PDA

View Full Version : Is Losman worth the 13th pick?

The Natrix
04-01-2004, 09:52 PM
I don't think he is.

But what if Manning, Rivers, and Roethlisberger are gone when the Bills pick in the first, and then Green Bay takes Losman? Everyone that will be available in the second will be too much of a risk, and I know I won't be running to the store to pick up a Schaub or a Pickett Jersey. Maybe Smoker though, because he has a cool name. If his last name was armpit I doubt anyone would give two craps about him.

Anyway, my point is if Manning, Rivers or Roethlisberger are there, it's a no-brainer. I would be terribly dissapointed if TD passed. It's time to find the next Jimbo, and passing on one of them for a second rate prospect in later rounds would not indicate an effort is being made to do so.

Also, I would rather pass on Losman at #13 but I honestly wouldn't mind it happening. Fire away!

The Spaz
04-01-2004, 09:55 PM
Hell no!:down:

STAMPY
04-01-2004, 09:56 PM
No... i want him but not worthy of 13 IMO. I hyave a feeling it's possible he'll be there round 2. If we get ROY WILLIAMS and LOSMAN, in first 2 rounds. I'll be happy camper

baalworship
04-01-2004, 09:56 PM
No way would I take Losman at 13. Out of all the QB's in the draft, he is the one that makes me think of RJ.

The Natrix
04-01-2004, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
If we get ROY WILLIAMS and LOSMAN, in first 2 rounds. I'll be happy camper

Me too, but I bet neither is going to be there. I think Roy is top ten material and I really think Green Bay has thier sights set on Losman.

The Spaz
04-01-2004, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by The Natrix

Me too, but I bet neither is going to be there. I think Roy is top ten material and I really think Green Bay has thier sights set on Losman.

I don't think Losman goes in the 1st round period.

Novacane
04-01-2004, 10:09 PM
If the big 3 are gone and TD really wants Losman he should try and drop down. If he is afraid GB is going to get him he could drop between 20-24.

I'm not real sure GB will take him. The Couch to GB rumors are heating up.

mypoorfriendme
04-01-2004, 10:12 PM
if TD wants losman under the influence of our pitt staff who likes a scrambling qb, then i can see us trading down but no way is he worth a 13 pick.

The Spaz
04-01-2004, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by mypoorfriendme
if TD wants losman under the influence of our pitt staff who likes a scrambling qb, then i can see us trading down but no way is he worth a 13 pick.

If anything I would rather see us move into the upper half of the 2nd round to get him where is value level is.

Dozerdog
04-01-2004, 10:15 PM
I don't think he is.

But what if Manning, Rivers, and Roethlisberger are gone when the Bills pick in the first, and then Green Bay takes Losman? Everyone that will be available in the second will be too much of a risk, and I know I won't be running to the store to pick up a Schaub or a Pickett Jersey. Maybe Smoker though, because he has a cool name. If his last name was armpit I doubt anyone would give two craps about him.

Anyway, my point is if Manning, Rivers or Roethlisberger are there, it's a no-brainer. I would be terribly dissapointed if TD passed. It's time to find the next Jimbo, and passing on one of them for a second rate prospect in later rounds would not indicate an effort is being made to do so.

Also, I would rather pass on Losman at #13 but I honestly wouldn't mind it happening. Fire away!

Using the 13th on Loseman is really stupid.

We need a kicker too, let's draft one in the second round. :rolleyes:

Take the best player available. If Loseman was the "next Jimbo" he's be rated a top 15 pick. He's not. So let's pass on the "Next Moulds" or "Next Marvin Harrison" or "Next Warren Sapp" to draft what could be the "Next Kerry Collins"

The Natrix
04-01-2004, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
The Couch to GB rumors are heating up.

Why does this mean they won't draft Losman?

I find it hard to believe they think Couch is the future.

Just look at Bills7's threads. 99% of the people here wouldn't even want Couch as a backup so what makes you think he would be anymore than that in Green Bay?

Novacane
04-01-2004, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz

If the Giants do move up for Manning and GB passes on Losman, I think he will be there when we pick in round 2. If they don't make the trade I think they grab Losman with thier second pick. I want a QB on the first day.

The Spaz
04-01-2004, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green

If the Giants do move up for Manning and GB passes on Losman, I think he will be there when we pick in round 2. If they don't make the trade I think they grab Losman with thier second pick. I want a QB on the first day.

We will grab a QB on the 1st day wether it be Rivers "Big Ben", Losman or Pickett:up:

Novacane
04-01-2004, 10:20 PM

Why does this mean they won't draft Losman?

I find it hard to believe they think Couch is the future.

Just look at Bills7's threads. 99% of the people here wouldn't even want Couch as a backup so what makes you think he would be anymore than that in Green Bay?

I don't think Farve is leaving for at least 2 or 3 more years. I don't think they take a QB in round 1 whether they sign couch or not.

Novacane
04-01-2004, 10:22 PM

We will grab a QB on the 1st day wether it be Rivers "Big Ben", Losman or Pickett:up:

They better not take Pickett on the first day!!!!!!!!!!! He is a 5th rounder at best!

Devin
04-01-2004, 10:23 PM
while if we cant get Rivers in the first and are able to get a quality p[layer I dont think we should settle, id skip over Losman.

Now if he is there in the 2nd...id be thrilled.

Dozerdog
04-01-2004, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Devin
while if we cant get Rivers in the first and are able to get a quality p[layer I dont think we should settle, id skip over Losman.

Now if he is there in the 2nd...id be thrilled.

Yup. A stud OL (andrews) or DL (Harrisi, Udeze, Wilfork) in Rd 1, and Loseman in Rd 2. if Loseman fails to materialize- a Top WR will be there

BigZ
04-01-2004, 10:37 PM
We'll either get Big Ben or Rivers with 13 or take Loseman in 2nd.

Tatonka
04-01-2004, 11:19 PM
Hell no!:down:

well said spaz.. well said.

i personally think losman will definately be there in the second.. but if he is not.. there are plenty of other options.. and history has shown that you dont have to take a guy in the first round for him to be a good qb.. there are alot of options at qb this year.. all the way down to a guy like symons in the later part of the second day, and i will be happy with any of them.

SABURZFAN
04-02-2004, 06:03 AM
losman is a reach in the 2nd round.i don't care for him for some reason.

ryjam282
04-02-2004, 07:07 AM
I think a team would definitely be stretching to take him in the first. He is 2nd round talent at best, maybe even 3rd. Not even close to 1st.

BillsRockSOMUCH
04-02-2004, 07:08 AM
No way Losman at 13!! If we want him we can get him in round 2.

The Natrix
02-14-2005, 10:33 PM

Where the hell has Spaz been? He should at least let us know if he's still alive. :ill:

The_Philster
02-15-2005, 03:09 AM
Where the hell has Spaz been? He should at least let us know if he's still alive. :ill:

He still lurks...don't know why he doesn't post :idunno:

TheGhostofJimKelly
02-15-2005, 07:25 AM
What if the Bills could have picked up a guy who has just as much potential and question marks as Losman with their 3rd round pick, would you do that?

Jan Reimers
02-15-2005, 08:28 AM
The draft is always a crap shoot. You can get Ryan Leaf in the 1st Round and Tom Brady in the 6th. The only way to determine a draft pick's value is to see how he performs on the field.

I know this is obvious. But some don't seem to get it.