PDA

View Full Version : Northcutt is Leaving Cleveland

mightyspaz
04-01-2004, 03:15 PM
Agent: Northcutt will never play for Browns again
April 01, 2004

Cleveland (AP) — The agent who failed to file paperwork that would have made Dennis Northcutt a free agent says the wide receiver will never play for the Browns again. Frustrated by the Browns’ refusal to trade Northcutt to Baltimore, agent Jerome Stanley on Wednesday said the team was hurting his client’s career. “Dennis Northcutt will never play for the Cleveland Browns again, under any circumstances,” Stanley said from Palm Beach, Fla., at the NFL meetings. “If they trade him to any team other than Baltimore, he will not report.” Browns president Carmen Policy said Stanley is “covering up for his mistakes” and should be trying to persuade Northcutt to return to the Browns. He said if Northcutt wants to follow Stanley’s advice and abandon his career “that’s his decision to make.” The Browns contend Northcutt and Stanley failed to comply with the stipulation that they inform the club by certified mail of their intentions to void the remaining three years of his deal. Instead of signing a multimillion dollar deal elsewhere, Northcutt remains in Cleveland for the next three years, averaging about $700,000 a year. Since the mix-up last month, Northcutt has been trying to get traded to the Ravens, an AFC North rival. Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome declined comment. The Browns play the Ravens twice during the regular season. “Why would we trade him to the team in our division that we have to chase?” Policy said. “Why help them get better?”

So tadre Him outside of the Division... To BUFFALO!
I'm keeping my fingers crossed. We could deal with him for $700,000 a year!

I know Some of you guys wanna see this happen!

Earthquake Enyart
04-01-2004, 03:19 PM
Pass. He's nothing special.

The Spaz
04-01-2004, 03:27 PM
He wants to be traded to Baltimore and if he is deal to another team besides the Ravens then his agent said he won't report.

mightyspaz
04-01-2004, 03:31 PM
Where'd you hear that ? ..... I didn't think he was that Whiny!

The Spaz
04-01-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by mightyspaz
Where'd you hear that ? ..... I didn't think he was that Whiny!

WNSA radio.

Bill Brasky
04-01-2004, 03:34 PM
he can offer us nothing

Throne Logic
04-01-2004, 04:10 PM
Assuming his agent is telling the whole truth, then why would we ever want someone with that kind of attitude.

He's a known head case. This only adds more evidence.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
04-01-2004, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
He wants to be traded to Baltimore and if he is deal to another team besides the Ravens then his agent said he won't report.

I think he's from Baltimore if he is wouldn't you think that he would want to play for his hometown team. :scratch:

The Spaz
04-01-2004, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by BillsChampsin04

I think he's from Baltimore if he is wouldn't you think that he would want to play for his hometown team. :scratch:

It's a demand not a request and threatened any other team that trades for him he wouldn't report.

The Natrix
04-01-2004, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by mightyspaz
Where'd you hear that ?

In your original post!

By the way, you need to add a day to your draft countdown. :up:

Dantheman1280
04-01-2004, 07:33 PM
Northcutt would be a extreme improvment at return man

The Spaz
04-01-2004, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Dantheman1280