                              • Aug 2002

Price might be willing to accept a little less cash for a chance to play on a ptentially all-time great NFL offense.

Didn't Moulds take lower $$ to stay here and enjoy the continuity of being the big man on campus and forego bigger $$ elsewhere?
                              Argue like hell. Keep it clean. And when it's over, shake hands and root for our team!

Comment

Working...
                              X