• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Natrix
    • Jul 2002

Is Losman worth the 13th pick?

I don't think he is.

But what if Manning, Rivers, and Roethlisberger are gone when the Bills pick in the first, and then Green Bay takes Losman? Everyone that will be available in the second will be too much of a risk, and I know I won't be running to the store to pick up a Schaub or a Pickett Jersey. Maybe Smoker though, because he has a cool name. If his last name was armpit I doubt anyone would give two craps about him.

Anyway, my point is if Manning, Rivers or Roethlisberger are there, it's a no-brainer. I would be terribly dissapointed if TD passed. It's time to find the next Jimbo, and passing on one of them for a second rate prospect in later rounds would not indicate an effort is being made to do so.

Also, I would rather pass on Losman at #13 but I honestly wouldn't mind it happening. Fire away!

Byrd.
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Hell no!

Comment

• BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
      Hall of Fame Zoner
      • Sep 2003

No... i want him but not worthy of 13 IMO. I hyave a feeling it's possible he'll be there round 2. If we get ROY WILLIAMS and LOSMAN, in first 2 rounds. I'll be happy camper

Comment

• baalworship
        • May 2003

No way would I take Losman at 13. Out of all the QB's in the draft, he is the one that makes me think of RJ.

Comment

• The Natrix
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
          If we get ROY WILLIAMS and LOSMAN, in first 2 rounds. I'll be happy camper
          Me too, but I bet neither is going to be there. I think Roy is top ten material and I really think Green Bay has thier sights set on Losman.

Byrd.

Comment

• The Spaz
            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by The Natrix

Me too, but I bet neither is going to be there. I think Roy is top ten material and I really think Green Bay has thier sights set on Losman.
            I don't think Losman goes in the 1st round period.

Comment

• Fairway To Green
              • Jul 2002

If the big 3 are gone and TD really wants Losman he should try and drop down. If he is afraid GB is going to get him he could drop between 20-24.

I'm not real sure GB will take him. The Couch to GB rumors are heating up.

Comment

• mypoorfriendme
                • Apr 2003

if TD wants losman under the influence of our pitt staff who likes a scrambling qb, then i can see us trading down but no way is he worth a 13 pick.
                the dude abides

Comment

• The Spaz
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by mypoorfriendme
                  if TD wants losman under the influence of our pitt staff who likes a scrambling qb, then i can see us trading down but no way is he worth a 13 pick.
                  If anything I would rather see us move into the upper half of the 2nd round to get him where is value level is.

Comment

• Dozerdog
                    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

I don't think he is.

But what if Manning, Rivers, and Roethlisberger are gone when the Bills pick in the first, and then Green Bay takes Losman? Everyone that will be available in the second will be too much of a risk, and I know I won't be running to the store to pick up a Schaub or a Pickett Jersey. Maybe Smoker though, because he has a cool name. If his last name was armpit I doubt anyone would give two craps about him.

Anyway, my point is if Manning, Rivers or Roethlisberger are there, it's a no-brainer. I would be terribly dissapointed if TD passed. It's time to find the next Jimbo, and passing on one of them for a second rate prospect in later rounds would not indicate an effort is being made to do so.

Also, I would rather pass on Losman at #13 but I honestly wouldn't mind it happening. Fire away!

Using the 13th on Loseman is really stupid.

We need a kicker too, let's draft one in the second round.

Take the best player available. If Loseman was the "next Jimbo" he's be rated a top 15 pick. He's not. So let's pass on the "Next Moulds" or "Next Marvin Harrison" or "Next Warren Sapp" to draft what could be the "Next Kerry Collins"

Comment

• The Natrix
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Fairway To Green
                      The Couch to GB rumors are heating up.
                      Why does this mean they won't draft Losman?

I find it hard to believe they think Couch is the future.

Just look at Bills7's threads. 99% of the people here wouldn't even want Couch as a backup so what makes you think he would be anymore than that in Green Bay?

Byrd.

Comment

• Fairway To Green
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Spaz

I don't think Losman goes in the 1st round period.

If the Giants do move up for Manning and GB passes on Losman, I think he will be there when we pick in round 2. If they don't make the trade I think they grab Losman with thier second pick. I want a QB on the first day.

Comment

• The Spaz
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Fairway To Green

If the Giants do move up for Manning and GB passes on Losman, I think he will be there when we pick in round 2. If they don't make the trade I think they grab Losman with thier second pick. I want a QB on the first day.
                          We will grab a QB on the 1st day wether it be Rivers "Big Ben", Losman or Pickett

Comment

• Fairway To Green
                            • Jul 2002

Why does this mean they won't draft Losman?

I find it hard to believe they think Couch is the future.

Just look at Bills7's threads. 99% of the people here wouldn't even want Couch as a backup so what makes you think he would be anymore than that in Green Bay?

I don't think Farve is leaving for at least 2 or 3 more years. I don't think they take a QB in round 1 whether they sign couch or not.

Comment

• Fairway To Green
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Spaz

We will grab a QB on the 1st day wether it be Rivers "Big Ben", Losman or Pickett

They better not take Pickett on the first day!!!!!!!!!!! He is a 5th rounder at best!

Comment

Working...
                              X