Josh Reed first 2 years
37 rec 509yds 13.8ypc 2TD
58 rec 588yds 10.1 ypc 2 TD

He will be just fine.
:dink:

Tatonka
04-02-2004, 08:44 AM
he was as good as ward too..

people were ready to run moulds out of town after year two.. lucky we decided to let him stick around another year, huh..

i think that he will be a stud.. but are you ready to admit that if he drops balls this year, and puts up the same numbers as last year.. 58 catchs for 588 yards.. is he no good then?

just wondering how much you believe in him.

Novacane
04-02-2004, 08:55 AM
I believe in him a lot. I think he will keep moving forward. If the puts up the same #'s as last year I won't say he is no good. Thats still better than a lot of WR's. Maybe drafted to high but not no good.

I think he will catch about 65-70 balls, put up 800+ yards with 5 TD's. I don't expect him to make the giant leap Moulds made in year 3.

TedMock
04-02-2004, 09:01 AM
He shouldn't make the giant leap. Moulds went to the #1 slot, Reed's still a #2. Plus, we're not running a pass happy offense with our #2 guy getting 1100 yards and 9 TD's. If we run the type of offense we're saying we'll run then 55-65 catches for 700-800 yards would be absolutely fine with me. Anything more, without straying from the gameplan is just added bonus. Moulds should still get his 1200 yards either way.

Bill Brasky
04-02-2004, 11:54 AM
he sort of dug himself a hole by having such a good rookie season because now alot is expected of him. i think he'll turn into a decent reciever, just got to give him a little time. and let's be honest, he wasn't playing in a good system last year, even if he did drop passes.

Romes
04-02-2004, 12:01 PM
I still have faith that Reed can be a good receiver but he did drop a lot of balls especially in the begining of the year. It would be interesting to see a drop ball stat for those 3 receivers.

Bill Brasky
04-02-2004, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Romes
I still have faith that Reed can be a good receiver but he did drop a lot of balls especially in the begining of the year. It would be interesting to see a drop ball stat for those 3 receivers.

It could have alot to do with stepping into that position in his second year with all that expectation. Nice avatar btw.

TedMock
04-02-2004, 12:43 PM
Reed's drops happened more so early in the year and he did fix that problem. Some still dwell on it a little yet people were willing to easily forgive Henry two seasons ago when he suffered of fumble-itis. Henry got better, right? I'm sure Reed will be fine.

THATHURMANATOR
04-02-2004, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
he was as good as ward too..

people were ready to run moulds out of town after year two.. lucky we decided to let him stick around another year, huh..

i think that he will be a stud.. but are you ready to admit that if he drops balls this year, and puts up the same numbers as last year.. 58 catchs for 588 yards.. is he no good then?

just wondering how much you believe in him.

Yes I think this could be his breakout year.

Yes I will start to question him if he puts up similar #s.

Bert102176
04-02-2004, 05:04 PM
I don't think he is gonna be a bust, but I would like to see a speed WR in here

Mr. Cynical
04-02-2004, 05:58 PM
He will make the probowl in '05 when he finally has a real qb throwing to him. :D

P.S. Per truce rules, one liner light jabs are acceptable. ;)

Seriously though, I believe in him and think he will do very well. He has a motor, is tough, great RAC...and the drops were more about confidence issues/pressure rather than skills. He'll be a keeper. :up:

buffmaniac
04-02-2004, 06:00 PM
Well I definitely think Reed has very similar abilities to Hines Ward. I think if Mularkey and Clements can get Reed to play in a similar fashion to Ward I think he will have a good year.

I also think KG's scheme asked our WRs to do too much thinking and reading. I say just let the WRs go run a route and make plays.

The Spaz
04-02-2004, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by kal123
He will make the probowl in '05 when he finally has a real qb throwing to him. :D

P.S. Per truce rules, one liner light jabs are acceptable. ;)

Seriously though, I believe in him and think he will do very well. He has a motor, is tough, great RAC...and the drops were more about confidence issues/pressure rather than skills. He'll be a keeper. :up:

You have violated the Truce by your signature.

MDFINFAN
04-02-2004, 09:54 PM
Hmmm, more on this subject later..but he's not showing the same fare as Moulds and Peerless..but we'll see...another thing they were both faster....as to a better qb throwing to him,,peerless was given a large bonus by Atlanta because of that QB throwing to him...shouldn't Reed flourish just as much...Mould seem to go farther with Drew..I can understand Moulds and Peerless numbers their 1st two years, remember the QB situation..Reed hasn't had that.

The Spaz
04-02-2004, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by MDFINFAN
Hmmm, more on this subject later..but he's not showing the same fare as Moulds and Peerless..but we'll see...another thing they were both faster....as to a better qb throwing to him,,peerless was given a large bonus by Atlanta because of that QB throwing to him...shouldn't Reed flourish just as much...Mould seem to go farther with Drew..I can understand Moulds and Peerless numbers their 1st two years, remember the QB situation..Reed hasn't had that.

He's had Gilbrideitis like the whole offense has had the last 3 years.

MDFINFAN
04-02-2004, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz

He's had Gilbrideitis like the whole offense has had the last 3 years.

I hear ya, but Moulds and Peerless were in that O too....

The Spaz
04-02-2004, 10:11 PM
This was Josh Reed's first year as a starter and having Moulds hurt half of the year sure didn't help matters either.

TigerJ
04-02-2004, 10:35 PM
I don't think Josh Reed is a bust, but I don't think he has as much upside as did Moulds and Price early in their careers. I think he'll continue to improve, and would have had better numbers this season had he not been wrestling with the dropsies and accompanying confidence issues early in the season. The reason I don't think he has the terrific upside is that:

1. He came out of college already considered to be an excellent route runner. There is a limit to how much he can improve.

2. He already had good hands coming out of college, his sophomore dropsies not withstanding.

3. He doesn't have great size or speed and he's not going to get any bigger or faster.

As I said, I think he will continue to improve modestly, but I just don't see him having a "breakout season" because he will never be a #1 receiver. He may get 70-75 receptions, and that will be enough. He will never force teams to decide whether to double cover Moulds or Reed however. I'd like to see a #2 receiver that at least makes a defence consider doubling. That takes away options from the defence and gives them to the offence.

Mr. Cynical
04-02-2004, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
You have violated the Truce by your signature.

Yep, you're right. Oh well... It was fun while it lasted. :snicker: