Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • baalworship
    • May 2003

Pete Prisco says Bills trying to trade up for Roy Williams or Larry Fitzgerald

Paragraph in: Around The League
  • BillsRockSOMUCH
    Exhausted of Losing
    • Mar 2004

The Patriots and Bills are both trying to trade up to get a big-play receiver. The Bills have the 13th pick, and would love to move up to possibly get a shot at one of the premier receivers in the draft, Roy Williams of Texas or Pitt's Larry Fitzgerald. New England, which has two first-round picks (21 and 32), is also looking to move up to possibly get one of those two. They have talked with Detroit about the sixth overall pick. Both teams need big-play receivers, so these discussions make a lot of sense.

Bills coach Mike Mularkey said he plans to use Travis Henry and Willis McGahee in the same backfield some this season. Henry is penciled in as the starter, but McGahee looked good last week during the team's minicamp and he is a first-round pick who sat out last year recovering from ACL surgery. Henry has two years left on his contract, so perhaps the Bills are readying McGahee to take over after Henry leaves in 2006, unless, of course, he beats him out.

Comment

• juice
      • Aug 2003

Primetime player with an immediate impact.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• The Spaz
        • Mar 2003

Oh the excitement of draft time!

Comment

• Fairway To Green
          • Jul 2002

Pete Prisco is one source I do not trust at all.. I am against us moving up in this draft. It will cost too much.

Comment

• TigerJ
            • Jul 2002

Also in Prisco's column, he stated Mike Williams is dropping like a rock because of questions about attitude, conditioning, speed, and versatility. He has trouble catching balls on the right side of the formation, being a southpaw. Interesting.
            I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Fairway To Green
              • Jul 2002

The consensus at this week's owners meetings was that USC receiver Mike Williams is falling like a rock off a roof. Will he fall out of the first round? No. But don't expect to see him in the top 10, either. Williams will work out for scouts April 8, but that is too late for a lot of teams, many of whom who have already started stacking their draft board.

Writing stuff like that is what makes him uncredible in my eyes. Saying that having his work out too late will make him drop because many teams have have already started stacking thier draft board? That is just outright stupid.

Comment

• The Natrix
                • Jul 2002

That would be a bad move. Get a receiver in the second if they insist on adding a WR.

Anyway, since Prisco said it, it probably won't happen.

Byrd.

Comment

• lordofgun
                  in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TigerJ
                  Also in Prisco's column, he stated Mike Williams is dropping like a rock because of questions about attitude, conditioning, speed, and versatility. He has trouble catching balls on the right side of the formation, being a southpaw. Interesting.
                  That's funny. I saw Mike Williams catch EVERYTHING thrown his way all year. Prisco doesn't know crap.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• mypoorfriendme
                    • Apr 2003

it doesnt make sense for us to trade up (which would take a lot) when someone is bound to fall to 13, or we can wait til rd two and grab someone like rashaun woods or michael jenkins OR we can wait until the third and fourth and get someone like pk sam
                    the dude abides

Comment

• baalworship
                      • May 2003

It all depends on how you rate the players. If you really feel Roy Williams or Larry Fitzgerald is a SPECIAL blue chipper moving up from 13 to 6 is possible. I calculated it would take roughly a 2nd and 4th in addition to our 13th to get the 6th overall.

Tom Donahoe would only move up if he thought someone was head and shoulders over what he could get by holding at 13.

Comment

• Fairway To Green
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by baalworship
                        It all depends on how you rate the players. If you really feel Roy Williams or Larry Fitzgerald is a SPECIAL blue chipper moving up from 13 to 6 is possible. I calculated it would take roughly a 2nd and 4th in addition to our 13th to get the 6th overall.

I really think it would cost us more than that. If TD moves in this draft I want him to move down.

Comment

• mypoorfriendme
                          • Apr 2003

i dont think the level of play between larry fitzgerald and whatever other wr's are there at 13 are worth a second and a fourth, especially in this years draft
                          the dude abides

Comment

• mikemac2001
                            is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                            • Mar 2003

TD wont move up, if a playmaker aint there get more picks

MUCK
                            FIAMI

Comment

• Dozerdog
                              In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                              • Jul 2002

Makes you wonder if Prisco trades putting out smokescreen stories like this for a few GMs in exchange for inside info.

Comment

Working...
                              X