PDA

View Full Version : Latest draft rumors from ESPN insider

Novacane
04-01-2004, 08:52 PM
Trade rumors are heating up, and it sounds as if the Giants are the team most interested in aquiring this pick for Manning. Our sources tell us the Chargers would gladly make the deal for a second round pick this year and another second rounder in 2005

Goes on to say Chargers would take Big Ben at #4 if this trade was made

Raiders will likely get a handsome offer from Cleveland trying to trade up for Gallery. If they don't take it sources are saying they will pass on Fitzgerald and take Roy Williams from Texas.

The Spaz
04-01-2004, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
Trade rumors are heating up, and it sounds as if the Giants are the team most interested in aquiring this pick for Manning. Our sources tell us the Chargers would gladly make the deal for a second round pick this year and another second rounder in 2005

Goes on to say Chargers would take Big Ben at #4 if this trade was made

Raiders will likely get a handsome offer from Cleveland trying to trade up for Gallery. If they don't take it sources are saying they will pass on Fitzgerald and take Roy Williams from Texas.

Wow! I love draft time!:up::beer:

The Natrix
04-01-2004, 09:20 PM
Mike and the Mad Dogg were saying San Diego wants a QB and they see Manning, Rivers and Roethlisberger as equal prospects.

So obviously they are looking to trade out of their spot.

I am really starting to think that those three are going to be gone by the time the Bills pick (assuming Buffalo stays put) :(. I bet TD doesn't hesitate to grab one if one or more of them are there though.

BillsRockSOMUCH
04-01-2004, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by The Natrix
Mike and the Mad Dogg were saying San Diego wants a QB and they see Manning, Rivers and Roethlisberger as equal prospects.

I am really starting to think that those three are going to be gone by the time the Bills pick (assuming Buffalo stays put). :sad: I bet TD doesn't hesitate to grab one if one or more of them are there though.

I agree, BUT A QB MUST FALL TO US!!! :chair:

juice
04-01-2004, 09:24 PM

I am really starting to think that those three are going to be gone by the time the Bills pick (assuming Buffalo stays put) :(. I bet TD doesn't hesitate to grab one if one or more of them are there though.

I heard they want Rivers.

The Natrix
04-01-2004, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by juice

I heard they want Rivers.

Yeah, that's what they said. They would be just as happy with Rivers as they would be with the other two.

qcsabresfan84
04-01-2004, 09:30 PM

Yeah, that's what they said. They would be just as happy with Rivers as they would be with the other two.

so if this trade goes through and the giants take manning, if the raiders decide to grap Roeethlisberger second, then Rivers would be gone by the fourth pick.

juice
04-01-2004, 09:32 PM
My info. came from someone with access to Rivers and they said SD was thinking of vacating their spot to get him.. and that they were bending over backwards to show his agent that Rivers is their main target.

The Spaz
04-01-2004, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by qcsabresfan84

so if this trade goes through and the giants take manning, if the raiders decide to grap Roeethlisberger second, then Rivers would be gone by the fourth pick.

You know what that means though? A WR will be falling.:up:

qcsabresfan84
04-01-2004, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz

You know what that means though? A WR will be falling.:up:
Oh man, so many possible twists and turns! I can't wait for draft day.

L.A. Playa
04-01-2004, 09:37 PM
I think the Bills are in a win win win win situation in the draft this year, if there is a run at WR then the Bills could get either Rivers or Ben R which as I have thought of it is a good thing if there is a run on QB then the Bills could get Mike or Roy Williams if there is a run on QB and WR then maybe Winslow drops, if all else fails then ther eis udeze

mikemac2001
04-01-2004, 09:58 PM
peyton just sounds so dumb

mypoorfriendme
04-01-2004, 10:14 PM
last night on espn they reported that schotenheimer said theyre not going to trade down unless they are confronted with a "blockbuster trade"

Tatonka
04-01-2004, 11:22 PM
there will be at least 2 trades i think before our 13th pick..

and it is going to shake up the whole draftboard.

The Natrix
04-01-2004, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by mypoorfriendme
last night on espn they reported that schotenheimer said theyre not going to trade down unless they are confronted with a "blockbuster trade"

Travis Henry?

:couch:

Dozerdog
04-01-2004, 11:40 PM
Travis Henry?

:couch:

Why would Schottenheimer trade for Henry when he's got the best RB in the league?????

mypoorfriendme
04-01-2004, 11:51 PM
thats what worries me....if big ben or roy williams happens to fall to 13, someone will trade up before our pick...god i cant wait til draft day

Tatonka
04-01-2004, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Why would Schottenheimer trade for Henry when he's got the best RB in the league?????

willis mcgahee plays for the bills, not san diego :snicker:

mypoorfriendme
04-02-2004, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka

willis mcgahee plays for the bills, not san diego :snicker:

:bf1:

:beer:

ryjam282
04-02-2004, 07:21 AM
:lolcry:

I love draft time. It always gets people so riled up. No one really has any idea what is going to happen. I too, enjoy all the speculation and know for a fact that if Rivers is there he will be a Bill. If not, we will trade down and take either a WR or Vernon Carey. That, I believe it money in the bank.....There is no one else that will be available for us at #13 that is a need pick....Maybe one of the Williams (Not Serena or Venus though)

casdhf
04-02-2004, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by juice
My info. came from someone with access to Rivers and they said SD was thinking of vacating their spot to get him.. and that they were bending over backwards to show his agent that Rivers is their main target.

Was it Brian H?

juice
04-02-2004, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by casdhf
Was it Brian H?

No a classmate. Who is Brian H.. Does he know Rivers? If he does maybe YOU can get some insight.. Cool Dude.