10 QB's In Draft According To Mike Martz?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • baalworship
    • May 2003

10 QB's In Draft According To Mike Martz?!

From gbnreport.com:The world according to Martz...While most draft observers have been raving about the depth at WR and DT in this year's draft class, St. Louis head coach Mike Martz has some good things to say about the QB class, which has otherwise gotten mixed reviews from scouts. According to Martz, "there's some unusual QB talent in this particular draft." In fact, Martz reports that there are as many as 10 QB prospects this year that he would not mind having. And with the expected release of former two-time league MVP Kurt Warner later this spring, the Rams are expected to be looking hard at QBs from the get-go at this month's draft.
  • ryjam282
    Offical Billszone Starting QB
    • Mar 2003

I hope no one here is interested in Warner. He is the poster boy and true definition of "It's the System not the Player". This guy sucks and if he played in another system that wasn't the same he would show it. I did enjoy watching there offense when it was hot when he was back there, but he is really not a good QB anymore.

Ryan Withey
    Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

i would agree.. there is about that many that i wouldnt mind having.

eli
      ben
      rivers
      losman
      harris
      smoker
      rutherford
      dinwiddie
      van pelt
      kent
      symons
      clausen

i would be ok with any of them.
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Bulldog
        Top Dog
        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka

eli
        ben
        rivers
        losman
        harris
        smoker
        rutherford
        dinwiddie
        van pelt
        kent
        symons
        clausen

You really don't hear alot about Rutherford. I watched alot of Pitt games this year and was impressed with him. Granted, it helps when you have Fitzgerald @ WR, but I thought the guy made plays at critical times in the games I watched. Has there been any talk of where he might go in the draft?
        I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

he is around a 5th round pick.
          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• cordog
            eat, drink, and be merry
            • Apr 2003

eli
            ben
            rivers
            losman
            harris
            smoker
            rutherford
            dinwiddie
            van pelt
            kent
            symons
            clausen

T, Whos your favorite beyond the big 3 and what round is he projected?

Comment

• TedMock
              • Jul 2002

I'd add Matt Schaub to that list. Not that he was all that impressive last season but he was coming off an injury and never seemed to regain form. I just put him there because I think he's a better pro prospect than Harris. I love Harris' athleticism but as a QB, I wasn't that impressed. Now I admit that I only watched him on 3 or 4 occasions so my opinion's not based on a ton of games. Same with Van Pelt. I love the kid's athleticism and love his toughness even more but some of the real bad decisions I've seen him make scare me a little. With any of these guys, though, a day two pick used isn't a bad thing. I really like Smoker in that "realm".

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by cordog
                T, Whos your favorite beyond the big 3 and what round is he projected?
                smoker - 3rd to 4th round..

Originally posted by TedMock
                I'd add Matt Schaub to that list.
                i left him off on purpose.. i hate him.. i think he is an average joe qb.. nothing to get excited about at all... plus he played for one of the worst colleges in the country.. that place is the spawn of satan... i guess i am just too used to hating him.

Comment

• The Spaz
                  • Mar 2003

i left him off on purpose.. i hate him.. i think he is an average joe qb.. nothing to get excited about at all... plus he played for one of the worst colleges in the country.. that place is the spawn of satan... i guess i am just too used to hating him.
                  Now tell him the other reason why you don't like Schaub is because he want to Virginia and you're a VT alum and are natural enemies

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Spaz
                    Now tell him the other reason why you don't like Schaub is because he want to Virginia and you're a VT alum and are natural enemies
                    that is what i said.. he comes from an institution that is the spawn of satan..

we have one of those spawns on our team in angello crowell.. that is our quote.. sorry.. we are at our limit of UVA players.

Comment

• TedMock
                      • Jul 2002

Spaz beat me to it...I was going to ask if you were a VT alum. lol. Welcome to the ACC.....I'm a Terp alum. We are on the same page as far as Smoker is concerned.

Comment

• Tatonka
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TedMock
                        Spaz beat me to it...I was going to ask if you were a VT alum. lol. Welcome to the ACC.....I'm a Terp alum. We are on the same page as far as Smoker is concerned.
                        sweet.. what do you think of madieu ... your former FS? and where do you see him going? (round)

Comment

• TedMock
                          • Jul 2002

sweet.. what do you think of madieu ... your former FS? and where do you see him going? (round)
                          Madieu Williams? I'm guessing round 2-4 (more likely 3-4). I've seen boards that have him as the 3rd best S but others dropped him to 5th or so. So I'm assuming he's probably a 3rd rounder. Fun player to watch, very energetic. Randy Starks, their DT, should be a late first or early second rounder. He's pretty impressive but I think most people feel that the interchangeable 1-2 ranks are Tommy Harris and Vince Wilfork. I'd put Starks just behind them.
                          Last edited by TedMock; 04-02-2004, 01:35 PM.

Comment

• Romes
                            • Jul 2002

For whatever its worth gbnreport.com reported last week that the Bills where one of the 3 teams at Mich St. pro day that were taking a very hard look at smoker. They also reported that the Bills liked what they saw. The info isn't there anymore, atleast I couldn't find it, but trust me it was there.

I agree with Smoker...I would be happy with him in the 3rd or 4th.
                            Originally posted by paladin warrior
                            RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• Captain gameboy
                              • Jul 2002

that is what i said.. he comes from an institution that is the spawn of satan..

we have one of those spawns on our team in angello crowell.. that is our quote.. sorry.. we are at our limit of UVA players.

Things aren't too bad in C'ville Tatonka.
                              Just named the best city in America to live in last Wed.

I've seen Shaub many,many times and I'm not high on him either.
                              Very accurate on short-intermediate routes, good size.

Did well in big games. Injury was minor.

But, no mobility, not a good deep ball.
                              System guy, not a true athlete. Al Groh loved him though.

Comment

Working...
                              X